Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2005, 07:44 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Default Newbie Here

HELLO!!!

My name is Jacki and I'm a 24 y.o. from Connecticut. I am a sahm during the week and a healthcare worker on the weekends.

I am addicted to junk food. I'm the type of person that can't eat something in moderation if I don't see it or taste it I'm fine. I need to have the cupboards and refrigerator bare. One bit of cookie or ice cream and I'll eat and eat and eat. I'm a binger.

I plan to start back at weight watchers once the holidays are done. I've probably gained over 10 pounds in the past 2 months.

I want to get back to my pre-pre-pregnancy weight of 136. A few years ago I was on the depo shot and gained 30 pounds. Then after gaining more weight I got pregnant with my son. He is now 15 months old and I am back in my prepregnancy clothing but they are tight.

So that's a little about me...probably more than anyone wanted to know.

Tomorrow I am forcing myself into the gym. I need to control my eating and make it through Christmas...just allowing myself those 2 days to eat poorly.

I look forward to meeting everyone and getting support. This is very hard for me!!!

Jacki
Old 12-11-2005, 08:16 PM   #2  

Hey Jacki....I am also doing WEIGHT WATCHERS and would love to buddy up with you if youd like....I'm 21, live in Maryland, and also tend to have the binging problem....sweets/junk food and fast food are my downfalls.....
Old 12-11-2005, 08:22 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 343/293/199

Height: 5'8"

Welcome!! I too am on WW. I have been on it for about 2 weeks now and down 9lbs already.
Old 12-11-2005, 08:59 PM   #4  

Hi Jacki! I think you are my long lost twin! I'm also 24, a sahm (kind of), and a healthcare worker on the weekends! I'm not doing WW, but I am trying to make a lifestyle change to lose weight. Like you, if it's out of sight, it's out of mind. Right now, my cabinets/fridge are bare and I'm doing great! But as soon as we go grocery shopping on the 15th.... This is a great site for motivation!
Old 12-12-2005, 06:06 AM   #5  

S/C/G: See tracker

Height: 5'5"

Hey Jack!, welcome to the boards, I hope you'll find the motivation you need here to get you started, Keep us posted with your updates and we'll give you all the support!
Old 12-12-2005, 08:26 AM   #6  
Sick of Fat

S/C/G: 240/183/150

Jacki!! Welcome to the boards This place is absolutely what anyone needs for motivation and support You make a ton of friends on here that push you towards your goals!

I'm not doing WW... just exercising and watching what I eat. If you haven't found it yet, there's a WW forum that has a ton of people that are doing WW!
Old 12-12-2005, 09:00 AM   #7  

Thanks for all the welcomes. I did find the weight watcher forum. I'm contemplating rejoining today at 10a.m. but hate to pay the registration fee this time. I'm also afraid to step on that scale. I think 180 is a generous weight for me right now.

Sabriena-I love the one cow for every 5 pounds lost. That's a really cute idea.
Old 12-12-2005, 01:10 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaaaacki21
HELLO!!!

My name is Jacki and I'm a 24 y.o. from Connecticut. I am a sahm during the week and a healthcare worker on the weekends.

I am addicted to junk food. I'm the type of person that can't eat something in moderation if I don't see it or taste it I'm fine. I need to have the cupboards and refrigerator bare. One bit of cookie or ice cream and I'll eat and eat and eat. I'm a binger.

I plan to start back at weight watchers once the holidays are done. I've probably gained over 10 pounds in the past 2 months.

I want to get back to my pre-pre-pregnancy weight of 136. A few years ago I was on the depo shot and gained 30 pounds. Then after gaining more weight I got pregnant with my son. He is now 15 months old and I am back in my prepregnancy clothing but they are tight.

So that's a little about me...probably more than anyone wanted to know.

Tomorrow I am forcing myself into the gym. I need to control my eating and make it through Christmas...just allowing myself those 2 days to eat poorly.

I look forward to meeting everyone and getting support. This is very hard for me!!!

Jacki
Jacki

Hi, my name is Christine, I just joined today. I too am a junk food junkie! I work from home so the food is constantly around and I don't believe in just having a SMALL piece...I was thin my whole life until I had both my children who are now 9 and 10. I enjoy weight lifting with my husband but can't seem to get my dietary habits in order. HELP.....
Old 12-12-2005, 05:23 PM   #9  

Hi Christine...Maybe all us junk food junkies should stick together and form a buddy group! I know I need all the help I can get.

I finally went and signed up at WW today for the third time in the past year...I was 12 pounds more than I was 2 months ago at my last weigh in. I guess that will motivate me to stay on the wagon this time. The woman at the counter told me "third times the charm" I hope so.
Old 12-23-2005, 10:24 AM   #10  
aka Kim

Wink

Hey Jacki!
I just thought I'd check in with you & see how you were doing! How's WW going so far for you? I'm having a lot of luck on SoBe so far...7 lbs. gone since the Dec. 12th! I've also been trying to squeeze in step-climbing, crunches, etc. I even picked up a jump rope (wow, it feels nostalgic) to get cardio going. Anything special you've been doing? Good luck!
Closed Thread