Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2005, 11:09 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 197

Height: 5'3"

Talking Hello! I'm new here.

I just had my second baby and would like to start losing weight again. I was down to 155 before I got pregnant but now I'm back up to 185.

I would LOVE to be fit by summer!
Old 12-06-2005, 11:33 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 191/187/141

Height: 5'4"

Thumbs up

Congratulations on your new baby. Mine is turning 1 in 19 days and I can't believe it. Are you breastfeeding? I just ask because it is important not to go below 2000 calories while breastfeeding, I tried and had a drop in my supply because of it. It took me about 3 weeks to get it back. Then I used breastfeeding as a excuse not to get my rear in gear. But finally in Novemeber, enough was enough and I have lost 9 pounds since November 1st.

I think trying to keep on a schedule and losing weight has made my house more organized. The organization it take to be on a "diet" breeds organization in other parts of my life.

Good Luck,
Amanda
Old 12-06-2005, 11:46 AM   #3  

I tried breastfeeding for a whole week this time. Then I was pumping but wasn't getting anything. My insurance company covers a home visit from a doctor so I got it set up and she helped me realize why...I wasn't eating or drinking! I was under a lot of stress and didn't eat or drink for 3 days. I ended up giving it up.

I go back to work full time on Thursday. After being off for the past 9 weeks I think I'm going to start crying any minute now!
Old 12-06-2005, 12:56 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 191/187/141

Height: 5'4"

Oh Brandi, big hug to you

I am sorry if I brought up something very sensitive. Breastfeeding is not as second nature as people think. My son is a natural born nurser. I am just weening him now but I think I am the only one of my friends who has had luck lately.

Going back to work is also so stressful. I cried leading up to my return but then once back found that a little alone time had made me treasure my time with him more. I don't get overloaded in the day so when I am with him it is all quality time.

You are going to do fine.

I am around if you would like to talk,
Amanda
Old 12-07-2005, 10:19 AM   #5  

Oh I love my job and I'm excited to go back and all, I think I'm just super nervous about how it's all going to work out with 2 kids and even LESS sleep.

I'm also going to put in my application for a job that pays $3 more an hour (with another mouth to feed it would sure help me!) but there is a written test and a typing test so I'm hoping I can make it through and get offered a position.

It just seems like everything happens all at once! Christmas is in less than 3 weeks...and when I get my taxes we're taking a mini-vacation!!!! Maui anyone?
Closed Thread