Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-26-2006, 11:12 AM   #1  
Cruisin' for a Losin'

S/C/G: 278/249/170

Height: 5'9"

Smile New to the Forum...not to dieting

Good Morning!

My name is Mari and I am 23 and new to the Forum. I currently weigh 250 lbs. I have been heavy my entire life (JC Penny and the "Pretty Plus") was me as a kid and I started shopping in Lane Bryant by 12 or 13. I am very tall as well (about 5'10") and so I have always been a big girl. I went on my first diet at 10, struggled with losing and gaining back 10-20 lbs about a dozen times in middle and high school.

3 years ago I topped out at 280 lbs. I lost nearly 80 lbs my junior/senior years of college. Through starvation type diets, being very busy (college, working, "extra curriculars") and even ocassionally using suplements. I got to 201 lbs. And just......lost it. My friend says I panicked at the though of being under 200...I havent been since i knew how to use a scale.

Well I graduated moved home, and am now surrounded by loving, fat feeding, chubby family. Dinner means lasagna with cheese and sauce and cheese bread and wine. (Yep that is on a tuesday!) I started a real job surrounded by food. In the lounge, in the classroom, everywhere I turn!

Here I am with 50lbs back on! I recently purchased weightwatchers and am waiting for it to be delivered. I know this time I need to be a little less....extreme. I hope this will be a place to help! I hope to hear from you soon!
Chestnutlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 11:31 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 178/145/143

Height: 5ft 6

Welcome to the forum! I've only been on here a couple of weeks and I love the encouragement you get as well as all the great resources on the web site. As I'm sure you know, most of us "eat our feelings," atleast I know that I do! Or boredom for me, being at work in front of a computer all day and just munching... Good luck and just declare to yourself that this time you are going to healthily lose weight! And anticipate feelings of sadness... I quit smomking 9 months ago and they equated quitting smoking to "losing a good friend," and quitting smoking is supposed to be easier than losing weight! Good luck and feel free to message me any time you want!
SarahinBalance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 12:06 PM   #3  
Lost in NY

Hi there!

I'm a newbie too so I wanted to say hi. I've been doing WW for about 3 or 4 weeks now. If you'd like to chat about points or anything, drop me a PM.
NYRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 12:20 PM   #4  
Boxer Mom

Default New to Forum and WW.

Hi everyone. I am new to this forum and WW. I have been on WW for only 2 1/2 weeks. I have lost 9 pounds. I am 5'8" and was 275. I would love to be down 50 pounds by June 1st, 2006. My long term goal is under 200 pounds. I would love to share recipes with anyone. I have a sweet tooth therefore this has been very hard for me especially in the afternoons when I really want that sweet snack but i've been trying to save my points for them and eat WW snacks, popcorn etc. So far i've done well but it's an everyday battle for that "quick fix". Hope to hear from some of you soon..

Mary

starting 275
1/20/2006 266
medicalmary1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 02:25 PM   #5  
Cruisin' for a Losin'

Thank you all so much for your replies. No one but a fellow dieter can understand the obsticles.

Started today. I am doing great! I hope that you are all well too!
Old 01-30-2006, 02:34 PM   #6  
marathoner in tranning

S/C/G: 211/190/155

I am kinda new too i have been doing ww for 2 weeks and on the forum about that long feel free to ask questions or chat when ur about to have a melt down, having soemone to talk to when a family bakes cookies or brings snacks is very helpful for me. the encuragement i have found hear is amazing
carop2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 04:45 PM   #7  
Cruisin' for a Losin'

Well another day down...and another lb too!

I think my scale maybe wonky though...I used to have a regular one, but I upgraded to a fat monitor kind...never seems to work. It will weigh me at different weights 30 seconds apart! (Used the one at the gym....good stuff!)

How is everyone doing---so far staying in points!