Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-04-2005, 04:45 PM   #1  

Default Anyone else wanna be skinny in STL?

Hi all wanted to introduce myself. Am CJ from Saint Louis (St. Charles actually for anyone from around here). Looking for some friends to share in this journey. Goal is to lose...well...a lot ...I am finally ready to lose for no one but myself! Who is with me??
crazynstl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 07:02 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 322/255/175

Height: 5'6"

Hi CJ!

I live right over the JB bridge in Illinois - probably about a half hour from you -

I have LOTS to lose - like over 100 pounds!!

Just joined LA Weight Loss and have lost 6 1/2 pounds already! It will take some time, but I'm moving in the right direction!

mom2fivesweeties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 09:38 PM   #3  

Nice meeting you Lori...90 lbs is my minimum...if I go for ideal weight it would be 100+ pound loss. Let me know how it is going at LAWL...I have been a WW member previously but am trying to decide what to do now...considering joining a gym also but not sure I am ready for spandex (not sure the other gym patrons are ready for that either! LOL)
Old 10-05-2005, 11:04 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 322/255/175

Height: 5'6"

Hi CJ,

LAWL is going really good. I am 50 years old and have a knee injury and I'm still losing. It has been so hard for me to lose even an ounce since I turned 40 - just gained over the past 10 years or so. I am not exercising at all and have lost around 8 pounds in 2 weeks. I'm really happy with that.

WW is a great program, there's no doubt about that. But.......for me, there are too many choices. Also, they wanted $12.00 a week - with 5 kids I just can't do that. LAWL was only $5.00 a week - you have to pay up front, but that was a plus for me as it will keep me going. Actually, my mom and dad paid for the program for me - they were afraid I'd keel over dead one day -

If you decide you want to give it a try, let me know - they are having an open house at our center and if you join during that time, the program is HALF off!
mom2fivesweeties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 09:08 PM   #5  

hey cj! I'm not from STL but I have TONS of family there, and go to the area a coupel times a year.....if you wanna buddy up let me know!

just write back and tlel me a little bit about yourself
BethMichelle1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 02:00 AM   #6  

Hey Beth thanks for post! Quick bio: I am 32 (soon to be 33) and work as an operations manager for a retailer here. Am attached to a great guy but not married although I have my fingers crossed that will happen someday. But for now its me and the cat! I was born here in stl and moved back a couple years ago and have family here as well...is nice to be near them.

Lori you are right about the $$ for WW...is part of the reason I am not there anymore...can really dig in a girls pocket!! Keep me updated on your progress...you have an awesome start!
Old 01-06-2006, 06:41 PM   #7  

Hi, new here. I'm from Belleville and have 71lbs to lose to get my BMI to a healthy range. I'm a SAHM of 2 and have been married for 7 years.
Mandy75 is offline   Reply With Quote