Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-08-2006, 12:06 AM   #1  

Default Newbie

Hello. My name is Lisa. I am trying to lose 75 pounds. (Jeez, that sounds like so much when I say it out loud!) I'm not on any certain program at this point. I am just watching what I eat and reading the Dr. Phil book The Ultimate Weight Solution. I am trying Slim Fast bars and shakes and even a few Weight Watchers foods. My weight has always yo-yoed. At my thinnest, I was REAL thin but since getting married almost 13 years ago, my weight has gradually increased. A year and a half ago, I gave up smoking. It was THE hardest thing I have ever done. Instead of a cigarette, I would reach for a dumdum sucker. Needless to say, my weight just went up and up. So, here I am wanting to lose at least 75 pounds. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
lewysgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 12:32 AM   #2  

Hello Lisa.
Congrats on quitting smoking! It really isn’t easy! I gained quite a bit of weight after I quit too. And great job loosing the 5 lbs!
I’m a newbie here too and I have even more weight to loose!
I use a diet and fitness manager, to log all my food, exercise and measurements. It’s a great help and motivation. Check one out, www.fitday.com for example.
This site is great also, with a lot of helpful and supportive people.
You have come to the right place.
I wish you all the best!

~Monkey
Healthmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 12:38 AM   #3  

Hey, it looks like we are at about the same place. In fact, I weigh 230 and want to lose to around 160. If you need someone to talk to, give me a holler. I'll give that site a try. I need all the help I can get! The one thing I have going for me, tho. If I can quit smoking, I figure I can do anything!
Old 01-08-2006, 12:49 AM   #4  

Same to you, if you need anything, let me know. It's nice to have someone that is in the same boat to talk to.
I totally agree, after quitting smoking, we can do anything!

I'm not on any special diet either, just the old calories in<calories out,
and I try to work out everyday. Do you do any exersice?
Old 01-08-2006, 01:12 AM   #5  

No, no exercise yet. I want to start walking with my 10 year old but the evenings here are a little chilly now. (But it was 70 degrees today! Go figure! lol) Plus, walking around is difficult for me, not sure just why yet, tho. But I am determined that this is going to be the year of me. I am going to lose weight. Get some health problems figured out and in general, live life to the very fullest! I lost my dear momma last year. It was a big wake up call for me. I decided that this year, I am going to get IT together. . .so here I am.
Old 01-08-2006, 04:18 AM   #6  

I am so sorry to hear that you lost your mother!
That must be very difficult!
Deciding to take care of your health is great. It is so important, and living life to the fullest is something we all should strive for on a daily basis.
We can do it together! Determination is all we need!
This is our year to DO IT!
I started walking around Christmas; it was really hard in the beginning.
Baby steps.
Today I took my first run.
30 minutes, without stopping or passing out, LOL!
I can’t remember ever doing this before. I was chocked!
If I can do it, you can do it!
The longest journey starts with a single step, is what they say, and it is so true
Old 01-08-2006, 06:35 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 225/225/150

Height: 5'9"

Hello. I'm also a newbie, and trying to figure this all out. Of course with the New Year coming, I've wanted to become not just thinner, but healthier. I don't really have anyone around me that is committed. Yeah, they would love to tone up, but when it comes to going to the gym, taking a walk, or trying a new place to eat, they are quicker to say no than I am! Well, I just wanted to say hi, and I hope to get to know most of you and share in all thats going on! Good Luck! And Happy New Year!
Dreamer85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 12:28 PM   #8  

Hi Dreamer!
Happy New Year to you! Starting to get healthy is a great way to start a new year,
You have come to the right place! There are plenty of commented and supportive people here! Welcome and Good luck, I wish you all the best!

Lisa- I sent you a PM.

~Monkey

Last edited by Healthmonkey; 01-08-2006 at 02:01 PM.