Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-29-2005, 11:24 AM   #1  

Default I'm New

Hi, I am new here and dont know how to get around on the sight yet. I am very excited to be here and looking forward to getting healthier. My husband and I both lost weight last year but we both have gained it back. I look forward to support and advice here I as I start this diet journey once again. I would love to learn to keep it off. My husband and I have started dieting again yesterday. Any suggestions appreciated. Oh, we are Somersizing....
chisoslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 12:36 AM   #2  
Workin' My *** Off!

Height: 5'1"

Hi there! I'm fairly new....I don't post very often, just lurk mostly. I'm hoping to lose about 15 lb's on Somersizing myself! I have been going to the somersizing website for tips and recipies and such....great group there....I'm still getting the hang of things, and planning the meals.... I'd love to be your buddy!!!
Canadian_Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 11:47 AM   #3  

Cool Amanda, hubby and I have Somersized before with great success. Hope you do well on it. My problem is that I keep going back to old habits after the weight is off. I seriously do not want to do it this time. But as of yet, I dunno
Old 01-01-2006, 11:51 AM   #4  
charliekay

S/C/G: 260/246/199

hi, i am new too.what is somersizing?? where in the south do you live? i am in tennessee but from mississippi.great to have you aboard,its great to see another southerner too.maybe we can chat and be buddies
charliekay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 12:02 PM   #5  

Hi Charliekay. Somersizing is the Suzanne Somers diet. It involves combining the right foods at meal time to keep from spiking insulin levels which in turn will cause you to store fat. It has been an easy plan for us to follow in the past. You can't have sugar or white flour basically. You can go to the website and learn a lot. I make us simple lists of what we can have and not have and what we can put together for a meal. It's really pretty simple if you can just get going. We are in the great southern state of North Carolina Howdy!
Old 01-01-2006, 12:05 PM   #6  

Hey again Charliekay, I looked at your profile hehe, I see girl scouting is an interest. My daughters are scouts. Your pic is beautiful btw.
Old 01-01-2006, 12:14 PM   #7  
charliekay

ohh thank you so much,i have alot prettier pics when i was thin yes i am a leader in junior scouts.this is my first time ever doing it and i am lost,i have no idea what i am doing most the time oh ok.so the somer diet sounds hard for me,but even the one i am on is hard for me,they all are!! i am doing herbalife high protein low carb,actually its really not hard,after just three days i really ain't craving stuff i can't eat and don't want to cheat on it,so yippie its works i love south carolina and north too,love myrtle beach
Old 01-01-2006, 12:31 PM   #8  

My oldest is in Junior Scouts and youngest is in Brownies. Glad you are having success on your Herbalife. I put our pic on my profile. I am not a computer genius but I finally figured out how to do it. AAAWWW, the mind of a blonde...teeheee
Old 01-01-2006, 12:38 PM   #9  
charliekay

oh yes,my blonde brain is very bleached hehe.
Old 01-01-2006, 12:41 PM   #10  
charliekay

ohh i love your eyeshadow in that pic,you are very pretty! your hubby looks alot like mine when he don't shave for a few days i wish there was a spot to put more then one pic good your oldest in junior scouts,maybe you can give me pointers and ideas of stuff ya'll have done,activites,crafts everything.are ya'll selling cookies yet? that is going to be hard to stay away from!
Old 01-01-2006, 12:46 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliekay
ohh i love your eyeshadow in that pic,you are very pretty! your hubby looks alot like mine when he don't shave for a few days i wish there was a spot to put more then one pic good your oldest in junior scouts,maybe you can give me pointers and ideas of stuff ya'll have done,activites,crafts everything.are ya'll selling cookies yet? that is going to be hard to stay away from!
Thx for the compliments! Yep, my oldest loves Jr. scouts. They mainly do a lot of crafts and recently went to a party at the Council. In a few weeks they are having a slumber party. There are about 15 in her troop. I ain't lookin' forward to sellin' them cookies sista!!!!! MMMMM....I LOVE those with the peanut butter & chocolate. But ima do my best to steer clear. But truthfully...I WANT ONE NOW!!!