Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-09-2006, 12:15 AM   #1  
Karaoke Superstar

Red face Columbus Ohio, anyone?

Hiya! My name is Corrinne and I'm 24. I'm hoping to lose almost 90 pounds long term, but my immediate goal is 36.

About 20 months ago I was down to 190, and then I got pregnant. At six months, my son passed away (heart failure due to a really rare tumor). After I gave birth, I was still around 198, but depression set in, and my very best friend Food was there for me. I also moved in with my wonderful boyfriend around that time, and the comfort factor allowed me to let myself go a little bit. I have gained almost 40 lbs in the last year.

I've started by being careful about what I put in my mouth. I don't deny myself anything, but am conscious of eating only enough to be satisfied (two hershey's kisses curbs the choco craving, but I'm used to eating the whole bag!) I have also all but given up soda, and am drinking more water.

I am hoping to try the Turbo Jam workout soon. If there is anyone in the Columbus area trying this, I'd love to be your buddy. I'm even willing to split the cost of the plan with someone in it for the long haul.

Hope to hear from you all soon, and good luck to everyone!
PixieRin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 12:04 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 145

Height: 5ft 3

Hi! I'm in Toledo, too far to be your workout bud, but I just wanted to tell you how sorry I am about your son. I know that kind of stress is directly related to weight gain. It takes alot of strength to get out of that depression and stop using food to medicate yourself. Good luck to you. Be healthy!
Kerry
good2me is offline   Reply With Quote