Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2005, 04:39 PM   #1  
angst and eyeliner

S/C/G: 230/230/150

Height: 5' 3"

Default hi! i'm new here...

hello to everyone! i'm maya and i'm new to this forum. long story short, due to a combination of medical ailments and life stressors i have really let myself go! i've gone from a weight in the 140-150's to 230 in five years. i am NOT pleased to say the least.

i am currently counting calories and alternating daily exercise between walking and the "yourself fitness" xbox interactive exercise program. i've lost 6 pounds in two weeks, so i guess i am a little encouraged.

anyway, it is nice to meet everyone. that's my two cents for today.
Old 11-19-2005, 05:36 PM   #2  
Journey To The Thin Me

S/C/G: 252/234/140

Height: 5'4

Maya.

Congrats on your 6 lbs. That's great. I keep telling myself even if I only lose a pound a week that it's better then gaining any day. Just take it day to day and don't get discouraged. It just takes time to lose the weight. If only it could just magically disappear, oh what joy.

Good luck on your losses.
Old 11-20-2005, 03:24 PM   #3  
My Motivator = Jillian!

Welcome Maya! You will find the motivation & support you need here! If you ever need an extra kick in the butt for motivation ... I'm here for ya!
Old 11-29-2005, 02:38 PM   #4  
angst and eyeliner

hey, thanks to you both for your words of welcome! so far, i'm sticking to it pretty well. i'm trying to increase my exercise intensity/duration and that's been a little rough on me... i may need to some get a motivational kick in the rear soon...
Old 11-29-2005, 04:29 PM   #5  
Journey To The Thin Me

S/C/G: 252/234/140

Height: 5'4

I'll try to give you a motivational kick in the rear as long as you can do the same for me. I know what you mean about needing a good kick. I have been under alot of stress so I haven't been eating well and exercise is the fartherest thing from my mind. Trying to pack up your life in to little boxes and having to store them to move cross country really sucks. We are only going to be able to take essentials and a few non essentials. I just hope things get better and I can start getting back into a routine.

Keep up the good work and keep us posted on your progress.

Hugs, Annie
Old 12-06-2005, 05:14 PM   #6  
angst and eyeliner

annie, i'm doing ok so far. i've lost 10 pounds since i started. woo-hoo. it's been a little slow-going as my exercise motivation is kind of decreased this past week. i'm still counting my calories but my energy is, well, nonexistant at the moment. i don't know if it's the weather or what. (this is my first winter "up north.")

good luck with your move; i know how rough it can be. i moved just before coming up to illinois and now i'm looking at another cross-country move in a few months. ugh. it's not easy. *hugs.* hang in there. the stress will get better once you get settled in your new place. keep me posted!
Old 12-06-2005, 06:29 PM   #7  

Red face

Xbox interactive exercise program?! Never heard of it! Indulge me! Hubby is a video game junkie....how cool that Xbox has something like that!

Besides that, welcome to 3FC.....you have put a foot in the right direction and I know you will succeed! Congrats on the 10 pounds thus far, keep going girl!!!

Cross country from Illinois huh? Where are you headed? I hate moving, my heart goes out to you! Doesnt it make you loath packing tape for months following the move?! Besides that, doesnt your wallet hurt after you pay for the moving van? Prices have skyrocketed since gas prices went up! I just moved from Vermont to Massachusetts (only about a 3 hour drive) and it was upwards of 300 buckaroos! I'm still bitter about it!

I cant wait to hear about this xbox interactive!!! Talk soon!
Closed Thread