Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2005, 11:03 AM   #1  
Want the old me back

S/C/G: 190/182/160

Height: 5 7"

Talking SAHM NEW MOM WITH PREGNANCY WEIGHT TO LOSE. I really need some buddies

Hello Everybody, I should introduce myself. I am a new mom to a 7 month old and have been through this all before. My daughter is 9 years old. When I had her it took a long time to shed all the weight and get down to what I refer to as "bikini mode". I was on bedrest for the majority of this pregancy and gained a bunch of weight; thank goodness I have been successful shedding some of it, I still have about 40lbs to go; and I'm getting restless

I NEED A BUDDY to keep my eye on the prize....that being my bikini

A group of girl that can check up on one another, share advice/weight loss tips and do our weekly weigh in with would be AWESOME!!!!!

With support and encouragement we will be skinny minnies in no time
Old 10-19-2005, 04:25 PM   #2  

Hi~

I have a 4 month old. and trying my best to get my butt into shape.. I still have weight to lose that isnt even baby weight..

I nurse also..

do you
Old 10-20-2005, 08:59 AM   #3  
NavyWifeMomOf4

Location: Home is Gulfport Mississippi but staying in West Virginia for now.

Hi Ladies. I am a 26 yr old Navy wife and a SAHM to 4 children...Dakota 7, Savanna 4, Ryley 2 1/2 and Abigail 2 months. I am not "over weight" but I am looking to lose 10-15 lbs and to shape-up after having the baby. I am exercise 2 times a day, The Firm and 8 min Abs and Buns. I am TRYING to limit my calorie intake but I am nursing and I stay hungry. I am going to be weighing in on fridays only. I am looking for women who have comon goals. If your intrested in commiting to a routine and encouraging each other just drop me a line.

Motivation Husband returning home from Japan in December

Last edited by NavyWifeMomOf4; 10-20-2005 at 09:03 AM.
Old 10-20-2005, 02:27 PM   #4  

hello ladies dont no what happen i posted but it didnt make well anyways im 23 i have 3 kids and i had them all very fast and then got the depo and boy i blow up so now im trying to lose the weight and would love to in with all of u good luck exercise and even better eating
Old 10-20-2005, 02:56 PM   #5  
Want the old me back

I am so happy to see that you guys are on board. It's nice to see that others are ready to make the same commitment I am. Mondays have been the day that I have decided to weigh in, and I understand that may not been a good day for others which is just fine. As long as we are weighing in regularly and sticking to it then that's what counts. On Monday when I weighed in I was 196lbs. A loss of 1-2lbs a week would be great!!! There is no reason I should not be able to lose 15-20lbs by Christmas. Who is ready to take on that challenge?

I am trying to workout everyday if only just a little. My problem are is my mid section. I had a c-section this time and it looks like it has created a new roll that I not a fan of Who am I kidding, my hips and thighs are not doing me any justice at the moment either.

Is anybody following a specific weight loss program?
Old 10-20-2005, 05:13 PM   #6  

Default Pregnancy weight to lose and then some!!!!

Hi Everyone, I am a new mom of a year my daughter will be 1 on Wednesday. It is time I lose the weight. So Iam on board I am currently doing WEight Watchers and weigh in on Mondays but I wont be at a computer till Tuesday to share the success or dispare. Maybe we can get a personal email group going!!! I want to lose 70lbs. 20lbs of that is baby weight. I hope to hear from someone soon!!
Old 10-21-2005, 01:58 AM   #7  
here we go again!

S/C/G: 230/225/155

Height: 5'8"

Hi! I'm 25 and just had my first baby. She will be 3 months old this Sunday. I have been overweight for a long time. I gained an extra 58 lbs during my pregnancy, and have lost 55 of it. (Most of it was fluid from my swollen legs and feet!) I started Weight Watchers 11 weeks ago and have lost 21 lbs. so far. I love the plan and the meetings. I also breastfeed my daughter, so that helps. She is still so needy though that I have a hard time getting much exercise in. But I'm losing 2 lbs a week and dont want to risk losing my milk, so too much exercise would be bad for me right now. My husband comes home from Iraq in 6 weeks!!! I really want to shock him when he sees me. I really look forward to getting to know each of you! Have a great weekend!
Old 10-21-2005, 02:00 AM   #8  
here we go again!

