Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2005, 03:15 PM   #1  
trying to only eat bamboo

Smile Office Hottie!

Hello All~

I am new to this website and have browsed around a bit, but wanted to find a commited buddy (or buddies ) where we can just share what's going on preferrably on a daily basis.

I'm 22, single, and working in Chicago, IL. Basically meaning that I sit in an office chair from 8am to 8pm, struggle with the fact that it is EXTREMELY hard to eat an actual breakfast, a lunch that is not to-go from some near by restaurant and can never find the motivation to really exercise when I get home from work.

If anyone else out there has gone through this or can relate on some level I'd love to push each other on so we can reach our goals together and become an "office hottie" rather than the girl that everyone just thinks is "nice"

I'm open to e-mail, pm or even starting a thread for us office strugglers
Old 12-29-2005, 03:22 PM   #2  

Height: 5"4

I too sit in an office all day. Worse I'm all alone, well me and my fridge and microwave. It is hard when you have to sit in one place all day. I've started stocking that little fridge with water, and carrots and fruit. I've been trying to bring something thats somewhat healthy. But the worst thing, I can sit in my chair and see and actually smell the pizza place across the street
Old 12-29-2005, 03:30 PM   #3  

Oh my! That must be such a struggle and is just not helping on any level! I should really start buying healthy snacks and drink more water too...a little too addicted to diet soda right now Don't think you're all alone! That's the wonder of the internet...anytime you need to vent or chat just send a message my way

Do you have some sort of exercise schedule? I'm still trying to come up with something I can stick to...
Old 12-29-2005, 07:00 PM   #4  
Nut Gatherer

S/C/G: 145/145/125

Height: 5'4"

Hi ladies, I think I need to join your "office hotties-to-be" support thread! I'm 26, married, and though I don't have a true "desk job", my boss is the typical guy who can eat anything. He's been there for one year, and in the past 6 months I've gained 15 lbs! He brings in all sorts of treats, etc. I told him I'm dieting after the holidays, maybe that will stop him?!?!?

We'll have to share tips on how to avoid treats/temptations? Short of lying and telling everyone I'm diabetic, that is...
Old 12-29-2005, 11:33 PM   #5  

Yes! I feel like I always struggle with that in general and not just in the office...I don't want to blab to every other person I know that I'm on a diet, but I can't just say I'm not hungry or have stomach pains in every food setting i come face to face with...

I'm glad you told your boss but hopefully he won't just take it as a joke since you seem to be ahead of the game compared to the rest of us! (my dream weight some day is to be 135~!! haha) Maybe you can try bringing in some of your own healthy snacks so when he offers you sweets you can politely pass it over by saying you already have something...who knows? maybe he'll start changing his eating habits too!! (haha wishfully thinking will never stop)

do you guys have any ideas on how to get off of the chair for 30mins or an hour or so without looking like you're slacking off from work?
Old 12-29-2005, 11:49 PM   #6  

I completely understand Panda. I started my desk job a little over a year ago and have probably put on 20 pounds, because at my old jobs I was always running around and moving things. Now, it is this constant struggle because I work right next door to 3 resturants in my office complex, all horribly delicious and fattening.

I work with a small group of people so we are all very close and constantly make and share food with each other. There are so many bad influences and temptations constantly. I too have battled with the whole Diet Pop thing. I have not completely pulled myself off of it yet, but I have gotten better. I used to be where I could go for a couple of weeks without even drinking a glass of water, only diet pop and juices. I have made it to where it is my goal to drink 64 oz a day but... I at LEAST have 24 while I am at work before I let myself have any pop.
Old 12-30-2005, 10:06 AM   #7  
Ms. Gehlhausen

I can totally relate to everyone here! I graduated from college last December and got a job sitting at a desk in April. It is so hard to work all day and then make myself head to the gym when I get home. But, I'm also tired of feeling bad about myself and have to do something to change it. I just came across this board last week, and it's motivate me a lot so far. I hope it sticks!!! Good luck to everyone! If you have a moment of weakness email me or PM me. I have at least one a day, so I can totally relate.

Amanda

Last edited by Ms. Gehlhausen; 12-30-2005 at 10:58 AM.
Old 12-30-2005, 10:12 AM   #8  

Height: 5"4

Short of taking your lunch break to take a walk (then come back to work stinky and sweaty lol) I'm not sure how to get any more activity at work. I work alone so I can't even leave the office for a break! I hate exercise, but I've been wanting to look into yoga. Look at Madonna, she is 47 years old and looks great, so yoga can't be all bad.
Old 12-30-2005, 10:22 AM   #9  
Nut Gatherer

S/C/G: 145/145/125

Height: 5'4"

I don't have a typical desk job, but when I'm stuck in my office all day I like to take a few minutes every hour or so and walk to our breakroom for some tea. My office is three floors above the breakroom so I take the stairs both directions. The other thing you can do is just take 5 min. every hour and stretch out your legs, pace around when you're on the phone (DH does that at home and drives me bonkers, but he's also very skinny!), walking for half your lunch break helps, but that may be hard this time of year if weather where you live is crummy.

yeah, I was thinking of bringing in baby carrots, fruit, etc and leaving it in the fridge in boss's office - and telling him to help himself too!!!
Old 12-30-2005, 11:12 AM   #10  

me too spend all day at the computer I do walk to and from work which is 5 miles ish a day but am still piling on the lbs.
Old 12-30-2005, 11:36 AM   #11  

Hello All~

I am proposing to move this thread into the support group forum. We can discuss tips on how to stay healthy in the office, vent about frustrations with bosses, coworkers, etc, and motivate each other on to become "Office-Hotties"

You can find this thread under "Office Hotties-To-Be" or just click below.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...80#post1056280

Please feel free to join at any time and pm me if you have any questions.
Closed Thread