Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-07-2006, 02:35 AM   #1  

Red face Where to Start?

Well, first I want to say hi to everyone. I just joined today and I am very excited. It is so good to know that there are people out there trying to do the same as I am. I am 5'11 and 245 lbs. I want to get down to 175. Before the hurricane I had gotten down to 220 and from living out of a hotel for 3 months I gained it back so here I am again. I had done tae bo and eating smaller portions that is how I lost the weight before. Yeah sounds simple right? If anyone would like to talk I have aol : JasonandRoxy is my s/n. Can't wait to start losing!!!!
mrswehner2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 02:11 PM   #2  

Hello Roxy,
I am from Monroe. My son's wife grew up in Metarie. They are in Shreveport, but her Mom and Dad still have a house there. Of course it needs a lot of work done on it before they will be able to go back. Anyway. I am a mother of 3 grown boys. I am probably thinking that you are a bit (lot) younger. Have battled this weight thing all of my 51 years. I have been from one end of the scales, but not to the point I have had to have two scales and add the totals-lol. This year is my year to take it off and keep it that way. What is going to make a difference this time. I am determined to make a change in the way I think about food. You know Eat to live---not live to eat. The sugar fat thing has always been a problem for me. Anyway, just wanted to say Hi. If you need to talk I am going to stick with this. I don't have an excuse anymore the computer is always sitting here. take care/
breitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 05:38 PM   #3  
Tonita

Smile Welcome Roxy!

Hi Roxy,

I'm so sorry to hear about how the hurricane had destroyed your personal property etc.and I hope that you are on right path to getting your life back together. It's so hard to imagine the pain and sorrow you and fellow Louisianians had gone through because of this horrific natural disaster. Good luck and God bless!

Welcome aboard! If you need another buddy (which we can never have enough of, I am here!) I live in Ontario, Canada. I am a 38 year old Grade Three teacher who has been married for the past three years. My goal is to lose 80 pounds.

I was on the right track by visiting a nutritionist every 2 weeks for 8 months. However, I was finding it expensive and have since stopped going to see her. As a result, I've gained some weight back. Since August 2003, I've been able to keep off 25 pounds. It's a start!

Roxy, you can private message me if you like if you want words of encouragement. Hope to hear from you soon!

Your neighbour to the north,

Tonita
Tonita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 07:05 PM   #4  

WELCOME Roxy!
I am so sorry to hear about the hurricane problem. My prayers are out there for you and everyone who has suffered and still suffering. It sounds like your in good hands with Tonita & breitlady. You gals should form a group together or find one amongst us all. LOL!! There's alot out there but I am sure you'll find one.

If anyone needs a "pick-me-upper" I am here for ya."

emerald dragonfly
emerald dragonfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 11:02 PM   #5  
Ready To Change!

S/C/G: 270/240/170

Height: 6'1"

Hi Roxy,

As the others have said, I am saddened to hear that you were a victim of the hurricane. The whole thing was so heart breaking to watch and hear about. I can't imagine being in the middle of it.

I am 6'1", 240, and want to get to 170. Our stats are pretty close, so if you'd like to email back and forth and share tips, motivation, etc... I'd LOVE to! I have Yahoo, not aol, though. My email is in my profile if you'd like to keep in touch. I'd love to hear from you!

Good luck!
Cheryl170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 01:25 AM   #6  

It is so awesome to know that there are people like all of you out there that are so nice and welcoming. Thank you for responding I hope that all of you are very successful with your weight loss goals ( with all of this positive energy going around how can you not? ) . I hope to talk to you guys more and thanks again for replying. Can't wait to get to know everyone!!!
mrswehner2b is offline   Reply With Quote