What is SAHM???
Old 10-21-2005, 04:30 AM   #9  

hi all and welcome im with the challenge i would like to weighs on thursdays those are the days of my ww meeting so i would love to be apart of this and ogether we can all get where we want to be if anyone wants to pm me im up for i love to help and motivate people and from them to help and motivate me a SAHM is a STAY AT HOME MOM
Old 10-21-2005, 07:32 AM   #10  
NavyWifeMomOf4

Congrats Amanda on your husband returning home soon. I know how big of a motivator this can be, so use it to your advantage. I am staying committed for two reasons....first because I am tired of seeing the flab hangin over my jeans and from around my bra...two because I want my husband to think wow there's my wife again. Our youngest is 2 months old and when he came home in August for her birth I felt so fat. Everyone tells me "you just had a baby, it'll come off" or "you havent kept that much weight" but to me I see it and I dont like it. I am like you about nursing, I dont want to lose my milk supply so I am trying not to cut down on what I eat as much as I am exercising. Right now I'm working out in the mornings to the firm and then focus on abs and buns in the afternoon. I have stuck with it all week this week!!!! YEAH!!! But the weekends are my "days off" because my MIL and SIL are home....me and my children are staying with them because of Katrina until my husband returns home. So its hard to workout with extra eyes..lol. So what kind of exercise do you ladies do? Maybe we can kinda set up an excerise routine, that way we would encourge and motivate each other.

45 Days and counting till Hubby's home!!!!
Old 10-21-2005, 08:10 AM   #11  
Want the old me back

I just sent you all a PM. It was my first time sending one so hopefully it works.

In terms of excercise I need to get my butt in gear. I do make sure I take the baby for a long walk everyday, but that seems to be it. Yesterday I tried working on my mid section, but since the c-section I have no muscle tone left. Before I love my tummy it was flat and musclar, now it just feels like a deflated balloon I have a goal in terms on numbers, but I will start to feel normal again when all my "back fat" is gone. I hate that stuff it drive me crazy!!!!! I don't recall ever having that before. Pregnancy did a number on my body; I was on bedrest for 20 weeks. Prior to that I was working out and only gained 3 lbs in my first trimester; but now I am 196lbs and honestly lost track of the weight I put on during the whole pregnancy. I think I was too depressed to even fully understand how big I was getting. I am in 2 wedding parties next year and we are being measured for our dresses in early February. By the time April comes I want them to have to take in my dress because it will be too big
Old 10-21-2005, 09:13 PM   #12  
Want the old me back

Have a great weekend ladies.....
Old 10-22-2005, 04:19 AM   #13  
here we go again!

