Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-13-2006, 10:53 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 298/226/150

Height: 5'2''

Exclamation Chunky, Cold, Canadian!

hi there! My name is Wendy, I am 38 years young, have PCOS and IR and am on medication for both. It took a full year but I lost over 70lbs. I need to lose another 45-50lbs max. I would like to get to at least 175, but 150 would be even better on my 5'2'' frame. I am married to a wonderful man of five years, have two step-daughters that visit every other weekend and an adopted daughter from my first marriage. She is making me a Grandma come May!! I have a variety of health issues, all seem to be related to my disease and IR. I need to lose the excess weight not only for my health but because it is a DO or DIE issue. My Endocrinologist told me a year ago that if I continued the way I was I was going to die young. I have too much to live for!
I need a buddy to help motivate me, and me to motivate her/him. Share ideas and recipes, and just plain gab or ***** about our day. I follow a daily regimne of low carbs, high protein, lots of water and exercise (when I can motivate myself) I am not sure how the pms work on this site, but you can e-mail me at ******** email removed by MOD
I look forward to getting to know you and helping out one another.
campinbuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 11:51 AM   #2  
stbakd

hi wendy. i live in toronto and need to lose 140. there is thread for pco in dieting with obstacles. one word of advice don't put email addres in your posts incase you spammed. glen
hefty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 03:26 PM   #3  
on my way to HOT !!!

S/C/G: 260/260/150

Height: 5'3

Talking

Hi Wendy,
My name is Elizabeth ~ I hope this finds you doing well !

I wanted to introduce myself to you since just like you I am IR and have PCOS. I am FINALLY on my journey of losing 124 lbs. Congrats on the upcoming birth of your grandbaby ~ I know you're going to love that and will make a great Grandmother !! I have a 9 MO son and he's one of my main reasons for doing this. I want to see him grow and have a family of his own.

I would like to invite you to join Us on The Diet Journey of 2006 ~ 3FC Style !!

A place regardless of how much or how little you have to lose. A place to make buddies, and a great support base!!

Where you WILL find encouragement !!

You will find The Diet Journey of 2006 ~ 3FC Style !! listed under the Support Forums Group !!

Come join us on the journey ~ Hope to see you there!!
MommaAshley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 11:10 PM   #4  
Phasers on stun!

Hi Wendy

I have PCOS and IR too. I am not on meds for it.
I'm new here (this is my 2nd post) and I wanted to say hello.

Last edited by Enterprise; 01-14-2006 at 12:48 AM.
Enterprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 08:33 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Why don't you give us a hello on the calling all Canadians thread? There's a great number of us here.

Have you found the PCOS threads?
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote