Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-04-2006, 12:02 AM   #16  

Bette,
By the way, I am interested in becoming your buddy with thei journey. E-mail me [email protected]. We'll talk and work together. I know now how important it is to have some true connections while doing the hardest thing I've ever had to do...lose this weight and get healthy.
Mel
Figgykitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 01:01 AM   #17  
Half Dome Hike 2006!

I had visited Seattle in the 80s and 90s before moving here--I have a good girlfriend here. BUT....getting used to the weather has been an ongoing struggle (for a former California & Tennessee resident). It often feels like Seattle is 10 months of rain, 4 weeks of "transition" (spring/fall), and 4 weeks of summer. The mountain trails for hiking around here often don't open until mid-July (actually summer doesn't BEGIN here generally for 1-2 weeks AFTER the 4th of July!). I'm usually fine until late May, then I start getting antsy. My June & early July (in the wet, moist years) I'm positively angry about cold weather (which means I jump in the car and drive OVER the Cascades to where it's about 90!). Tracy
NowOrNever! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 09:17 PM   #18  

Figgykitty, look for an e-mail. I just wish I was using the WATP tapes because it was too hot, I have the opposite problem here, it's cold and muddy. Even so it's lots warmer thanit should be lately, and they said on the news tonight it's been overcast for 14 days. No sunlight, just clouds for 2 weeks, but the sun might come out Friday. No wonder I have a headache.

Now or Never, I just remember the scenery, and it was Aug when we were theree, so I guess that would qualify as summer. I do remember it was raining too. I'm going nuts with our regular winter, I don't know what I would do with that many rainy days, at least if it was warm I could handle it, but I hate the cold. Living in Iowa I spend too much of every year dealing with it, but the spring and fall are worth it most of the time.
Bette k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 09:28 PM   #19  

I just noticed that I'm on the second page of this thread
Old 01-04-2006, 10:35 PM   #20  

Hi,
I have a hard time being hot so I have to be careful to not get over heated. I have chronic Lyme disease so my inner thermometer isn't the best. But I just really hate to be sweating and red faced when others can see me. Is that strange? My favorite time to work out is when it's snowing outside. I finish my workout and step outside and watch the snow staem away on my shoulders. Another "strange". Now you know I'm strange.
How is everyone doing on food and exercise? I've had 2 really good days. I have found that I need to see this from day to day, not pound to pound. 2 good days is wonderful!!
Have a great night!
Mel
Figgykitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 08:05 AM   #21  
Learning to love myself.

Height: 5' 7"

Bette, you mentioned that you don't have room for a treadmill. I don't have room either really, but I put mine in the lounge room in front of the TV. It doesn't look very good, and is kinda in the way, but I don't care. Anyone who comes to visit knows the hard work I've put into losing weight, and nobody has commented about this big 'thing' in the way.

My treadmill didn't really cost that much I don't think. It was $1500 Aus. That is about $5 US I think... well, not really, but our dollar isn't that strong against yours. It is about $1100 US. It is very good and I can vary the incline to give a different workout. I also just got an exercise bike - to sit in the family room... in the way - for more variety. That is smaller, so you might like that more than the treadmill.

Good luck with what you are already doing though. I've heard a lot of positive comments about the Walk Away the Pounds DVDs. I love walking outside too, but tend to find excuses not to, thus the indoor equipment.
ZedAus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 08:07 AM   #22  
Learning to love myself.

Bette, you mentioned that you don't have room for a treadmill. I don't have room either really, but I put mine in the lounge room in front of the TV. It doesn't look very good, and is kinda in the way, but I don't care. Anyone who comes to visit knows the hard work I've put into losing weight, and nobody has commented about this big 'thing' in the way.

My treadmill didn't really cost that much I don't think. It was $1500 Aus. That is about $5 US I think... well, not really, but our dollar isn't that strong against yours. It is about $1100 US. It is very good and I can vary the incline to give a different workout. I also just got an exercise bike - to sit in the family room... in the way - for more variety. That is smaller, so you might like that more than the treadmill.

Good luck with what you are already doing though. I've heard a lot of positive comments about the Walk Away the Pounds DVDs. I love walking outside too, but tend to find excuses not to, thus the indoor equipment.
Old 01-05-2006, 08:16 AM   #23  
Learning to love myself.

