3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Introductions

Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2005, 11:18 AM   #16
Losing for Life!

Default :welcome:

To everyone, all it takes to join is a goal to set to reach by Christmas, your choice in how much it is going to be. Post your worries, concerns, success, triumphs, victories, anything that you want to share that you think might help with the special difficulties of getting through the holidays with all the parties and family events. I am so excited to have you all here with us to support and encourage. We are going to be an Amazing Group!

AnnieFannie : I know what you mean about new numbers. It can be a huge shot in the (butt) to encourage continued success. I look forward to getting to 299 that is my New Years Goal.

GonnaLooseitagain : Of course you can! Set your own goal and make sure you post and keep us up to date on how things are going for you>

tigger75: Glad you are here with us, maybe you can share about about the difficulties your program presents with the holidays?

gingerG: I am sure you can get over the hump and start lowering the numbers again. We will all help get you there!

LovesBassets: What a nice holiday you have planned, I am sure you will have success with all of us here to cheer you on. I have found in the past that I can lose a pound extra here and there if I cut out the bread for 3 or more days, maybe that will work for you?

Grraccoon: Happy to have you with us Gina, 7 pounds is a nice healthy number to work toward. We are going to do so well working together.

clk48817: Lucky Girl, I live in the gold snowy north in Alberta, Canada I would love to join you on your warm holiday. College must make it tough to eat right with all the activities and studying you have to do. I bet we can come up with some quick and healthy meal ideas for you.

Spears-Of-Joy: You are so lucky to have someone that motivates you so well. It sure help to have that support. I need to get some fish into my diet maybe you can share a recipe you really enjoy to get me going on that. 15 pounds in 3 weeks is awesome, I am going to be looking to you for some inspiration for sure! Keep it going.

Bubblegum: You are doing great! I havenít started working out yet, I am hoping to add a little bit at a time until I have more stamina. I am with you on the only eating when you are hungry. Have you learned about how your body releases a big deep sigh when you have had enough to eat? My leader told me about it and it is really true, if we listen to our bodies it will tell us what it needs.

andreaphilip3: You bet I am a WW member and I am sure a few more of us are, glad to have you here.

Last edited by Sheri~C; 10-26-2005 at 11:20 AM.
Old 10-26-2005, 12:09 PM   #17

Hello everyone....I wish everyone the very best luck on meeting your goals. I know WE can do this!!! My New Years resolution this year was to get healthy which definately included losing weight, quit smoking and quit biting my fingernails which I've done ever since I was able to. Well, I started out the year good losing weight, then lost track, gained some back then got serious again. Well here I am at 164--been here a few weeks now!! ...I quit biting my nails 9 days ago and don't have the want to do it anymore ...but quitting smoking hasn't gone so well, I've cut back but not completely quit. I know I could exercise more and maybe even run if I give them up, but I'm still optimistic that 2006 will be my healthiest year ever. No more smoking and I WILL have this weight OFF!!! I have 14 pounds to go to reach my goal and I'm hoping I can do it by Christmas. It's great having a place to share my experience, my trials and triumphs. Again, I wish all of you the greatest success. We all deserve to be healthy and happy. LET'S DO THIS!!!!
Big Goal: 150 for the New Year, tone up
Old 10-26-2005, 01:31 PM   #18
GypsyKitten

Hey Sheri and the rest of the group!
I am a fulltime mom (boys-7&5; girl-4), part time Janitor, part time playschool teacher, and part time Dayhome Provider. I scrapbook, sew and obvioulsy love the net. I need to loose 20lbs to be able to keep up with all I've signed up for. I'd love to be able to tell the kids, "Yeah lets go to the park, lets go for a bike ride!" Instead of saying"Ask Daddy". I want to feel sexy, and actually believe my husband when gives me a compliment. 20 lbs by Christmas would be amazing! I am starting from scratch. I Haven't been eating properly, hardly any water, no exercise, and I love my dbl dbl coffee. I NEED help! Motivation is non existent for me. I feel very lazy. I need some sort of kick start, even it it has to be a kick in the pants kind.
Old 10-26-2005, 04:45 PM   #19

Smile

Hey Everybody! I am in too! Let's go! 20 lbs by Christmas. If you guys are anything like me, we'll need to support each other in about a month (Thanksgiving). I am new to the website. So far I love it! There are some great recipes on the low fat recipe site. I also have some good WW cookbooks if anybody is looking for something new and tasty to make. I am looking for a group to also help motivate me to get up and move. I walk 2 miles 5 days a week but it does not seem to be helping. I think that I need to include some weightlifting. Any ideas?

Best of luck to us all to reach our goals.
Old 10-26-2005, 04:55 PM   #20
Losing for Life!

Welcome Shydoll,

I am going to suggest that you not quit smoking entirely while you are trying to lose the weight. Both smoking and weight loss are very difficult to attempt alone never mind both at once, it may put too much pressure and stress on you right now.

