Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2005, 08:41 AM   #16  
so sweet

Height: 5'4"

Smile another military wife =)

Hi everyone! How are we all doing? I'm not really that new to the boards, but this is the first thread for military wives that I've seen. I tried to connect with other wives when I first joined 3fc, but no luck. Anyway, my hubby has been in the Army about 6 and 1/2 years, I'm a stay at home mom for the moment(we have 3 children). He is currently training in New Mexico-White Sands Desert. He's due to fly out to Iraq sometime in November for approximately 14 & 1/2 months. He's already been to Afghanistan, but that was only for 4 months, so this will be his longest deployment so far. We're planning a family vacation in March with the children when he gets his 2 weeks (God willing) of r&r.

I'm very overweight (as you can tell by my tracker) and would very much love to be in better shape by March. I'm aiming to be under 200lbs before Janurary 2006, does this seem like a reasonable goal?
Anyway, I'm glad to have found you guys. =)
bejeweled*
Old 09-19-2005, 11:49 AM   #17  

Welcome Bejewled!! Sorry your DH has to go to the litterbox , I hope you will find the support you need here. I have. I just need someone to be accountable too. Someone who is expecting me to do well. I feel gross today. I am also terrified to eat, I dont want the pain from my Gallbladder to comeback. Well I need to go and corral my kiddos. Wish me luck....
Old 09-19-2005, 12:10 PM   #18  
searching 4 the real me

Hi Everyone!!! I am a Army wife. We're stationed here at Fort Lewis (Washington)
My long term goal is to get down to 130-135lbs. I am currenlty at 185lbs. I need about 50+ more to go. I know I can do it. It just will take some time and alot of determination. A little about me, I'm 33yrs old and I've been married for nearly 14yrs and we have 2 wonderful kids. A 9 year old and an 8 month old (both boys) I have been an Army wife for 10yrs and I guess you can say a Military wife for almost 14yrs. My husband was in the National Guard when I met him. That's just a little bit about myself. It's good to see several other military wives here also.
Old 09-19-2005, 08:27 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 227/210/150

Default Hi All!

Hi, I am a Coast Guard wife. We have a 1-year old son, RC. We live in New Jersey and I look forward to talking to you all more. I am trying to get pregnant again so I don't want to set my hopes too high but I want to lose 15 pounds by Christmas. Thanks for being support and good luck to you all in your weight loss goals.

Jaime
Old 09-19-2005, 08:54 PM   #20  
so sweet

Hey Jenny, thanks for the welcome! What happened with your gallbladder? Is it serious? Let me know how you are doing. =)

Hi ssgtswife and Jaime. Wow there seems to be a lot of us here. That's a very good thing. Is everyone doing okay? I've had 2 off days myself, not eating as well as I should and missed a workout, but it ain't over 'til I sing! lol

Jenny, I never heard that expression before "the litter box" lol
Old 09-20-2005, 02:06 AM   #21  

Hey Bejewled!! My gallbladder has gallstones in it, hence the pain. I have an appointment with the surgeon soon, so hopefully we can get it removed!!

Welcome RC's mommy!! Congrats on TTC #2!! We have two, its great, we want more but we have to wait until after we PCS.

Welcome Sgt's wifey!! 14 years of marriage!! Thats inspiring!! Congrats on the previous weight loss as well! We are stationed at Ft. Huachuca right now for training!!

Hope everyone had a good day!! I am seting a mini goal!! I know I can do it!! I wanna be 175 by Christmas!!! I know I can do it!! Even with holiday temptations!!
Old 09-20-2005, 09:11 AM   #22  
so sweet

Jenny- how are you feeling today? Man, gallstones =( I hope they hurry up and get them out so you can concentrate on getting into great shape! You seem very determined, I'm sure that you will succeed-You Can do this! Hey where is Ft.Huachuca? I live in Florida by the way, about 45 mins. south of Tampa right on the lovely (scary) Gulf Coast.
bejeweled*
Old 09-20-2005, 12:45 PM   #23  

Bejewled, I am from Jacksonville and miss it very much!! Ft. huachuca is in AZ about 20 miles north of the US Mexican border. I am feeling quite crappy today. I haven't eaten today but have the full gross feeling. I think its from my gallbladder. Ugg the 28 cannot get here quick enough! I hope everyone is having a better day than me. At least I have no work for two days!!
Old 09-21-2005, 09:56 PM   #24  
so sweet

Hey Jenny, hi everyone! Just wanted to see how you all are doing and report in about what's going on with me. I've fallin' off the wagon this week-since I hurt my knee(while doing a FIRM workout) I've been in a rut. The knee is feeling better for not having worked out for 3 or 4 days, but I'm feeling like it's gonna be a challenge for me to get back on track. Last week there was no change on the scale, but I lost 1 inch from my waste and 1/2 inch from my hips and each arm. I could definitely tell that I had trimmed down a little. I just don't want to gain those inches back now! Hey, would you guys happen to know of any workouts that are easier on the knees than the FIRM? Something I can do at home with videos, but no in-home walking, that bores the heck out of me. Thanks ladies. =)
bejeweled*
Old 09-22-2005, 10:41 PM   #25  
so sweet

Hello? Where is everyone?
Old 09-22-2005, 10:59 PM   #26  

I went back to the hospital on Tues. night after being bloated, in pain, and sick to my stomach for almost 24 hours. This time the ER doc treated me like a person instead of a drug seeking freak, did blood work and discovered my Gall Bladder had to come out ASAP!! So on Wed. Afternoon Major Lim took my gallbladder out and I have to sat that the pain from the surgery is worth, not ever suffering another gallbladder attack. I am resting ok, pretty sore but feeling better than I was yesterday after the surgery. Everything went fine. My Gallbladder was definantly inflamed. I don't remember anything including being rolled into the OR. The last thing I remembered was getting some medication in my IV for my nerves, the next thing I know I am waking up in my room in the MED/SUR unit. I was able to go to the bathroom and get up and move around so they took my drain out today and let me go home. I am pretty run down but will try adn check in here everyday to see how everyones doing!!
Old 09-22-2005, 11:01 PM   #27  

So I will be back on the bandwagon in a few days but I AM NOT stepping on a scale until all of this swelling goes down!!!
Old 09-23-2005, 09:08 AM   #28  
so sweet

Hey Jenny, I'm sorry to hear about all the pain you had to experience, but so glad that they finally got the surgery over with! I pray for your speedy recovery. I know you won't push yourself to do anything that you're not ready for, just take your time honey. I'll be thinking of you. =)
bejeweled*
Old 09-23-2005, 05:02 PM   #29  

I am feeling a little better today!! Still sore but getting there. About to go attempt my first shower!! Wish me luck!!!
Old 09-26-2005, 11:51 PM   #30  

Hey girls!! How are we doing this week, I am still pretty helpless when it comes to exercise, can't have any for 2 more weeks. I am still sticking to my healthy lifestyle change and "diet". Though I did reward my self with a ice cream sandwich. I am losing good, I think it's because of the feeling sick to my stomach from the surgery. I cant wait to get back to work. Soon I hope....
Closed Thread