Buddies looking to lose 20 pounds or less by Christmas

You're on Page 3 of 9
Go to
  • Todays Quote:

" The difference between stumbling blocks and stepping stones ... is how you use them."

Stay Strong!
  • I would LOVE to lose 20 by Christmas...was hoping for 25 but someone mentioned earlier on this thread that this would be the best present to yourself! Isn't that the truth! I am shooting for 40-50 pound loss by April Fools Day...this would be a great kick start to try and get that goal!

Looking forward to heading into battle with all of you!

CJ
  • Welcome crazynstl!!

We are happy to add you to our group. I was wondering what to do for a goal after New Years and April Fools will be it, great idea! We can start a new thread for it in the new year.
  • Hi All!
    Hi everyone. I am in! I have 21 pounds to lose by Christmas. I am excited...I am really concentrating on how I eat. I have been pretty good for the past month about exercising. I just need to control my eating habits. I look forward to getting to know you all!

Good Luck!
  • Welcome RCsMommy, it is great to have you join our little group. I bet we are going to have a very nice combined weight loss by Christmas. Maybe Santa can make another couple of elves with it all!
  • Quote: I bet we are going to have a very nice combined weight loss by Christmas. Maybe Santa can make another couple of elves with it all!
    You're funny! Oh man, so I just noticed this thread and thought how awesome! I would LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE to lose 20 lbs by Xmas ... would make me oh so very happy! I am so sick of going to family functions and dreading having people look me up and down, just knowing what they're thinking -- it'd be nice to hear "hey have you lost weight" Yeah? LOL Anyway, hi! I guess I should've started with an intro since I'm newly posting here, I just start babbling away ... anyway, I can't wait to see how much we all lose by Christmas
  • This is great...glad you liked April Fool goal time...is a good short term goal length I think/hope.

Tomorrow I tackle the pantry and grocery store...time to get rid of the junk...

Ladies I am also looking for any tips on at home work outs...anyone use a balance ball??? I have one afraid I will burst it! LOL I work retail and don't like to walk in my neighborhood after dark...looking for things I can do at home and all ideas are appreciated!

Lets do this!

• I have a balance ball ... rest assured you WILL NOT bust it silly LOL You crack me up! I think it's awesome but I never really found my "home" with it ... I have found that aerobics works well with me ... I don't get home until dark too and I definitely don't like walking around my neighborhood when it is dark. Um so other than aerobics or actual videos or something ... I have a treadmill but it's a little dusty -- though not for long ... just things like that is all I know! Before I got the treadmill I'd do squats all the way from one end of the hallway to the other and back & forth until my legs turned to jello ... I'm not so good at suggesting ideas though ... I'm sure some of these other gals will have better ideas that will probably help me too! lol
  • All ideas welcome I said...thanks!!!
  • Hello all! It's so interesting that I stumbled upon this thread because I decided on the 25th that I wanted to lose 20.3 lbs by Christmas. This would put me in Onederland. So I look forward to chatting with all of you as we move toward this goal together.
  • How awesome! I love that so many of us are doing this together!
  • I am in too!
    O.k. I am in this challenge too. I haven't weighed myself in a while I have been putting it off, and even my calculator at the bottom was just an educated guess, so, my 1st goal is to weigh myself in the morning, and then figure out how much I can realistically loose successfully by Christmas. I am thinking 10 - 12 pounds is achievable. Starting right now, tonight, I am going to cut my fats down, drink my water because I am so bad at that, I will add an extra 30 min of cardio at least once a week on top of my regular 30 min/day and eat in moderation and cut down my carbs. This will be a good start seeing everyone's positivity and goals is a great booster, I am actually excited - except for the weighing thing, I might currently be in denial about how much I actually weigh, but here goes nothing! I will let you all no tomorrow. Good Luck everyone!
  • I'm jumping in here. 20 by Christmas seems do-able. We have a bet going on at work between 5 of us ladies, whomever loses the most weight and/or inches by march 10 the others have to chip in for a spa day. Seems like a good way to get moving on my claiming the spa day.
  • I am going to call this thread home as well I like alot of others wander aimlessly and lurk as I not quite sure I am in the right area to post I want to lose 25 pounds by Jan 1 2006 as well. That would take me out of the 200s and 190s and I would be 189 wow... what a concept. Then I would be 1 pound more than when I met my husband. The more I think about it the more I should be happy that I only gained 40 pounds in 7 years I keep telling him that it was better when I was poor and could not afford to eat lobster and crab.... He says we are still poor but we just decline to deprive ourselves as I did when I was single

Hope you guys are well and look forward to reporting great weight loss before the final holidays of the year. I haven't weighed in over two weeks so hopefully I will be under 210 when I weigh again Wish me luck and lightness

Have a great day all....
  • when is everyones weigh in??!
    hello all fellow xmas challenge girlies!!

Just wondering when everyones weigh in day is? I weigh in on a monday, and was just wondering if anyone else weighs in then too?!

Xmas goal:

Main goal: