Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-24-2006, 02:00 PM   #1  
girlsrul

Talking God Bless Diet Cherry Coke

Hi,
I'm new to this and wanting to find some friends who can help and inspire me to do the best I can at this!
I'm 32 , married and have 3 girls. All of my girls have a thin build and here I'm Tall and Fat. Started at 238 lbs 2 weeks ago and down to 225! Man, I love this carrot, do you think he's dancing or something else?
I work with a small core of co-workers, the 3 women there over eat big time and the only male is a chain smoker. Yikes, I'm afraid that just being around this day after day is going to be hard and that I'll just get weak and give in to old habits. But then I think of getting on a scale and seeing my weight below 200, and that is enough to keep me going.
Visualize 199

Looking for friends, get in touch!

Last edited by girlsrul; 01-24-2006 at 02:31 PM.
girlsrul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 02:49 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

A little extra blessing because diet coke was a blessing already
Hi there. So what have you been doing so far? it's obviously working! We'll find you some threads to read and post in.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 02:52 PM   #3  

Hey there! Would love to buddy up with you!! You sound like the type I need to get me going. I am married as well, 31 years old, and have 3 daughters ( who are all tall and thin) I am a nurse who works third shift which I think has played a major part of my weight gain as well as my hysterectomy!! I look forward to losing the weight together (as I sit here and snack on cashews) I am putting the can down, stepping away, and I am going for a walk.
lbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 03:11 PM   #4  
girlsrul

That's funny, the first 2 of you that have responded are nurses! Are nurses great support or what!
The past 2 weeks I have been eating a breakfast of cereal or oatmeal and then for lunch I eat a salad or soup. I love Campbells soup and you can't get any easier. Supper varies, I try to get some kind of protein(meat).
lbean- I worked the 3rd shift for years and it wasn't easy to watch what I eat when I was so tired. Stay strong. You can do it.
Getting your RN is a GREAT move, good luck!

SusanB- 32 pounds, hope I can do that great. How are you doing it, are you following a program?
Old 01-24-2006, 03:19 PM   #5  

I'm a calorie counter and truly think it's THE best way to go. I have learned sooo much about nutrition! I started out walking but have graduated to any old kind of cardio and weights. I really like weights.

What can we do for you? Ask anything!
Old 01-24-2006, 03:29 PM   #6  
girlsrul

Heres my big hang-up and that is when I "Cheat". I hate that word because your really not cheating, your just making the decsion to eat something that is going to take time to work off. To make a long story short, I feel so guilty and I just get in these ruts and start to doubt that I can do this.
I keep thinking that I need some kind of inspiration that will keep me going day after day , I know it's in me. I just need the faith in myself, thats my thing
Old 01-24-2006, 03:35 PM   #7  

I come here for a jump start. I read Calorie Counters KISS, Exercise Accountability, 40+'s, Ladies Who Lift...... You can't stay doing the wrong things with all that inspiration.
Old 01-24-2006, 03:40 PM   #8  

Talking

Hi - I'm new here too. Still trying to figure out the threads. How in the world do you get the ruler at the bottom of your page? I looked around at the top but couldn't find it.

I'm a calorie counter! Got a lot to lose and I'm going to do it. I really like cominig to this site for inspiration.
surfdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 03:44 PM   #9  

Surfdreams? try looking here for weight ticker help ....http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40

Ooooo I love new calorie counters! What can we help you with?