Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2005, 01:39 PM   #1  

Red face Newbie here!

Hello everyone!
I just joined today and am feeling a little overwhelmed by this site. All the other sites I have been looking at aren't this big. If anyone could give me some tips or advice on where I should start I would greatly appreciate it. Hopefully when I come back after work I can find this post again. Anyway.. I am 28 years old, I have allot of weight to loose and am looking forward to meeting everyone and getting to know you guys. I really need the support.

Angelia
Old 11-11-2005, 02:06 PM   #2  
ButDoesntWannaLookLikeOne

S/C/G: 230/218/170

Height: 5'4"

Hi Angelia

Welcome! Just cruise around the site for a while and you'll get the hang of it. Everyone here is fantastic with all sorts of great advice!

Where to start....

Well, I always tell people the best way to start is with baby steps. Change a few things at a time, and when you're comfortable with those changes, work on some other things. Many people here use fitday.com to track their daily calories. Do you have a specific plan in mind, or are you doing it "on your own?" (That's what I'm doing). What kind of exercise are you planning?
Old 11-12-2005, 03:29 AM   #3  

Hello,
Thanks for your reply. I just got home from work sorry it took so long to get back to you. You know I am just starting and I have no idea what I am going to do as in a plan and excersise. I was going to try the Denise Austin excersise program that is on in the morning, but after doing it one day my back was hurting so bad and I didn't even finish it. It was only half an hour. That kinda discouraged me so now I think I may have to start slower until my body can handle that much excersise.

Thanks for your advice.
Old 11-12-2005, 08:49 AM   #4  

Hi Angelia,
I'm new here myself, so I know how you feel about it being overwhelming. But just look around the site and jump right into any conversation you find interesting! Everyone here is very supportive.

I'm sorry your work out didn't go so well. I've done that too, where I get all excited to start working out and I over do it and I've hurt myself. Just remember, if you haven't worked out in a while, you'll need to sort of build up to it. Starting slow is the best way, so you don't injure yourself. But don't get discouraged! It will happen for you if you stick with it!

Darby
Old 11-12-2005, 01:35 PM   #5  

Hi Angelina,

I am new to this site myself, I am 27 and have 100+ to lose (YIKES) but for the short time I've been here I've had a lot of encouragment and everyone is SO nice. Browse around and check things out, I'm sure you will enjoy your stay.
Old 11-13-2005, 11:55 PM   #6  
My Motivator = Jillian!

Welcome! I just wanted to let you know that you will find the support & motivation you need here on this board! and if you ever need an extra push or a kick in the pants, let me know and I'll be here for you!
Closed Thread