Sorry about the double entry. It was my first post on this site and the first entry didn't seem to be going through. I'll try to improve.
Old 01-05-2006, 08:22 PM   #24  

Hi everyone, did you notice 3lbs gone!!!!!! I love the WATP dvd.
I've done the mile one every morning for the last 3 days, I'm a little sore, but it sure wakes me up. This morning My son got up and watched me for a little bit before he had to leave for early practice, tonight he told me I looked funny standing there walking in place. I don't care, I'm going to do them anyway. I'm thinking about upping to the 2 mile over the weekend, I'll see how sore I still am. The walking didn't bother me, but the resistance bands are killing my neck.
Zed Aus, not problem with the double posts, it happens. I appreciate your advise on the tread mill, but I really mean I literally have no room, my biggest room is 11.5' by 15'. I have a couch, chair, tv, and all the stuff a 4 year old considers essential to life. That include at the moment a pony castle, severl pony houses, several dozen ponies, and tons of other toys. She is a big My Little Pony fan. The rest of the house is worse.
Figgykitty, before my son was able to drive himself to practices I had to go get him after practices. The wrestling room is not attached to the school, so I would watch the boys come out of the wrestling room which was hot, and walk the few feet to the school, they really had steam coming off of them. I like it when there is a thick fog, that is when you can look around and imagine you are the only person in the world.

Everyone have a great workout!!
Old 01-06-2006, 10:48 PM   #25  

I did my mile WATP this morning even tho it was very hard getting up. I've been feeling a little depressed the last couple of days and was wondering why, then an article in the paper made me realize why, it has been overcast with little or no sunlight for over 2 weeks. I guess I need a few hours of sunlight to get feeling better, but it looks like it's going to stay the same for the next week. Now I know what the problem is I won't be so tempted by the chocolate aisle in the grocery store. I hope not anyway.
Old 01-09-2006, 11:09 PM   #26  

I just want everyone to know I'm still here. I went up to 2 miles this morning on WATP and then did a mile this afternoon. I'm not doing so well on the food end of it this past weekend, but I know I'll get that under control also, eventually.
Old 01-09-2006, 11:28 PM   #27  
Half Dome Hike 2006!

Keep it up Bette! If you like the WATP tapes then you'll just have to start a whole collection of exercise tapes. It's nice to have a variety and then depending on your time and energy level, you can vary tapes. I used to use tapes a lot too and I found it helped to switch out different tapes just so my body didn't get used to the same old thing.
NowOrNever! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 05:01 PM   #28  

I'm still here too. Looking for some support. I did a dumb thing last night! I had some chocolate covered pretzels in the pantry, and dove right in! Oh I'm so disgusted... I am going to throw them in the trash asap, meaning right after I get off of the net. PLease can someone recommend some good exercise for an over weight 46 yr old? I work with autistic kids all day and am usually pooped when I get home.

Desperate...
Cathy H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 05:09 PM   #29  

Angry Hi Everyone, Im Lizzie im only 19 but 15 STONE :(

Hi Everyone.

My Name is Lizzie, Im 19 and just over 15stone im not huge but im very uncompy!! with ME !! any advise or diets I can try???

Thanks I WUD REALLY LV TO lose weight IN 2006
betty86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 06:15 PM   #30  

Hi Lizzie
Good for you on making the decision to get in shape. I find it's a lot easier to lose weight by getting exercise in everyday, even if it's just a walk. Walking is about all I do right now for exercise, but dancing, rollerblading, cross country skiing, anything that gets you moving is exercise. And I've found the best diet is one that feels right for you. I've done a lot of diets, Weight Watchers, South Beach, low fat, and just watching what I eat. They all worked and I lost weight, but it all came back when I got lazy.

Cathy H. Don't worry about it, just look past it. into every life a little pretzel will fall, and besides, pretzels are low fat and not that high in calories, and chocolate has cancer fighting chemicals in it. there are worse choices you could have made. (like the potato chips I ate after school today)

Now Or Never
I know I'm going to eventually get some different tapes just to get a balanced workout, but I'm hoping that I can get outside in a couple of months and get a variety that way.