Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2005, 07:46 PM   #1  

Default 47yo single mom needs serious support buddies!

Ok...so this last year has been certifiably horrible. My husband of over 20 years had an affair, got arrested for a felony and generally went crazy. (yes I left him and we are divorced )
Unfortunately, I am a stress eater and a binge eater as well. I have gone WAY up and down the scales. At a small boned 5 foot 2, I have weighed between 97 and 187lbs. Crazy huh? Right now I am wearing about a 12-14 and looking very fluffy to say the least. I carry most of my weight in my butt and hips and lower belly and it is NOT attractive!! I find myself dressing for camoflage rather then in clothes I like. I need to do something VERY different and I need help. This stuffing my face to drown my emotions is not working .

Anyone out there ??????
Old 10-16-2005, 08:14 PM   #2  

Hi Katmaii,

I am so sorry for your pain this past year! Sounds intense what you and your family have gone through!! How old are your children?

I am 40, well 41 in Nov. have 2 kids and would be happy to give you any encouragement I can! I am determined to reach my goal. Not a huge amounts, 15 pounds...but it is a struggle for me just the same!!

Also, it's nice chatting with women around my age!

Shanarain
Old 10-16-2005, 08:22 PM   #3  

Hi Shanarain...thanks for answering! My kids are 22,20,18 and 12. The oldest three are in college and away from the craziness...but my poor 12 yo is right in the thick of it. She has weight problems too...learned from her mama I guess.
Looking forward to getting to know you better!
Old 10-16-2005, 09:01 PM   #4  

Katmaii,

I had children later, so mine are young, 4 & 5. Not sure if they are keeping me young or wiping me out!

I'm into eating organic, and trying to do WW at home. I've done it before successfully, also trying to be consistant with working out but often I either don't plan well, or am too lazy...it helps talking with others! Are you on an eating or exercise plan?

Shanarain
Old 10-16-2005, 10:05 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 191/175/130

Height: 5'2

Talking I'm here for you!

I also am trying to get this extra weight off.I am 5'2 and since April of this year I have lost 26 lbs.Now my weight loss has stalled and it is driving me crazy!

I can get into a size 12 now and need to lose about 15 more lbs.

I really like this buddy idea!

Rhonda
Old 10-16-2005, 10:22 PM   #6  

Hi Katmaii,
I am on Weight Watchers, 49, live in Oklahoma, married, never had children, my highest weight was 298, lost quite a bit on Pondimin and then regained most of it when it was taken off the market. Joined weight watchers for the third time at 283 pounds, finally yesterday they told me at class that I am a Lifetime member now!! Since I have been there, I have lost a total of 130 pounds. If you have Yahoo Messenger and would like to add me, my signature name is cowgirl73160, I would love to be buddies with anyone that reads this.

Thanks for your time,
Lisa
Closed Thread