Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2005, 11:28 PM   #1  

Default New and Nervous

Hi all

I'm new here but like everyone keen to get rid of a lot of excess weight. I quit smoking just over 2 months ago and I think the single biggest factor in my success was in having an online forum where I could go and rant or get support or whatever I needed. So I figured now that I'm on step two of my "get my **** together in 2005 plan" I'd do the same thing - get some support.

I'm looking for some buddies. I'm Aussie (so I'm out of synch time-zone wise with most of you). I'm 37. I love to travel, read, listen to music, argue about politics, walk (I just have to do more) and rarely see the serious side of anything for too long.

I'm not going on any plan or diet...basically am aiming to eat healthy (around 1500 calories a day, around 30g of fat a day) and do some bloody exercise. I have no intention of measuring my weight or waist every day or even every week (I have found in the past that leads to pressure which leads to failure).

Given that I was a spectacular success in quitting smoking I am confident that I will be successful at this too...especially if I have some friends who share the journey with a laugh or two along the way.

Can't wait to chat with you all.

Cheers, BSquared
Old 10-08-2005, 04:55 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/167/135

Height: 5'1

Default Hi there!

Congrats, first off on quitting smoking! You can do anything now! I am so happy for you! I am around if you want to rant, chat or just have a good laugh! I am not on any diet - just eating healthy and exercising like a maniac. I am literally walking my bottom off!

I wish you the absolute best - good for you! You sound like you have already made the best start possible for 2005! Keep to it!

take care
carafre
Old 10-08-2005, 07:19 PM   #3  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

You've got the right attitude - you'll do just fine! Making exercise a habit will help a lot. Measurements are just numbers - they can be a big boost or a disapointment. You'll end up seeing results in how clothes fit! We are here if you need to vent...a bunch of us are former smokers as well. We should prolly start a "formerly nicotene stained fingers" thread...
Old 10-08-2005, 07:39 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 328/?/140

Height: 5'3"

Thumbs up

here is a big welcome to the forum and on stop smoking that is great...... You sound like you know what you are doing so keep up the great work you are doing....
Closed Thread