Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-03-2006, 11:10 AM   #1  

Default Country Lady Needs Buddy

Hi All, I am pretty new here, just found this site last week, accidently, what luck! I am going to be 49 this month and would really like to lose weight this year. I need to lose a lot. Over 100 lbs total but for now I am concentrating on losing at least 50 lbs in 2006. I am an active person and am not sure why I gain so easily. I raise a huge garden every summer, help my kids with the care of a small dog kennel, and it seems like I am always busy working on something. But still here I am very overweight. I would love to converse with someone else who is in the same boat. I am going to start following the Gold Coast Cure, it is simply healthy eating, since we already eat pretty much that way. (We are vegetarians, grind our own grains, eat our own garden produce almost exclusively, etc) My main problem is sugar. We all have more than one sweet tooth here. I ordered the Turbo Jam dvds, an early birthday present to myself, and plan to do them at least 5 days a week and then maybe walk the other 2. Anyone out there who wants to write to someone who stays home a lot. I homeschool two high school boys and work hard on our little homestead. Pretty simple living going on here.

Thanks and have a nice day.
Candace
Sleddogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 11:40 AM   #2  

That's a great goal, coz that was mine I made exactly this time last year (well almost, my weight loss birthday is tomorrow) and I lost 60lbs! So my goal this year is to lose 50lbs again, only for the first time ever, they are not the 50lbs that I didn't lose the year before!!!!

Have a look at the 100lb club too, they are such a lovely bunch of people, (I should say we coz I'm one of them) and you'll find a lot of people from very different walks of life.

And on your thing about having such an active life and still gaining weight, I wondered about this too, until I learnt it only takes 100 calories per day over your calorie needs to gain 10lbs in a year. I'm not quite sure how many teaspoons of sugar that is, but not many!!!!

I am sure you will have some great success, keep posting!!!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 02:33 PM   #3  

Hi - I'm not exactly new, but I haven't been posting in a long time. I need to lose at least 60 pounds and have been looking around here for a forum and ideas to stay motivated this time. Your post really caught my eye - I have two huskies - we got a cart last year and a sled.....I've got to take the "baby" (he's 4 y/o) to the vet right now, but I'll post more later!! I'm older than you are - but I know I can do this....have to run - Donna
winstarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 02:45 PM   #4  

Default buddy needed

i found this site about a week ago by accident also. i think it is great. i have about 100 pounds to lose also. i start my diet every day and blow it by the end of most days. today im determined to really try to stick to it. i need a buddy also. if any one has any suggestions im open to suggestions on how to get a good start at my diet
linda1892001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 10:34 PM   #5  

Default Thank you for Coming

Thank you to all of you for coming here for a visit. I sent you each a private message. I would like to get to know you better. Would you prefer emails or conversing here in the forum. I do not mind either way. Look forward to hearing from you all.
Candace
Old 01-05-2006, 02:49 AM   #6  

Hi Sleddogs

I don't have any dogs - but I have two children who are aged 6 and 3 and they are right little mucky pups!! I am an at home Mum and am bored bored bored!! My little one goes to afternoon kindergarten (it's all different over here in NZ) for 2 and a half hours three afternoons a week and my 6yr old is at school from 9-3 weekdays. We are currently in School holidays until 7 Feb - so I am finding it very hard and stressful to keep away from the pantry.

I have 30 kilo's to lose (which I think is around 60lb??) I'm doing a plan called Sureslim - but am not taking it too seriously as I think it's too strict - by that I mean I'm adding in my cups of tea and an afternoon fruit snack which is not on their plan - so I'd like to chat with you and the girls if thats ok.
Kiwifruit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 11:04 AM   #7  

Hello~ I love this!! I have been on the "Im tired of this weight" mindset for 4 days now.. and found all these wonderful women who are just as tired and determined as me!! this is awesome.... let me know when or how to chat with everyone... email, or whatever!!
I have a new blog too kaykree!! I will check yours out!!
mine is http://corinasworkout.blogspot.com
Gracie W4C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 09:43 AM   #8  

Hi to all, (waving to you from KS). I am sorry that I was not on yesterday, it was my son's birthday. He turned 18! Had a nice family day but did not get a chance to get online.
Welcome to Kiwi and Gracie!
I hope I have not lost everyone's interest with my absense.
Maybe to start we could outline what we plan to use to aid us in our weight loss. I will go first.
I am already vegetarian. Anyone who says vegetarians are not fat has not met me. I may not love meat but I love sugar. Of course I know refined sugar is a killer. So for my health I must cut back on it. My diet is going to follow the Gold Coast Cure (ran across the book at the library). It is simply eating healthy. Lots of fruits, vegetables, and whole grains. I want a diet I can stick with forever. I guess I want a permanent lifestyle over a diet. I am doing well right now with the eating, or at least pretty well, (the birthday yesterday was not perfect, a little lasgana). But mainly I am doing ok. Now I need to add the exercise.
What is everyone else doing?
I hope I have not lost your interest.
You also do not have to have dogs to join in.
Have a great day
Candace
Old 01-09-2006, 03:20 AM   #9  

No, you haven't lost my interest.

I can't always get on here daily anyway (and this forum is soooo huge, that I've already forgotten which area's I posted in ) Ok, well, like I said, I'm doing this plan called Sureslim. It's basically cutting out most carbs - except veg of course and a few crackers per day - or a bread called mountain bread - which is like a 20cm square flat bread and it's sooo thin when you try to roll it up with your salad and meat - it splits!!! GRRR - you eat three times a day with a 5 hr gap in between and when they say 'nothing' in that 5 hrs -- it's NOTHING but water (not even a cup of tea - which is very hard for a pommie girl like me) thats due to the milk!! You can have black tea with no sugar but I don't like that. Everything is weighed to certain portions depending on your weight at the time. A basic day would go something like this for me : Breakfast - plain unsweetened yoghurt and apple, lots of water then a 5 hr break, Lunch - 3 cruskit crackers with a weighed amount of cheese (or 2 eggs or a meat) with lots of salad and veg and water, Dinner - usually Chicken with vegs (all weighed out) and thats basically the plan. You can't mix proteins and you only eat 3 times a day.

I find this very restricting, and find it still works equally as well if I do slot in a few cups of coffee or tea with just a dash of milk and also an afternoon snack of carrots or almonds - so I'll be doing that to try to lose all this lovely flab.

Wish me luck and I'll try to remember this thread to log in and let you know how I'm doing. If you want to send a private message - thats probably easier then I won't lose track of things hehe.
Kiwifruit is offline   Reply With Quote