Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2005, 01:43 PM   #1  
Proud Navy Wife

Default Military Wives Losing It Together

I have been noticing a lot of military wives on these boards and thought it would be neat to start a thread for all of us. Being a military wife can sometimes have some added on challenges. In a lot of cases we're away from our family and friends and sometimes don't know where to turn to for support. A lot of our husbands are gone at times and we are left alone to hold down the homefront and that makes it a lot harder to take care of ourselves. I hope others can find the support they need here.

I guess I should introduce myself. My name is Tricia I am a Proud Navy Wife and have been for almost 5 years. My husband got back from deployment in June and is now gone again helping the victims of Katrina. We have 4 beautiful kids and are currently living in San Diego. I am WAHM (Avon Rep, if anyone's interested ) and I homeschool my 2 oldest kids. Well I guess that's about it.

Last edited by lovingmysailor; 09-13-2005 at 01:56 PM.
Old 09-13-2005, 01:48 PM   #2  
No More Excuses!

S/C/G: 240/225/165

Height: 5'6"

Hi! Im a marine wife. Currently stationed in LOVELY 29 Palms California (kidding kidding hehe)Currently trying to get down to 165 and weigh 203 right now. My husband got back from Iraq in April, safe and sound thank god! but unfortunatly he missed the birth of out son, who was 5 months old when he met him. Now my son is 10 months old. Umm thats really it. Been a marine wife for about 3 years now!
Old 09-13-2005, 02:56 PM   #3  

Jenny here, wifey to Joe my Airman! He hits his 1 year mark in Oct. We are currently doing the training thing. It stinks but after its all done we get to go to Misawa AB in Japan. I am so excited and wanna go now. I wanna losr about 65 pounds all together but am setting a goal of 25 before christmas. I have two amazing daughters and they are my world. I am a SAHM by day and a pizza delivery B***H by night. Working in a pizza place is like dancing with the devil, but lately I have been able to practice lots of self control!!

So ladies!! We can do it.

Oh and we are stationed in Ft. Huachuca AZ.
Old 09-13-2005, 03:01 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 184/175/135

Height: 5'2"

I'm a military wife too! My airman husband and I are at Offutt AFB in Omaha Nebraska! I have a 2 month old daughter named Clover. I work part time at GAP/BABY GAP and in November I am going back to school al day long on Tuesdays and Thursdays so eventually I can become a theatre teacher!

Angela
Old 09-13-2005, 03:04 PM   #5  

Offut? Is your hubbs airborne? Mine was until he got reclassed out of Linguist school. I cant wait to get to know you. Feel free to hit me up on YIM or AIM they are both in profile!!
Old 09-13-2005, 03:23 PM   #6  

Nope my dh has a very boring non dangerous desk job and I love it he works 730am-430pm Monday through Friday. He's a computer programmer for the AF Weather Agency.
Old 09-13-2005, 03:26 PM   #7  
Proud Navy Wife

I'm glad to see people posting. I hope more decide to join us. Are there any other Navy wifes out there? Gotta go the little ones are raiding the fridge.
Old 09-14-2005, 10:30 AM   #8  

How are we doing today ladies? I am very tired and NEED some motivation!! Part of this will come from the lack of food in the house, the food court is 1.5 miles away!! So I will be walking a pushing 50 pounds worth of kids in a 20 pound stroller!!! Wish me luck!! I hope everyone has a good day!!
Old 09-14-2005, 10:51 AM   #9  

Unhappy

I am FrEaKiNg! Today is my first day back at work- I have to leave when my husband gets home from work. I have never left my baby for this long, even with her daddy! Plus I am nervous about going back every thing changes in that store so fast.

Plus yesterday I completly fell off my diet- I had people over who I was cooking for and then when I was done I realized how much stuff had gone in my mouth while I was cooking because I was tasting everything. Even though what we had wasn't that bad for us I still ate more than I should and to top it all off I made chocolate banana; banana bread thinking they would eat it and if there was any left I would either send it home with them or chunk it well our friends kids starting acting up so they had to leave before it was done and then our other friends had to leave to go drop off their new car that had been making a weird noise since they got it.

Angela
Old 09-15-2005, 11:04 AM   #10  

How are we doing today ladies? I am ok, just a little tired. I have to work tonight so hopefully some force can keep me from gobbling lots of pizza!!
Old 09-15-2005, 11:56 AM   #11  

Hi Everyone,

I am new to the forums but I feel like family already.. ) I am also a military wife, My husband retired from the Army after 20 years, 3 years ago.. I was also in for a brief time and LOVED it! We live in Dallas and have two girls, Katelynn Nicole 6, Katherine Brianna 4. I have been battling my weight ever since the girls were born and have finally had enough.. I am 26 years old, Software Trainer, 5'7", approx. 215 lbs. and would LOVE to get down to 145-150 (pre kids weight).. i would love to go back into the military, but my husband is SOOO against it.. (understandable, I guess..)

I started a water, light fruit fast on Tuesday and I am averaging about 200 oz. of water a day.. We will see what happens So for the long post, but I am glad that I am here!

Good Luck Everyone!!
Old 09-16-2005, 05:47 PM   #12  

Hey ladies just trying to stay accountable!! I have been pretty good about eating today, but work again tonight so you never know!!!!
Old 09-17-2005, 11:12 AM   #13  

Default urgh lol

You know I should really get downstairs and eat breakfast BUT I am not hungry and I am busy cleaning.... Ill try not to pig out too bad at lunch. Maybe I will go grab some fruit before then so I am not starving.

I wanted to go to the gym today but I don't think it's going to happen. Way tp much to clean- like the whole upstairs ( I did the downstairs a couple of days ago) Oh well like I have said before you burn calories mopping floors and scrubbing base boards too.

Angela
Old 09-19-2005, 05:26 AM   #14  

Hey ladies!! How are we doing? I had a rough day. My Gallbladder landed me in the ER the better half of the day. It was crappy. Havent eaten much. I hope I feel better tommorow!! Night!!
Old 09-19-2005, 05:43 AM   #15  

Your gallbladder? Are you ok?

Wow look it's 430 in the morning and I am awake.Why? Because my military husband got paged to come in and "get here asap to fix this broken peice of ahhh computer program!" lol and he makes so much noise when he is disoriented. And he is not even waking up the other person on his team because he knows the guy drank last night- it was that guys wife's 21st birthday and as they are 2 of our 4 best friends here we partied with them. We were of course the only one who didn't drink- way too many calories lol.

Angela
Closed Thread