Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-04-2006, 09:27 PM   #1  
CrazyCrystalcc

S/C/G: 223/223/160

Height: 5'2

Unhappy Newbie that needs HELP

Hi,
My name is Crystal or better known with friends as C.C. I'm 20 years old I need help with finding a diet or a lifestyle change that will work for me. I have always struggled with my weight since I was a child. I'm only 5'2 so 205lbs doesn't look good. My heaviest weight was 215lbs. I'm married now and my husband has been instructed by his doctor that he "MUST" lose weight this worries me very much and I'm sure all you know how hard headed men are LOL.

He has a conditioned called Sleep Apena. He is 40 years old 5'2 and weighs 230lbs. If some would has a diet that would help at all the suggestions would be great. I go to school Full time at the Community College and he works Full time as a Frozen Food Manager at a Grocery Store. So our schedule is pretty hetic. No kids, just a dog.

My family health history consists of: Nanny (Grandmother) Diabetes, Heart Disease (Heart attack last year with a triple bi-pass), the whole family overweight, my nanny's brother had a heart attack with the triple bi-pass also. I think thats it but it is enough to scare me. They are both alive and healthy now.

I need help....we'll me and my husband need help....
CrazyCrystalCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 09:35 PM   #2  

Hi C.C.
You might want to check out the Sonoma Diet thread, I just got the book and it seem pretty doable and very healthy. There are several recipes that use take out rotisserie chicken, which would be quick meals, and they also tell how to make extra for more than one meal of everything. She also tells how to make different wraps and salads for quick meals on the go.
Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help out, this is a very friendly place and I've found a lot of support here.
Bette k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 09:49 PM   #3  
CrazyCrystalcc

Red face Thank you

Thank you for the suggestion will go and check the thread out now!!!
Old 01-04-2006, 09:53 PM   #4  

Hey C.C. well just a tip, Weight Watchers has worked for me in the past, I just seem to not have dedication, I work 3 jobs and the frozen dinners and bags of carrots I could pick up at the Grocery was always very helpfull. I bought the WW cakes and cookies, everything, I lived on pretzels, carrots and frozen dinners, I should probably go back to that come to think of it... good luck
LilMsCntBeWrng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 09:59 PM   #5  
CrazyCrystalcc

Default ty

Thank you for the help!
Old 01-04-2006, 10:31 PM   #6  

Default Good Luck!

C.C. You've found a great place to be. I am fairly new here myself, but I can tell you that the support & motivation you'll find here is wonderful.
Here's my $0.02- I've tried every diet, pill, liquid, shake...out there. 3 years ago I was even considering gastric by-pass. I talked to my doctor about it. She told me to try this one last thing & if it didn't work, she'd help push my insurance to pay for the surgery.

Here's what I had to do: Count my fat grams, cut out the sweets and switch to diet sodas (& cut back on the amount that I drank of them) She told me to keep the fat grams below 30 a day to start, then the closer I came to my goal, if I saw the loss slowing go to 20 per day. I'm telling you it's the only thing that has worked for me & I could see the results almost right away. It's really easy I just buy a lot of reduced fat & fat free foods (not really high cal though). Most of your veggies are fat free. Also, fits great into my hectic lifestyle. When I did this I was a full time student, held down a part time job (sometimes full time) & married with 2 kids. I lost 90lbs that way, but then I got off track. I've kept 80 of that 90 off for 2 1/2 years, I'm back on track now to loose the rest.

This may not be what you want to hear , but basically you're going to have to find what works for you-one plan may work for one person, but not for another.
Feel free to PM me & I'll give you some more details on it if you want.

Good Luck! You've taken a good step forward!!
Teri
maysmav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 10:39 PM   #7  
"Wendy"

Hey there C.C. Boy can I relate, I've been overweight most of my life too and my family history is pretty bad as well. My mom is in a wheelchair because of back problems, more than likely due to her weight. I too have back problems and dont want to end up like her. I think my best friend when heading down the healthy life is portion control. I am going to start on Monday and am praying I dont fail this time. I take one day a week and portion out fruits and veggies with a low fat low calorie dip. I put them into snack size ziploc and the dip in the tiny glad containers, so when you want a snack its already prepared and you dont have to search for something to eat. I wish you and your husband the best of luck and always remember you are on each others side, work with each other it truely helps to have someone, thats why I came here.
Best of luck to you both and I will say a prayer for you,
Wendy
git_it_done is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 11:30 PM   #8  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Hey CC, here is an official !!! Glad to have you here.
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote