Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-02-2006, 04:20 AM   #1  

Default Hello New to Forum

Hello
I was really excited to find this forum. I totally stumbled upon it, while web surfing at work. I am 37, a registered nurse, married and have 3 girls, ages 8,7,3. I have not seen my pre-pregnant weight since I had the first one 8 yrs ago, I weight about twice what I use too. I'm currently at 240 , and would love to be half that or more, since I am only 5'2
I am really looking forward to coming to this forum/website to reach my goals, to recieve support, and give support.
I want to feel good about myself, not be tired all the time, and although I do actively play with my kids, my endurance is low. I want to be fit and healthy, for me and for them.
Thanks
Amy
3girls4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 07:59 AM   #2  
300+ Chick

Welcome Amy..Good luck with your weight loss efforts! You can do it!
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 09:36 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Hi Amy and welcome. Did you have any special eating or activity plan in mind?
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 09:41 AM   #4  
Not giving up!!

S/C/G: 323/200/175

Height: 5'8

Hello and Welcome!! Good Luck with your weight loss!! You can do it!
~~Sunshine~~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 01:08 AM   #5  

Smile

Thanks for the great welcome!
I'm not sure what kind of plan I have for exercise and eating, i've just about done it all, whether it's south beach, WW or food exchange ( what I did with first place weight lost program at church). Probably WW or the exchange provides the best, with also watching low cholesterol,low fat,etc
Exercise I just have to get motivated, we have a treadmill, and I have a ton of exercise videos/dvd's. I just need to get started!

Thanks
Amy
3girls4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 05:25 AM   #6  

Hi 3girls4me
Boy do I hear all you are saying , I all so am just over 5 feet and it has been 12 years since I was trim and terrific ,I have two daughters ,12 and 19 also a grandson that runs me ragged .Luckily I have a great hubby to chase them down for me and then drag them back lol.
I also have weigh machines, tread mills, exercise bike and work out DVD but just don’t get off my big butt to use them. I need a serious talking to or a good kick in the pants.
I have been riding my push bike to work for the last two week and I am proud of myself for this as I do work 12 shifts and the round trip on the bike is 10 miles. Not a marathon I know but at least I am doing some exercise
butter ball no more is offline   Reply With Quote