Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-24-2006, 11:52 PM   #1  
Calorie-Counting Diva

Height: 5'1"

Default A new year, hoping for a new me

Hi everybody, my name is Lydia. I'm 18 years old and I've been suffering the effects of being overweight literally all my life. Even with all the kids insulting me, it didn't really start sinking in until I was about 13 and started noticing stretch marks on my body. Since then, I've been fighting a losing battle with my weight.

In November of 2005, I really, truly decided to start making changes in my life. I eat less junk food, drink less soda, try and limit my portions (not that I actually eat all that much to begin with, which is surprising), as well as doing my best to eat more of what I know is good for me. I eat mostly whole-wheat breads when I eat them, and I eat lots of veggies and soy products to try and get some good nutrition.

So far, though, that hasn't been enough for me. My biggest problem is with sweet foods, and I have sort of been bingeing the last few days. I'm hoping I'll do better to resist tomorrow. I'm definitely going to try.

I've been exercising a lot more lately, almost every day. Sometimes it's only 10 minutes, sometimes it's an hour, but I really do try to make a point to get SOME in. I figure a little moving is better than none. My biggest bodily improvement so far is my arms. Since November, I've lost and inch off each of my arms, and I'm finally starting to see some muscle tone in there! Absolutely thrilling, it feels like SOMETHING is finally paying off.

I have trouble staying motivated... I live with three adult family members (parents and brother) who are all very overweight and not trying to change that, so it's very hard for me to stay on track. I have no friends in the area (they're all out of state), no other family here, and I'm in desperate need of someone to help me through all of this. I'm hoping that you all can embrace me into your great community here and help me through this rough patch in my life.

Thank you for letting me babble, I look forward to hearing from all of you.

-Lydia
LadyFirelyght is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 11:41 AM   #2  

Lydia you can do it!!

Just keep it up!! The change you've seen in your arms is just the beginning! Before you know it you will see changes in other places!! And that will really be thrilling!

Good luck to you -- feel free to drop me a note if you need some extra encouragement!! You can do it!! You can, and you will!!

Blessings,
Travisli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 10:54 PM   #3  
kami=paper/god twi=me

Lydia, you can do this! If you're looking for an email buddy to confess all of your food sins to, feel free to PM me and I'll send you my email address =)

I'm 25, out of college and looking for something to do, so I decided to join the Peace Corps...only, I want to lose fifty pounds before I leave! So I'd love to give and get support =) TTYL!
Kamitwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 12:25 AM   #4  
Wild Angels

Height: 5'2

Hey, I'm 26 and still in college so I can relate for the most part. I swear sometimes college is just a second high school! I too have a younger brother who is very unsupportive of my goals, and all of that negativity can really get to you after a while. Just take a breather, say this is for myself, and do your own thang!
NemesisClaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 10:25 AM   #5  
Calorie-Counting Diva

Height: 5'1"

Thank you all for the very warm welcome! It's nice to FINALLY have people that are supportive of my weight-loss goals. I wasn't 100% sure I could reach my goal, but now I am sure that I can!

To tell you more about me, I'm only 5'1". So all this weight is a lot more for me than taller people. My "ideal" weight would probably be somewhere between 100-115, but I think that since I'm wanting to be toned as well as lean, 130 is more realistic for me. I'll be burning the fat, gaining plenty of muscle. I can't wait!
LadyFirelyght is offline   Reply With Quote