Certainly you should quit smoking I have been smoke free for 20 years now and I know how hard it is to quit. And I have been overweight for 36 years and know how easy it can be to let other stresses complicate the weight loss.

We are happy to cheer you on, and support and encourage you, 14 pounds should melt off you with all the love around here!

And way to go with the nail biting, what a big accomplishment that is, congrats!

Old 10-26-2005, 05:07 PM   #21
Losing for Life!

Welcome Willyburger

I am so glad that my Thanksgiving is over and I don't have that ahead as well as Christmas. I do have an amazing sugar free almost no fat recipe for crustless pumpkin pie if anyone wants it I can post it again. I fed it to all the relatives and no one would believe me that there was no sugar in it and almost no fat (just the fat from the 2 egg yolks) you get 1/6 of a nine inch pie for 4 points.

Let us know what recipes you have tried and loved from your books, it is always good to get first hand info!

I know from other attempts at weight loss and my time at Spa Lady that weight training is an important part of your program. And if your walking is not having an effect right now maybe you just need to shake things up with a little change, maybe do some arobic tapes? I love Richard Simmons tapes, no really they are great no matter your level of fitness and anyone can follow them.

I am sure others will have more ideas for you and maybe even a buddy for the exercise.

Old 10-26-2005, 05:10 PM   #22
Losing for Life!

Default Inspirational Quote of the day

Here it is, I love looking for these, can't help myself!

"Set your goals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you."Anonymous

I think this is a good one as sometimes we reach a little too high, it doesn't hurt to take small steps as long as you don't stop walking.

Old 10-26-2005, 05:12 PM   #23

Can I join too! I want to loose 10-15 by Christmas and keep it off!!!!!!!!
Old 10-26-2005, 06:51 PM   #24
ButDoesntWannaLookLikeOne

S/C/G: 230/218/170

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheri~C
I have found in the past that I can lose a pound extra here and there if I cut out the bread for 3 or more days, maybe that will work for you?
Hi Sheri and everyone else, too!

Thanks for the suggestion! And one (or both) of us must be psychic because my new thing this week is to eat my tuna sandwiches without the bread... LOL.

I went through a strange period late August to late September when the weight was FLYING off! LOL, which for me means at a rate of 1 lb a week or slightly more. I hadn't changed a single thing, but as my trainer always says "your body will let go of the fat when it's ready." So hopefully my body will cooperate and I'll be able to get to goal by Christmas.

Cuz the next step is quitting smoking -- my New Year's resolution for 2006. And I agree with the idea that quitting smoking and losing weight at the same time is not a good idea -- even my trainer told me this, and she REALLY wants me to quit smoking...but doing both things at once may be setting yourself up for disaster.

First Goal: 200 lbs by Namibia trip (May 26, 2013).

Last edited by LovesBassets; 10-26-2005 at 06:54 PM.
Old 10-26-2005, 07:49 PM   #25

Yes yes yes! I would love to join up.
20lbs by christmas sounds perfect, I think it's around 19lbs in all i need to lose now. I'm just being sensible about what i eat, trying not to stress out too much, and trying to eat less/no candy/cakes/danishes. I'm also trying to run more.

I have a habit of joining in on these things and then stopping. Not this time.

Good luck all. I hope we have a great christmas, and a great run up to christmas.

Love vanishing xx
Old 10-26-2005, 08:01 PM   #26
Cynical RedHead

Hi everyone! One thing I am trying to do to help loose the weight is to cut alcohol out of my diet. I usually come home and have a glass (or two ) of wine to unwind. I have also started weight lifting 2x/weekly in addition to my cardio. I started that at the beginning of October, and dont' think I have seen any results yet, but hopefully soon!

Old 10-26-2005, 10:00 PM   #27
Losing for Life!

Vanishing: your enthusiasm is going to be a great addition to the thread, you certainly have the right attitude to get the job done!

Old 10-26-2005, 10:02 PM   #28
Losing for Life!

Well done FishWoman,that can be difficult when you change a routine like that but it can also produce great results and along with your exercise regimen I am sure you will see a difference soon.

Old 10-27-2005, 11:57 AM   #29
frankiesgirl

Default xmas challenge!

well that was a bit of luck! just set myself a xmas challenge, and have just started to use the forums for extra support and motivation!! Ok, best introduce myself, as i have been journaling on this site for a while, but only just started to use the forums. Im 22, 5 ft 5 currently 251 lbs, and looking to lose 14 lbs by xmas, if i can surpass this, then great!!
Looking forward to this, and getting to know the rest of you better and sharing our ups and downs!!!

XX

Old 10-27-2005, 01:20 PM   #30
Losing for Life!

Great to have you join us,frankiesgirl. I look forward to hearing more about you.

Closed Thread