Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2005, 10:05 PM   #1  
Karen

Default New member looking for diet buddy

Hi I am a new member, I just joined tonight. I am 33 years old and I need to lose at least 75 lbs (100 would be nice) I have two kids a 4 1/2 year old son and a 16 month old daughter. Before I got pregnant with my daughter I was doing awesome on weight watchers. I had lost about 4o lbs and was feeling great.
I am currently doing the points program myself but I am having so much trouble getting started and staying on it. I would love to join weight watchers again but right now money and time (I work full time) are not allowing me to. I walk everyday at lunch but finding time to work out at home is difficult.

I need a buddy to help me stay on track. I do better when I feel accountable to someone. if anyone is interested in being my buddy that would be great.
Old 10-21-2005, 10:24 PM   #2  
KAG

Hi Karen...

Trying to find out just how small this world is. Do you or have you ever worked in the office for a visiting nurse service?
Old 10-21-2005, 10:53 PM   #3  
Karen

No, sorry.
Old 10-21-2005, 10:56 PM   #4  
KAG

Oh. I saw the KarenP and thought you were someone I worked in the office with for a Visiting Nurse Service. Your ages would have been pretty close too. Well, anyway, if you need anything, feel free to contact me. I'm trying to get down to 150#. Right now am at 204#.
Old 10-21-2005, 11:00 PM   #5  
Karen

I am now 249 and having so much trouble getting started. I was 207 when I got pregnant for my daughter, so close to being under 200. now I am starting over.
Old 10-21-2005, 11:10 PM   #6  
KAG

I've started just counting my calories and exercising everyday for 30 minutes. Just started Wednesday and have lost 2 pounds so far. I'm sure that will drop off and am probably just losing water weight right now. But, watching my calories makes me realize just how much I WAS eating. I can say I'm hungry all the time but I guess that's better for me than never feeling hungry as I was eating even when I wasn't hungry before. Let me know if you want to keep in contact and I'll pm you my email addy.
Old 10-21-2005, 11:17 PM   #7  
Karen

me and my 2 friends (who are both skinny) walk every day at lunch I was going to curves for almost a year but I stopped about 1 month ago. I loved going but I don't have a baby sitter for the kids for that time after work. I am trying to do the w/w points. I do really good at work but when I get home I pick too much. I have been losing a pound gaining a pound for weeks now. I have to get serious but don't know how to just do it.
counting calories is good. I try different things but I did so good when I went to w/w that I figured I would try it again but on my own. do you have a calorie counter book? they have EVERYTHING in them. very helpful
I would like to keep in contact. I need a buddy to keep me on the right track.
Old 10-21-2005, 11:22 PM   #8  
KAG

I found a website through here called www.fitday.com. There you can log your intake and it keeps track of your calories etc. There is also a place to log your exercise. I have found it to be quite helpful. Also, have a weekly weigh-in on a MB I frequent and sure does stink when you're the one who gained that week. Watch your PMs up top. I'll send you my email.
Old 10-21-2005, 11:46 PM   #9  
Karen

I replied to your message and sent you my email address. hope you got it ok. I bought the fit day disk. right after I had my daughter. I haven't even used it. maybe it is time to start.......
my little guy just woke up, have to go get him back to sleep.
talk to you soon......
Closed Thread