Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-23-2006, 07:17 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 109.6kg/104.6kg/67kg (15/8/10)

Height: 170cm

Default Hello :-)

Hi,

I'm new here. I am 32yrs old and it is time to stop putting my life on hold because of my size!!!

I WANT TO LOSE WEIGHT!!!

I am (if I got my calculations from kgs to lbs correct) currently 247lbs. Ideally I should be (again if I got my calculations correct) around 140lbs.

So why is it so hard? It is obviously something that I really dislike about me. I hide in my home for days on end without going out because I feel I am being watched and laughed at. I love to travel, but can't do that comfortably any more, not only because I don't like being seen, but because, I am ashamed to say, I struggle to fit in the seats of busses and planes now!! I know it will (if it hasn't already) affect my health. I know it REALLY depresses me to be this big.

So I am making a very conscious effort this time. In the past I usually 'diet' on the quiet, I don't tell anyone - if it fails who's to know right? I've come to the realisation that that just makes it too easy to give up.

I don't have much in the way of support nearby. I am single, and have very few friends and my family don't have much to do with me now (ohhh how the food has helped carry me through some bad times). I live in a remote Australian community, there is no gym here. A dietician visits the town once every few months, but I have not had the courage to make an appointment - I seem to fear failing the task.

I have come here for the support and encouragement that I know I will need to do this. I am also here to help, support and encourage others where I can. I know how much I hate my weight problem and figure I am not alone with those feelings.

Good luck to everyone and wish me luck!!!

Lindor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 07:52 AM   #2  
Gonna be skinny!

S/C/G: 240/224/140

Height: 5'5

Well you came to the right place. I have only been here a week now but this is the first time i actually made it through the first week of my diet! yay. I am refusing to weigh myself however till i make it to the 2nd week, that will be my reward (hopefully)!! Good luck!
ladypeacek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 08:15 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 109.6kg/104.6kg/67kg (15/8/10)

Height: 170cm

Thankyou, and welcome to you too!

I officially start dieting tomorrow considering it is 9pm here now. I'll be giving it a couple of weeks before my first weigh in too. Gosh, I cringe at the thought of having to step on them scales again. I have not set foot on a set of scales in a verrrry long time. I did it today for the purpose of starting this diet, and I really never knew I was that heavy! A huge shock to the system!!! But makes me even more determined!

Good luck with the dieting
Lindor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 03:28 PM   #4  

Hi Lindor,

Welcome! We are about the same age and about the same weight, I understand how you feel, I have decided to make this year the year I lose the weight. It is funny this time around I am afraid to tell people as I have told friends and family many times I was on a diet that I aways failed.
I don't go to a gym but I have made up one in my basement, I have my exercise bike and yesterday I bought some hand weights and an exercise mat, I am going to try this circut training program that is the the Biggest Loser book. So nah you don't always need a gym to get into shape!
I think you are off to a good start you are ready to make a change, and I know you can do it! You made the first step and came on here for support!
You should check out all the boards, you can find some great suggestions and help with losing weight.
Plus there are alot of people here that are happy to support you! And I am one of them!
You can PM me if you want! Hope to hear from you,
Take care, Stacey
CanadianSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 04:05 PM   #5  

Default Hello Canada

Hello, I am in Canada too and sure do love these fourms for the support. I find it a place to keep myself accountable. I seem to gain strength seeing my results on the screen...be it good or bad. Welcome to the boards and you can drop me a note anytime! I am 28yrs and in the same boat as you!
-CK
ApplBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 04:08 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

The nice thing about being single is that you only need to stock your own food. No temptations in your house.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote