Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2005, 09:20 PM   #1  

Default 37 yr. old married, mom wanting to LOSE BIG TIME, buddies wanted for the journey!

Hi, my name is Anna I'm 37 yrs. old. I'm married to Gary and have three children, KJ (Kenneth James) will be 13 on Dec. 3, Matthew is 10 and Katie is 9. I work 35 hrs a week as a receptionist for a counseling agency. I live in Ohio.

I am also a Christian and we go to a non-denominational church. Our church is small, but that's what I like. It's like home, everyone there is like family. My husband got saved a couple years ago, so it's nice to have our whole family going to church together.

I have been overweight mostly since the birth of my kids, each pregnancy gaining more weight etc. I started out this year at 260.4 lbs. I joined weight watchers and got down to 224 lbs. but through SLACKING and LACK OF MOTIVATION, I"ve gained back up to 237 lbs. I quit going to my weight watchers meetings. I think the last time I went was in October. I am planning on joining again after the first of the year, I am HOPING to get some more of this weight off before joining so I don't go back with a big gain from my last weight at weigh in.

I'd love to have some buddies who are also doing weight watchers, so we can exchange support, recipes, etc. I am also a HUGE fan of the BIGGEST LOSER. I've recorded every episode except the first one and cannot wait for the finale on Tuesday. I watch the show and see that IT CAN BE DONE, Granted they do have the trainers and stuff working them but if they can lose these huge numbers in weight in just a couple months then WHY CAN"T I LOSE just 5-10 lbs. per month? I know it's possible because I've done it. I just need the motivation to get back on track.

I have my 20 yr. high school reunion next summer and I"d love to be under 200 lbs. by then (my last reunion was my 10 yr and I was 7 1/2 months pregnant with Katie when I went to that!) so I'd love to be thinner for my reunion.

So ANYONE who is interested please email me at [email protected] I'd love to get a bunch of buddies to email on a daily basis for support.

Thanks for listening, hope to hear from you soon.

Anna in Ohio
260/237/175
Old 11-26-2005, 10:14 PM   #2  
Exercise Queen

Smile

Hi Anna! We would love for you to join us on the "30 Something to lose 30 Something" thread! That "something" includes a lot. I'm 34 and the mother of 3, my oldest Daisy will be 10 on Monday. The boys, Joey and Adam (James by the way) are 8 &7. I have not done WW, but I am familiar with their program, and I post on the WW board here I'm following the "Wendie Plan" counting calories.

On your journey to getting fit and healthy!
Old 11-27-2005, 01:57 PM   #3  
Livin' La Vida Mocha

Welcome- I'm in Ohio too- near Akron. I started Weight Watchers at the end of September and so far I've lost almost 15 pounds. I see a lot of similarities, so I hope we can help each other! Good luck getting back on track!
Old 11-27-2005, 02:02 PM   #4  
come back kid

hi i'm sheila, 35 in michigan with 3 girls ages 7, 12 and 16. love to join in as well.
Old 11-27-2005, 02:03 PM   #5  

Welcome!!!

We have a WW club called the Slimmin' Sistas in the groups and clubs thread. You are more than welcome to join us there. It's a great group and I wouldn't still be here if it weren't for them. I can understand your desire to lose before you re join. This is my third time at meetings. This Time I am actually trying and following the program and it is working. Please feel free to check out our little group of ladies. Here's the link....http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=180
Closed Thread