Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2005, 07:19 PM   #1  
Kever

Question Any Support Will Help

Hello, I need any support at all a good friend to help me through these times. I go to work and my co-workers always say they need to lose weight. Well at lunch they get McDonalds and pizza and so on. I do have one friend who is on nutra system and we try to help each other, but everyone else is a joke. It's like they aren't out to help you they are out to hurt you!
Old 09-25-2005, 09:05 PM   #2  
Rose1040

Hi Kever
I know what you mean about not getting the suport my friends are the same way. I can't even depend on them for help they dont believe in walking or watching their diet so I am too alone in my journey. I was with WW but quit because with 3 college educations it was a bit to much having to pay $11.00 a week so I pulled out all my info and doing the flex plan at home myself. This week alone I lost 3.5 lbs. Do you work out or walk? I try to walk 10,000 steps but will start to use weights this week
Don't give up and dont let your friends discourage you with your diet plan
Rose
Old 09-26-2005, 01:42 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 236/221/136

Height: 5'7

Kever I'd be happy to offer any support I can! PM if you want to be buddies! How much are you trying to lose? I think you should ignore the other ppl at work. Bring your lunch and read fitness magazines. You have to stay focused on your goal! Don't let them get you down! Maybe once a week you could go with them to McDonalds and have a salad. Also I personally find it is better not to tell people you are dieting. What I did for the first month was I told people I was on this medication which was adversely reacting with me so I couldn't eat certain foods blah blah blah! They all bought it and no ne bothered me. Now 5 weeks later I have lost 21 lbs and I am committed to my diet so I am not afraid to tell ppl.
Old 09-26-2005, 02:59 PM   #4  
Crazy Old Crone

Kever, I will gladly be a buddy and help you in your journey! I understand the lack of support, especially around work. Thankfully, I have had support at my new job, unlike my last one, where we ate in a cafeteria and the food was way to fattening and rich.
Closed Thread