Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-05-2006, 02:39 PM   #1  
Returning Fat Chick

S/C/G: 292/261/170

Height: 5'7"

Talking Canadian needs a buddy

My name is Leah, I'm from Saskatchewan, Canada. 37 years old, Married since 1993, Stay at home mom, two boys, one in his teens, the other in his pre-teens. I have 122 lbs to lose. I like to scrapbook, watch movies, and have an addiction to chocolate. Would love an email buddy with things in common. Private Message me if you'd like to email me, I ignore all emails unless I know them (to much spam and spyware nowadays ). Good luck to you all this year
Hunskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 06:04 PM   #2  
Returning Fat Chick

Ummmm, sorry... You don't have to be Canadian to reply... Just thought I'd clear that up
Old 01-05-2006, 06:44 PM   #3  
Tonita

Hi Leah,

I just signed up tonight. I am a 38 year old French Immersion teacher in Whitby, Ontario. I've been married for the past three years to my wonderful husband Brian who is originally from Prince Edward Island. We don't have any children except for our orange tabby cat Mink and a few goldfish.

Since August 2003, I've lost about 25 pounds and have been able to keep it off. I did it through the use of Xenical(prescription through my family doctor), exercise and a nutritionist. I saw my nutritionist once every two weeks for almost 7 months and lost another 20 pounds. However, I stopped seeing her since it was getting costly and I felt that there wasn't anymore she could do for me! I had to have the inner motivation to do this.

I've journaled my eating but since have stopped since I am no longer accountable to my nutritionist. Bad move! I've gained the lost weight and feel terrible! I love chocolate like you. That's the hardest part. I'd like to lose another 70 to 80 pounds but I know that it won't happen overnight!

I'd love for you to e-mail me and we can support one another in our weight loss journey.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Your Canadian buddy in Whitby,

Tonita
Tonita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 08:42 PM   #4  
Returning Fat Chick

Hi Tonita Good to meet you. I also have a cat. Her name is muffin (how typical eh) She's 17 years old. Ive had her longer than the husband and kids, so she has seen the thinner me...lol

I saw a nutritionist a long time ago, but I only went once. We're on a low budget and some of the things she wanted me to buy was a little pricey... So when I asked her to give me a plan on a mac n cheese budget, she kinda looked at me funny...lol I should go again and give it another try.

I did lose 80 lbs a few years back but I've since put it back on...(((SIGH)))

I'm looking forward to finding that thinner me. It's good to know I have some support out there. You can private message me with your email if you'd like ... I'm a bit paranoid about stuff like that...lol
Hope to hear from you soon
Old 01-06-2006, 10:06 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

We should put out a call to all Canadians. It'd be fun to see how many of us there are and where everyone is from.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 04:26 PM   #6  
Returning Fat Chick

I bet there's more than we think out there.

Whats the penalty for eating entire conents of the refridgerator?
Old 01-06-2006, 08:49 PM   #7  

S/C/G: Unhealthy/see ticker/happy

Height: 5ft 9in

Default I'm a Canuck also

.. and its nice to see some of my fellow country women here. I love all the support from everyone( cause I am partially americian- i work in the US), but it'd be interesting to see the number of canadians on this site. Good luck girls.
scrappinRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 10:23 PM   #8  

I'm from none other than our nations capital! I just joined this site today, and have spent most of the day browsing around seeing what it's all about. I'm loving it! I'm very excited to get going with my weight loss, and I'm motivated to actually make 2006 the year that I actually take some weight off instead of just talking about it.

I'm definately looking for some support. Anyone with MSN?
Linds81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 11:09 PM   #9  
I CAN do this...

Hiya!

I'm a fellow Canadian from the east coast. I also have a lot of weight to lose (over 100lbs)! One of my downfalls is CHOCOLATE
I'm 30 yrs old, married for 5 years, and I have one son who is 3.

I used to scrapbook, but I haven't in over a year.....never seem to find the time....

I'd love to chat if you are interested!
enlightened is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 12:50 PM   #10  

Hi i'm from rural Manitoba! I'm also a french immersion teacher! No cats here - i'm allergic! But I do have two boys, ages 2 and almost 10 (yikes). I use MSN messenger and sometimes yahoo!
susie_sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 01:20 PM   #11  

I did start that thread for Canadians to say hello. I think it's in 'Support'.
Hey, gals, this is a great site, yes?
Old 01-22-2006, 07:02 PM   #12  
Smow 76

Hey you Gal's
Im Canadian as well right from the East Coast, Newfoundland and Labrador and this is all knew to me as well, but I havent the slightest clue on how to check and see where im to on this site, what i have entered or if there are any comments or anything like that,so maybe someone can help me out, great to see so Many Canadian's and for all of us who have the same problem, Hummmmmmmm well it's not just me anymore eh b'y, hope you all do well with this....HELP!!!LOL!
Im doing it AGAIN!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 07:43 PM   #13  

Im doing it AGAIN??? have you tried the WW threads?
Old 01-22-2006, 08:25 PM   #14  

I'm not Canadian, but I just wanted to say RUSH RULES Oh, and welcome to the site!!
artsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 09:22 PM   #15  
Smow 76

No i havent tried the WW threads maybe I should eh, still trying to figure this thing out as of yet, Thank's
Im doing it AGAIN!! is offline   Reply With Quote