Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-07-2006, 05:30 PM   #1  
Mimi 2-3 Boys!

Smile I new to this site...but not to diets!!!! : ( (long)

Hi everyone....
I found this place the other day and think it's great. When I told my oldest daught about it she had already found you last year.
I struggle with my weight every day..and just when I have come to terms with it and am happy with myself, I am diagnoised with Osteoarthritis in both knees!!! All the Dr. are telling mr to lose weight now so here I am at the begining again.
I am depressed all the time,don't want to do anything about my weight or problems. I travel to my daughters in Texas alot to help keep my mind off my kness but they hurt every day! She does have me going to the gym with her so that's a plus!
I hope being here with all of you will help take my mind off my problems...
Thanks for letting me rant & rave on about myself....
Talk again soon
Pam
dreysmimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 05:52 PM   #2  

Smile Welcome

I'm glad that you found this site. You will find a lot of inspiration, good friends, and good advice here. I used to have a major knee problem, and I had surgery, and learned how to walk all over again. Now I am an avid exerciser and I am rooting for you. I have found that the more that I've gotten into my fitness program, the better that I feel. I had a real struggle with depression, but exercise helps to boost the serotonin in your brain so that you feel better. I lost my first 50 pounds doing Walk Away the Pounds which is not too strenuous on the knees. I hope that this information helps, and good luck to you

Sub
subpremeprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 05:53 PM   #3  

Smile

Hi Dreysmimi!!!!

Sorry to hear about the diagnosis....

I just started coming here and I am so happy to be here. I really think it can help you too.

I never came to terms with my weight. It just seemed like a hole I dug for myself and could never get out of. Now I am 28 years old and have high blood pressure and a rapid heartbeat. I can totally relate to the doctor looking at you and telling you -you need to lose weight.

There are a lot of emotional aspects to weight loss. The health reasons, and the physical reasons.

I hope you will find some peace by having people to confide in here.
AquaChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 05:57 PM   #4  
Mimi 2-3 Boys!

Wow..Thanks for the wonderful messages!
dreysmimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 07:53 AM   #5  

Keep up the hope - we will get there. I have been a 'weight' watcher for many, many years. Actually watching it come off and then come back on - what a frustrating feeling.

Hopefully I can also benefit from some kind words and support through this site ... I want to get back to feeling great about myself, thus feeling better towards everyone around. Depression is a tough thing and only those of us that have been through it know the days sometimes are long.

Have a great day .... keep chatting!
wtbtagain is offline   Reply With Quote