Buddies looking to lose 20 pounds or less by Christmas

You're on Page 4 of 9
Go to
  • Wow! This is so exiciting that there are so many people here I will never keep everyone's name straight - glad I'm not the moderator

Frankiesgirl - my "official" weigh in is Tuesday mornings. However, I weigh myself at least once a day because I am scale-obsessive!

Pam - what a great idea you and your friends have with the spa day challenge!

Crazy in stl - is that seattle, or st. louis? Um - working out at home, let's see - I have a set of 5 pound and 10 pound dumbells, and (sometimes) do like 20 minutes of weightlifting/squats/lunges at home. If you have a dvd player, go to the library or blockbuster and borrow/rent exercise dvds. I also bought a home elliptical machine that I use fairly regularly if I didn't make it to the gym on any given day. I don't know what your finances or your available home space is, but it takes up a small area, and I paid about $350 for it. (Warning!!! You have to assemble them yourself!!!) I don't like the balance ball, but that may be because I am clumsy.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful day!
  • Wow.. This group is really growing. Fantastic. Welcome to everyone new. Hopefully we can all reach our Christmas goals. I personally will be happy with getting under 200 by the end of the year. I think I am going to give myself until the week after Christmas to reach my goal of 20 lbs (or more). Onederland here I come.

Oh to answer you question frankiesgirl I weigh in on Sunday so my last weigh in for the Christmas challenge goal of 20 lbs will be on Christmas morning. So hopefully it will make for a nice present for myself. Like I said though I am really shooting to get under 200. I haven't seen that since 1992 when I was 181 and I thought that was huge. Now I would love to see that again.

I agree with you FishWoman. I don't think I'll be able to remember everyone's names. I will be trying to post and say congrats and I'll probably forget someone. I can't wait to see how much we can post as a loss as a group. That will be awesome to see.

Sheri~C that pie recipe sounds good. You must share it with us all. Plus I'm up for any good recipes that anyone is willing to share.

Keep up the good work gals.
  • Good Morning Everyone!
    Morning everyone!

Todays tip: Don’t go hungry, hunger makes us fat. We need to eat every 3 hours or so to keep from getting hungry, a small snack such as an apple a few crackers an ounce of cheese will keep us from overeating from hunger.

Crazynstl: Hope you had a good time throwing away all the tempting things in your pantry, I bet it made you feel strong and powerful to take control and do that! I have to say if you haven’t tried a Richard Simmons tape, give it a shot. I know he can be over the top but I love working out to his tapes because there are people who look like me in them and it just makes it so much easier that watching supermodels move their beautiful selves around.

Sunnykells: What a gorgeous little girl you have! I know kids are great motivators for sure, My little boy told me I have a fat tummy this morning! I want to make sure he doesn’t get to say that for too much longer. You have some great ideas I know squats are great for the butt too.

herownbeat: Welcome, what a great user name, an inspiration right there. Looking forward to getting to know you!

Pamintx: Glad you are here, I hope you win the Spa Day!

2fat4sure: Welcome Home! You don’t need to deprive yourself in order to lose weight! I have learned that this time around, I am eating everything I want and staying on program and doing it in a healthy way. And sweetie if eating lobster and crab is not good for losing weight what is! Use becel spray or ICBINB spray instead of the butter and you have a great healthy meal start there.
  • I though I would share a little bit about me this morning:

For me the most important part of my weight loss plan is emotional support. Fortunately I have found that here with all of you so I have what I need the most. The second most important thing for me is to be able to see results. Nothing helps me succeed like success. So I have a picture of myself where I can see it through the day and I have taken measurements so I will be able to see the changes in my body through the measuring tape even if the mirror is not reflecting it for me.

Another thing I am trying to do is to set realistic goals that are specific. Such as losing 20 pounds by Christmas which basically works out to 2 pounds a week for me which is a good healthy weight loss and not out of reach.

I will soon have to be setting more exercise goals, right now what is realistic for me is to be adding more steps to my daily walking, by parking farther away and by taking slightly longer routes to places that I walk to or just by walking the dog down to the end of the block and back.

I have also added more accountability to my life by being on this thread with all of you, it really gives me a boost everyday to come online and know that there are people facing the same struggles I am that I can talk to. I have also taken to really looking for as much information on weight loss as I can so I can learn how best to make this a lifetime success.
  • Here is the Pie recipe, enjoy!

