Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-23-2006, 12:30 PM   #1  

Default Just wanted to say hi

Hi everyone. I am new here, found this site last night and I am very excited about it!
My name is Heather and I am a sahm/Navy Wife, 30 years old and currently living in Maryland (but I am from Wisconsin).
I have to lose about half my body weight, and have been trying for a while now, and not getting anywhere. I think I have finally resolved myself to lose this year, and am going to try my hardest.
I am very bad about sabotaging myself, and I don't have much self control, but I am working on it!
My hubby needs to lose a little too, as the Navy says he is fat (although, to look at him, you wonder if he could lose weight and not look like a skeleton!) So we are going to do this together. Hopefully that will help!
I look forward to meeting you and wish everyone good luck in their quest for a healthier body!
HeatherUSNWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 03:23 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Hi Heather. Do you have a food plan in mind?
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 12:38 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 285/281/255

Height: 5'7"

Hi there! My husband and I are working together as well. I am doing more of a carb control as I think I have insulin resistance, and my hubby is just cutting calories and exercising more and he's having great success. I have a lot of weight to lose as well and I am in it for the long haul, that's for sure! I'd love to chat, you can PM me anytime.

steph
Familyof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 01:06 AM   #4  

Hi! I've just joined the boards here as well and also need to lose about half of my body weight. Since January 3rd I've lost 7.5 lbs. This is a HUGE improvement for me. I've also just started Curves, so I hope that will help as well. I know what you mean about self control, though! I used to have ZERO self control when it came to giving into cravings. What turned it around for me was my upcomming wedding. I really want to look great for my wedding, and that desire is driving me to stick to my guns. Maybe you can set a goal for yourself, something you REALLY want, and work towards it while all the time keeping in mind how badly you want your goal.
sandrea91483 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 06:01 AM   #5  

Nice to meet you all

As for a food plan, having done WW for 11 months, even though I didnt lose much weight, I learned my biggest problem is portion control. So, we are switching to more raw foods, more whole grains, and portion control. We are also going to be eating a good size breakfast, a "dinner" size meal for lunch, and then eating light for dinner and nothing after 8pm. The other thing we are working on is more water. Thats a pretty big issue, as we were 6 or more cans of soda a day drinkers (by we I mean hubby and I).

The biggest thing will be more exercize for me. Hubby has go PT for work 3 days a week, and also has 3 others times he plays sports. Its funny to me how he can work out so much ( he runs like 6 miles / 3 days a week on top of all his working out), and not be able to lose weight....which has me thinking its the way we eat that is keeping us both "fat".

Thank you for the link to fooddiary.com I will go check it out and see what its like

Have a great day everyone!
HeatherUSNWife is offline   Reply With Quote