Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-01-2006, 12:30 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 305/305/120

Default New Here

Hello all, hope everyone is having a happy new years. I'm Nina, and I'm 21 years old. I have a lot of weight to lose. I've been dieting for about half my life, and I'm tired of it. I plan to make healthy life changes, and I would like to reach my goals by the time I turn 24. I'm following the G.I. Diet because unfortunately, I'm a diabetic so I figured it would help with that and help me lose weight. If anyone is interested in being my buddy, or just sending each other messages of support, feel free to reply or leave me a private message. We can exchange AIM, etc. if anyone is interested. Hope everyone does well with their programs this year and in the future. 2006 will be a year of losers!
FreshStart06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 02:46 PM   #2  

Thumbs up

Hi Nina and WELCOME! There are alot of groups you can join...just find the one that's right for you. I am diabetic also and eat by the "diabetic way." So far, so good! I have about 35 pounds to lose...that's a big leap considering I use to weigh 352 1/2 pounds 5 years ago. But...I am still struggling to lose what I have left...I guess we all do.

If you haven't found the particular group you're looking for....let me know, okay?

Keep your chin up and stay strong!

emerald dragonfly
emerald dragonfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 03:01 PM   #3  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Welcome and Good Luck Nina!!
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 03:32 PM   #4  

Hi nina, what is the GI diet???

I've never heard of that
Penny Loewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 06:32 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 305/305/120

Hey all, thank you so much for the welcome. I just got off the treadmill doing a little over 30 minutes of walking. I'm so proud of myself. I feel like I could have easily done 30 more minutes. I'm really motivated this time around. I really want to lose this weight not only because I want to look sexy and party with the rest of my friends (which I still do, don't get me wrong ) but I also want to be healthy. My doctor told me if I lose some weight, then I wouldn't have to take any medications for my diabetes, which I'm really looking forward too, because I hate taking medicine of any sort. I just really need to lose this weight so I can be healthy overall, physically and mentally.

Penny Loewen, the G.I. diet is based on the Glycemic Index, which is a rating of how fast a food spikes your blood sugar, causing your body to produce insulin. The faster a food spikes your blood sugar, the more insulin your body creates and this causes you to use that energy quickly, and you're feeling hungry again (kind of why eating chinese food leaves you hungry soon after). Also, when your body produces insulin, your body will use this for engery instead of burning fat. So the basic idea is to eat low G.I. foods so you will feel fuller longer, and you can burn more fat. This is the basic gists of it; I'm still new to it, so please excuse me if it's still a little confusing. There are different versions of this diet, but I believe they are essentially the same. I'm using the one by author Rick Gallop.
FreshStart06 is offline   Reply With Quote