Crustless Pumpkin Pie

1 – 14 ounce can unsweetened pumpkin (2.5pts)

1 – 14 ounce can evaporated skim milk (5pts)

2 – eggs

½ cup bisquick (8 pts)

1 Tbls Butter/margarine

½ cup splenda (Use another ¼ cup if you like things sweeter)

1 tsp cinnamon

1tsp allspice

1 tsp ginger

¼ tsp salt

1 tsp vanilla

Blend all ingredients put into 9” pie plate precoated with cooking spray bake at 375 for 40-50 mins.

Whole pie is 22.5 points 3.75 points for 1/6 of the pie
  • Morning ladies...wanted to check in during pantry clean out...yes Sheri throwing out that stuff does add to ones motivation...out with the bad and in with the good. Thanks for R.Simmons suggestion..will check one out for certain.

Fishwoman...stl is for St. Louis...born here and moved back almost 3 years ago to be near family...wouldn't want to be anywhere else!

Thats it for now wanted to get in my 2 cents for the morning

I can't believe how many of us are here already!!
  • Hello all! Thank you for the welcome.

I weigh in (normally) on Monday, Wednesday and Fridays as required by my program. I actually like it better that way because there is no real long period of time when I'm like oh I can cheat and the results won't show up at wi.

I do get a little leeway on the weekends though...LOL I try not to take advantage of it though.
  • I Am So Excited!
    I checked through the list and we now have 25 people working to lose 20 pounds or less by Christmas.

I am so excited! if each of us were to lose 12 pounds it would total 300 POUNDS!

That is 2 whole people we can lose!
  • Wow. That's amazing. It would be great if we can all come close or reach our goals. This is going to be great. Good luck everyone.

I just have to say I had to get out of the house earlier. I am so stressing because of so many factors. Don't really want to get into it all. Let's just say job and money issues. I went to the drug store and boy I could have bought a bag of chocolate and ate the whole thing with the way I am feeling. But I was good and I passed on any candy. Boy, I just wish I could find a job before I run out of money which is going to be very soon.

I am just keeping my fingers crossed.

Have a good day all.
  • Hi! I'm trying to lose 20 by Christmas too...
    I'm down 6 but I still have 14 to go- the hard 14- the ones I can never seem to lose. I'd love to be part of the group!

• Welcome hopester, Glad to have you here and we will cheer you on for those 14 pounds!
  • Hey AnnieFannie:

That is so awsome with so much stress and #$%#$%# to deal with and you DID IT! You said no to that nasty little voice. You are strong Woman and you shall succeed, not just with your weight loss but in your job search too.

I don't know if you have tried this or not but it really worked great for my son when he couldn't find a job. He went to a temp agency and got work right away, it kept the bill collectors at bay and he actually ended up discovering what he wanted to be. I know it is no fun to have to take a job you don't really want but it can be great experience and you may even gain something you don't expect from it?
  • Okay so maybe this particular week of the month was not a great time to start a diet! LOL...I am staying away from the scale for a week...then we'll see where I am at...

Lots of walking coming up with weekend activities..should help..keep fighting guys..

AnnieFannie...hip hip hooray for passing up the chocolate...!!! Something will come up for you soon...I lost my job almost 3 years ago now I know being unemployed is stressful to say the least...hang in there...

Off for the weekend...WE can do it!!
  • Sheri .. thanks for sharing that awesome recipe! Also, thanks for the compliment on little Nellie -- she's actually just my niece but she's so active and I have her a lot and I would love to be able to chase her and play with her more w/out getting out of breath! But anyway, thanks so much, she does motivate me for sure

Annie, congrats on passing up the chocolate! You go sista!

I was good tonight for dinner and made quesadillas - cut it into 6 pieces but only ate 3 with a salad! I gotta shrink this stomach

I'll be back later ... I love this group
  • Can I join you all too?

My name is Nicole. I'm 25, almost 26. I'm a SAHM and college student. I have a 2 year old and a 9.5 month old. I'm currently at 212 lbs and a size 14/16. I'd like to get down to around 150 I think. I'm aiming more for a size 6/8 though. (I was a size 0 at 125 lbs, so I'm not sure exactly what will look right for me, ya know.) I joined the gym about 2 weeks ago, and I'm going 3 days a week to do cardio and weight training. I work out at home 3 days a week doing cardio, pilates, and belly dancing. I take Sundays off. Many times we'll go to the zoo or mountains or something though, so I'm still getting in plenty of walking. My dh is trying to lose weight too, so we've changed out eating too. We're not doing a diet, we're just eating healthy and watching portion size.

I have to admit that I missed my first day of working out since I started yesterday. I got an IUD after Lauren was born, and I hae some pretty fierce cramps now. I don't feel too much better today, but I dragged my butt to the gym and did 30 mins of cardio and 30 mins of weight training.