Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2005, 06:19 PM   #1  

Default Mmmmm Hi(?) LOL

<---hehehe cute, couldn't resist.

Anyways, hi.

I'm Melissa but use Lissa online *shrugs not sure why but someone started it and it stuck*

Condensed Background:

Married
1 Child: turning 3 this month
Current weight: 200lbs
Dream weight (HAHAHAH): 125lbs

I started battling my weight when I hit my 30s and it didn't get out of control till I got pregnant. A lifetime of bad nutritional choices caught up with me when I developed eclampsia and thought bedrest meant don't do anything and eat everything in sight!

Well 80lbs later and 3 years later, I have only lost 25 lbs! I'm SICK of looking so bloated, SICK of the ugly clothes (yeah, vain I know), and most importantly... I want to be healthy enough to keep up with my toddler. So, I'm back on the diet and determined to succeed this time.

I've never done this forum/support thing before and I'm not on any particular diet. I just count my calories and try to eat healthy food and exercise 30-45 minutes at least 4 times a week.

OK.....*stops the novel*

So hi everyone!
Old 12-12-2005, 06:24 PM   #2  

to the board!! You have some to the right place for some encouragement and support!
Old 12-12-2005, 07:13 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Welcome!!! I just joined last night. It seems very supportive here!!!

Good luck!
Old 12-12-2005, 08:38 PM   #4  

HI there!!! I joined recently, and have lost 9 lbs. You will get all the support you need! I found buddy's and feal great! If you need a buddy, just let me know!!!
I also go to http:/meadow.nohost.com./meadow.html
Razz started that site up, after we met here on 3fc. We both still use this site, but it gives us another place for weight loss topics.
Old 12-12-2005, 08:42 PM   #5  

Awww thanks for the welcomes! I am actually feeling more than a little overwhelmed by the sheer size of this place. I don't know where to post! *whines*
Old 12-12-2005, 09:57 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 191/187/141

Height: 5'4"

Melissa, join us over on the 30 somethings Losing 30 something. The losing 30 something is a broad term since I have around 50 something total to lose. I have already lost 10 since the beginning of November when I started in earnest. I try to check in a couple time a day to the thread and post my goals for the day the week, my failures my accomplishments. We are mostly 30 something moms with similar weight loss goals.

Good Luck, I know you will find support and success,
Amanda
Old 12-13-2005, 01:08 AM   #7  

Sorry everyone! I got the link wrong...
www.meadow.noonhost.com/meadow.html
Old 12-13-2005, 01:46 AM   #8  

S/C/G: See tracker

Height: 5'5"

Welcome Lissa!
Old 12-13-2005, 08:22 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 326/326/164

Height: 5'11"

Welcome Lissa. Sounds like you are taking the right steps. I am not on a particular diet either. I tryto keep my calories at about 1600 and my carbs down below 75 a day or so (I am insulin resistant so I need to stay below 100) I to picked up most of my weight during my first pregnancy and have had a time trying to get it off! Well good luck to you.

~Sharon
Old 12-13-2005, 08:57 AM   #10  

I decided to check out the Slim Fast Optima Diet (free meal plan at their site) not to go on the diet but to get an idea of what I should eat per day. It actually gave me a very good meal plan that I plan on adapting.

I refuse to buy pricey diet foods when I can just learn how to eat what I have in the proper ways and the proper amounts.

Plus it gave me a really good profile... and did I mention its free? LOL.

I think the hardest thing with not using a diet is that you have to be constantly aware of what goes in your mouth and logging it so you don't have an "Oops... did I actually have 3,000 calories today?" moment.
Closed Thread