Hello, and happy Friday! I weigh in on Thursdays at 5:30pm, so I may not get to post it until Friday, but we'll see. Navy, I know how you feel about living with/exercising in front of family. I moved back in with my parents while my husband has been gone this past year. Luckily they have an elliptical machine in the guest bedroom, so I use that when Eden (my daughter) naps. I will admit, I've been lazy about it lately though. And I know what you mean about wanting to lose weight before your husband comes home. I'll NEVER forget what happened to me at a doctor's appointment when I was a week overdue with Eden. My husband had come home for R&R and was in there with me. I had pre-eclampsia and had severe swelling in my legs and feet. Anyway, the nurse did all my vitals and put us in an exam room. The doctor came in, looked at my chart, and said, "278 pounds? Is that right???" right in front of my husband. I could have died or cried, but my jaw just dropped. My poor husband never blinked, but I know inside he was like, WHAT! And you have to know that my husband is physically perfect, which makes it that much worse. Thankfully he is in love with me and stuck with me, LOL! Anyway, since he knows what I weighed at my heaviest, I HAVE to get it off now! If that makes any sense at all. I was 244.6 when I started WW on Aug. 11 and now I'm at 223.6. I was hoping to be under 200 when my hubby sees me next, but he is coming home earlier than expected and I'm SO excited and happy, but there is no way I can lose 25 lbs in 6 weeks the healthy way. He won't care though. He is the greatest guy, he has never ever mentioned my being over weight, even though I b*tched about it non stop! Andrea, good luck with the dress fittings! My best friend got married in February of this year and I had been losing weight for that, then I found out I was pregnant and had to stop! If anyone is interested, there is a cool site www.presidentschallenge.com that really motivates you to exercise. I found out about it through the group on here that does it all together. You can read about it on that thread if you are interested, since I've already written a novel here, I won't explain it all out! One last thing I wanted to tell you all about. My WW leader got us started doing this. She brings a box of colored paper clips to each meeting and puts them on the table at the front of the room. After you weigh in, you go by the table on your way to your seat and get one paperclip for each pound you lost. You make a circle out of all of them, and put it wherever you need to see it. Like I put mine around my rearview mirror so that when I'm tempted to go through the drive-thru, I see it and know how hard I have worked, and what I am working toward. It is so awesome to watch that chain grow longer and longer. I get so pumped adding those paperclips to my chain each week, I can't even tell you! If snacking is your problem, you could put the ring on your fridge door, or pantry door, etc. If anyone else has ideas, please share! Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 10-22-2005, 12:23 PM   #14  
NavyWifeMomOf4

Way to go Amanda on your weight lose so far, I'm sure if you stick with WW and us you'll lose even more before your hubby see's you. I like the paper clip idea, i may have to try it. I am having a hard time with limiting my eating, exercising is going good though. I am not sure if I eat because I am hungry, bored, stressed or if its out of habit but somethings got to give. i have never had a problem losing the weight I gained while being pregnat. This time has been differnet, I also got the depo shot and I think that could be one of the factors. I am laughing reading the post on "back fat" because I have it to and no I dont remember having it before either. It really is nasty and I think looking at that and the flab that is hugging to my waist is what makes me feel fat. I am not as worried about what number I weigh but how I look at that weight. Does that make sense? Anyway good luck this weekend ladies hopefully we all have control and success this weekend so that when we weigh in this week we'll have smiles on our faces.
Old 10-22-2005, 09:28 PM   #15  
Want the old me back

I am going to try that website Amanda, anything at this point to help me exercise I will try. I have been working on my midsection for the last few days and my stomach muscles are killing me. Before the c-section I had a great stomach, but now it looks like a deflated ball and has no muscle tone at all. It's hard to believe how few crunches I can do now without having to stop because it hurts so much. I guess this is what they mean by "no pain no gain".....well IT SUCKS!!!!!

Oh, I cannot believe what that doctor did in his office. I would have been horrified if anybody said my weight infront of my husband I lie to him now, he thinks I am about 10lbs lower than I really am....what he does not know wont hurt him.

Btw, I LOVE the paperclip idea; I'm all over that. My mother is having a hard time with her weight right now as well this that would be a great suggestion for her. She is on the board of her TOPS group and that might be something they can use as well. It is so simple, but could really help to motivate somebody. The idea of putting it around your mirror is perfect; because let's be honest...everybody has a weakness for the drive-thru.

The idea of being below 200lbs for your husband is very realistic. Going to WW is going to get you there for sure. Just stick to it and I have no doubt you will meet your first goal. I like the idea of having a mini ticker that makes note of my short term goal of getting under 190lbs. Instead of my larger goal of 155lbs I can see this ticker reaching the end where as the other one tends to stick near the front until I start making real progress towards my goal

NavyWife, what you said makes a lot of sense. If I looked great and felt comfortable in my own skin then I would not care what the scale said; but I feel like s**t and hate to see myself in the mirror. That need to change....I don't even like my husband seeing me anymore because this is not what he married.

Today has been a long day so I am going to take advantage of my quiet time. The baby is sleeping and my husband and daughter are watching a movie...maybe I will take a hot bath. I can barely fit in the bathtub comfortably anymore, but I want to relax

I feel really good about our first week...we have a good team
Closed Thread