Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 06:19 AM   #1  

Default Looking for a buddy

Hi everyone!

I am new here and looking for someone to challenge and support me and looking for the same. I am not "dieting" but trying to eat healthy according to the national guidelines. My downfall is exercise. Outside of my daily routine of life, I rarely ever exercise. I need someone to call me on it and kick me in the butt when I slack!!!

I am 32, mother of a 5yo weigh in at 205 and am 5'5. I also had a c-section which means my tummy looks like jelly. I am looking with someone with a similar amt to lose. I am wanting to lose about 70 lbs and get into a size 7 again. Any takers???

Chelle
Old 11-17-2005, 10:44 AM   #2  
Journey To The Thin Me

S/C/G: 252/234/140

Height: 5'4

Just wanted to welcome you here. I can so relate to you. I have a hard time exercising too. I have the mind set that I know I need to do it if I want to help with my weight loss, but I just lack the motivation .. more like lack the desire to do it. I am hoping I'll be able to get myself in the right frame of mind for exercising when the new year rolls around. I am not calorie counting either. I am watching what I eat and how much I eat. So far it has been working pretty good. I am down from 213 to 205. So we are at the same weight. I have about 70 more lbs to lose to hit my goal of 140. I don't know what size I'll be but I'll be happy with it.

I'm a 35 y.o mother of 3(a son almost 12 and 2 daughters 9 and 3 1/2.) I haven't had a C-section but I find that my belly looks like jelly too. Well, I think it resembles Jello. Wiggly and Jiggly. I hope you enjoy it here at 3FC. You'll find so much support, inspiration, recipes and friendship. Good luck on your weight loss and if you want to buddy up just let me know. I'll be glad to help you. I could use a good kick in the butt too.

Annie
Old 11-17-2005, 11:03 PM   #3  

I am in! I am new here as well and also looking for a buddy. I am 5'6 and wanting to lose 70 pounds. (would love to lose more but...have not seen less than 161 in 12 years) In the past year and a half I have gained 55 pounds. I had lost down to 161 after having my second child but now have gained most of it back. I am not great with the exercise thing either. However when I lost weight before it was a daily routine.

I have two girls - 4 and 6 and still bearing the nice, red stretch marks from them. I also will be turning 30 this January. I don't think I can bear turning 30 and weighing over 200 pounds.

I am a good motivator but also in need of motivation.
Old 11-18-2005, 09:50 AM   #4  
Exercise Queen

Can I join you? I'm the mother of three a girl 10 on the 28th, and two boys 8, & 7. I'm working on losing the belly jiggle too. I'm 5' 8" and looking to lose 75lbs. My Thanksgiving goal is 196, though I will be happy just to get into ONEderland. I've been working out 4-6 times a week since July, but I've just recently gotten serious about watching what I eat. OH also I'm 34, I'll be 35 in January.
Old 11-18-2005, 10:53 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 191/187/141

Height: 5'4"

Hi, I'm Amanda and I would love to join you gals.

May I make a suggestion and call ourselves, "30 somethings losing 30 Something". Just a thought.

I am a fairly new mom of one very terrific boy who will be turning 1 in December. I have been breastfeeding for the past year so I haven't made an effort to lose weight. I am down to my pre-pg size but that was not a great weight at 194. Well, we are beginning to ween so no more excuses. I actually started about 3 weeks ago and have been trying to rally support on babycenter but I seem to be the only one committed to the thread. Alot said they were in but it really has become my own personal blog.

I am 34 and I am just tired of being the fat funny one. I want to be the average size funny one.

As of this morning I am down to 184.0. I am not doing anything drastic just tryinf really hard to resist temptation. I am a smart gal (if I do say so myself) so I know what I need to do I just need to make sure I tell my mouth, throat and stomach what to do. In these last few weeks I have found that if I focus on fixing other parts of my life and accomplishing other tasks in my life it just bolsters my weight loss effort. Oprah is right!!!!!!

My stats:
Starting weight (11/3/05):194.0
Last weeks weight: 191.0
This weeks weight: 184.0
Thanksgiving Goal: 190.0 (Going to keep just incase)
Son's 1st birthday goal (late december): 184.0 (Going to reevaluate next
week)
Long Term Goal: 140ish (Looking for early summer)

What I'm doing to get there:
walking, walking, walking
stair climbing
water
ab & arm work
setting personal goals everyday, doing the tasks that I have been dreading or putting off.
Old 11-19-2005, 10:47 AM   #6  
Exercise Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBsMama
May I make a suggestion and call ourselves, "30 somethings losing 30 Something".
Amanda I think that is a great idea for a buddy group. I will go start the thread and see who joins us. I think I will add a + though to encourage those who have more than 30, like me, to lose to join us.
Old 11-21-2005, 12:02 AM   #7  

Hi girls!!! great to see such an enthusiastic response!!! I am new to this site so I am feeling my way around. I am going to look for the 30's losing 30+ but if I don't find you, please clue me in!!

Chelle
Closed Thread