Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-08-2006, 12:43 PM   #1  

Default I'm new here, what a great site!

Hello everyone,

I have been battling with a weight problem ever since I can remember! I really want to make a change! I joined weight watchers on wednesday and dusted off my treadmill and work out videos! Wish me luck!
susie_sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 01:15 PM   #2  

Thumbs up

Hi Susie!!!

Motivation is the just one of the "keys" to succeed in losing weight. We're here for you when you need us. There are alot of different groups you can join...go check them out!! They're all wonderful and caring people!!!
If you need to talk, we're here to listen!

Stay strong!

emerald dragonfly
emerald dragonfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 01:22 PM   #3  

Hi Sunshine Has that treadmill worked for you before? I want to get one because I *think* I may commit to doing it every day. What kind of workout videos do you do? I like taebo but I don't ever stick with something like that because I don't have someone doing it with me. I have spent my money on alot of workout programs and DVDs but I just cant seem to make myself do it like i am supposed to. I think a treadmill would be a little easier to get on.
Anyways, Good Luck! You can do it!
CajunMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 01:56 PM   #4  

Thank you very much for your words of encouragement Dragonfly!
Old 01-08-2006, 01:56 PM   #5  

Hi Cajun,

I got my treadmill last summer. I used it very regularly for the first few months then my interest tapered off! I need variety! So I took up Pilates and bought some latin dance and belly dance videos! My plan is to use the treadmill every other day and do a video on the alternate days! I am glad I have it though! I tried walking with a group of women but I prefer to set my own pace! This way I can exercise when I want to !

I'd love to be one of those people who get up at ungodly hours to exercise. I've tried it before and it wasn't pretty! I am going to try it again. My holidays are over today and i go back to work tomorrow so i'm going to get up and do a short workout before work! Please someone tell me getting up early gets easier with time!

Last edited by susie_sunshine; 01-08-2006 at 02:02 PM.
Old 01-08-2006, 02:35 PM   #6  

Smile

Oh Susie...Yes it gets better!!! I am a farmers wife and I get up 2:30am everyday except Sundays....so I have personally done this. Not saying I want to get up every single morning, but knowing I HAVE too, I do get up.

Maybe you should consider writing down an exercise routine...like Mondays: walk 30 minutes in am, walk 30 minutes in pm... Tuesday, treadmill: 30 minutes am, 30 minutes pm or something simular to that. Then post it up somewhere where you see it all the time. like the fridge, a walkway entrance..????? Just a suggestion until you find your own routine. I have done it and it took me 2 months to get use to my schedule. (When your on a dairy farm, anything can happen at any time of the day or night.)

Take care and have a wonderful day!

emerald dragonfly
Old 01-08-2006, 02:49 PM   #7  

I'm going to consider getting up early to exercise spending extra time with my son! He gets up at 6:30 to watch tv before school (crazy child) since the treadmill is in the same room as the tv... we can chat as I work out!
Old 01-08-2006, 02:49 PM   #8  
Tonita

Wink Welcome Sunshine!

Hello there!

Emerald dragonfly is right! I'm up at 5:00 am during the week and head off to my local gym for 6:00- 6:15 am. I'm a morning person. I know that if I leave my exercise for after work, I will make up every excuse to avoid going there. Besides, after a full day of teaching 21 energetic 8 year old children, I am too exhausted to head over to the gym.

You are on the right track about adding variety to your workout. Remember to do physical activities that you like and that you can stick to.

Good luck with Weight Watchers. You can do it!
If you need words of encouragement, I'm here!

I'm back to work tomorrow as well. Good luck this week!

Your fellow Canadian,

Tonita from Whitby, ON
Tonita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 03:02 PM   #9  

Nice to hear from you Tonita!

We have a "healthy school policy" to implement in 2006. We are hoping to add some pilates classes and exercise video clubs during the lunch hour! I think the students will like it as well as the staff ( i teach high school).

I prefer to work out after school but I have no time! We seem to have some sort of activity every evening! So for me it's morning or nothing! I do so well during holidays because I can work out mid-day! But it's a new year and it's time to try something new!
Old 01-08-2006, 03:04 PM   #10  

I would love to belong to a gym! Unfortunately there is none close by! I'd have to drive 50 minutes to the closest one and I just don't have that kind of time to donate to driving! I miss my days of living in a city where gyms are on every corner!
Old 01-08-2006, 06:39 PM   #11  
Mommy to two beast-ettes

good luck with weight watchers! i've been thinking about joining, so i like to hear success stories!

i'd love to be an early morning person too and workout first thing before the kids even get up. i think it would really jumpstart my day. unfortunatly, i don't think it's gonna happen any time soon for me. so i end up working out to my exercise vids when the girls are napping.
jas80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 05:36 PM   #12  

Well I didn't get up this morning, I tried.... ok, not very hard! I'll try again tomorrow! I guess that means a late night session on the treadmill tonight...
Old 01-09-2006, 09:53 PM   #13  

Susie, Susie, Susie...

Don't sweat the small things in life. Just exercise your "hiney" off whenever you can, whether it's at night, or in the morning. Everyone has their own "special" time. You're going to wear yourself out thinking about it and won't have any desire to exercise. Just relax...if you get up late, no big deal. Do whatever you can. You just need to move your body to burn off the calories!!! LOL!

We care for you and want to see you succeed.

emerald dragonfly