Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2005, 10:08 PM   #16  

Quote:
Originally Posted by keleigh115
Hey there everybody! I'm new here, too. Princesspuffypants is my best friend and told me to get on over here to join the fun. SO, here I am. It's great to see all the support. Eyes on the prize ladies!!

Hello and welcome. I am sure you will enjoy it here. Everyone is alway sooo sweet and supportive. Its great!!!!!
Old 09-07-2005, 10:16 PM   #17  

May I join you wonderful upbeat positiove inspiring beautiful ladies????
I started last week and I was again over 300 pounds. After 2 weeks or there abouts I am down almost 10 pounds. I am in need of a buddy(ies) to keep me focused and you ladies sound like a fantabulous group to do just that!

My name is PJ and I live in NY. My goal for now is to lose 10 pounds a month. I am a SAHM to my 4 kiddles. I really look froward to getting to know you all. Feel free to IM me on AIM anytime. Pidge97
PJ
Old 09-08-2005, 01:55 AM   #18  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

Thumbs up

welcome! im so excited that this has grown so fast! so how was everyones day? i did really good today!

Special K bar - 2pts
Light N Fit Yogurt and 1cup all bran 5 pts
Trader joe's sushi - 14pts
Chicken Corn Chowder 1 1/2 cup (recipe on here in low fat soups) 5 pts
12 oz steamed veggies - big fat 0 pts!
iced peach white tea 1pt

anyone else care to share what they did today?

Cassie - are you online at work? i am all day, you can IM me if you are able. i only get yahoo at home tho

it seems we all have a similar weight loss goal for the month. would you guys like to do a weigh in once a week? i just weighed myself yesterday *sigh* but im flexable on the day. what do you think?

Last edited by princesspuffypants; 09-08-2005 at 03:59 AM.
Old 09-08-2005, 08:02 AM   #19  

I didn't do so well yesterday... bfast was 2 eggs scrambled (no butter/no milk) and coffee w/ 1 t. sugar and 1 T creamer
lunch was 1 salmon steak marinated in low fat Italian dressing, twice baked potato
snack was a piece of fresh homemade banana bread
dinner was ice cream... see how bad I am?! Hmph.

I did work out a lot... went for a 1.25 mile run and a 3 mile walk, so that was good!!

Today so far I had once piece of banan bread for bfast and coffee prepared the same
Old 09-08-2005, 12:43 PM   #20  
banned

Smile bad... lol

well, its all decisions... i mean, you could have chosen to have a salad and HALF the ice cream. i guess its all in how bad you want it. im not going to beat you up over having ice cream for dinner, its apparent you are doing a good job of that yourself. i will give you a *hug* and tell you that its ok. its your body. how committed to it are you?

a friend once convinced me to diet (atkins) with her, and i told her (as im eating a package of tortillas and hummus) that i would start tomorrow because, well, i was eating tortillas and hummus. she said, in all her wisdom, how about starting now. make a commitment to yourself now. the longer you wait, the harder its gonna be. the more excuses you are going to make, and eventually you are going to be 300 lbs. even tho i already was, she didnt know that, and it made sense. altho i didnt stick with atkins - i dont like that much meat - her advice has stuck with me.

so my advice to you is this, dont beat yourself up about what youve done, love yourself for what you can do, and start now
Old 09-08-2005, 07:04 PM   #21  

Puffy...
I think a weekly weigh in would be great. Doesnt really matter what day... how bout Monday?
I cant get on an instant messager at work. I work for the Child Support Enforcement Office. We're not really supposed to be on surfing the internet. They just dont know..I have to check my threads on 3FC. I didnt even get to eat my vegtable beef soup until 4:30.

Welcome PJ.... We would love to have you join in!!!
Old 09-08-2005, 08:05 PM   #22  
banned

child support enforcement.wow thats an interesting job. i bet it pulls at your heartstrings doesnt it? well make sure you stick arround! we'll miss you and come hunting for you. trust me i can find you.. hope all is well with everyone today...

for me.. i started good... kashi bar for breakfast, cucumber with garlic rice vinegar for snack... then catered lunch. damn working on production. i did MILDLY well, salad that i picked through, filet mignon, au gratin potatoes, steamed veggies, some pasta w/pesto and bread pudding with whisky sauce

wow! looks like salad and 2 hours at the gym it is for dinner tonight! thank goodness for those flex points!!
Old 09-09-2005, 01:41 PM   #23  

I'm committed. Could be mroe comitted, but I'm working on that

Yesterdays food was pretty good and todays is even better So far 2 medium eggs, scrambled (no butter/no milk) , 1 cup of coffee (decaff) w/ 1 t. sugar & 1 T creamer. for bfast. I had a 1/2 c. white rice & 1 salmon steak for lunch. That's it so far. Oh and a glass of milk and 4 glasses of water

2 mile walk & pilates for exercise, so far so good today!
Old 09-09-2005, 03:20 PM   #24  
banned

Default Yay

good job!

i wish i had time to make breakfast in the morning. i just cant drag myself out of bed. i usually eat a special K bar or a kashi or allbran bar and a yogurt. which was my breakfast today.

are you doing anything to focus yourself? weight watchers? just trying to be better? everyone here is so warm and supportive, how could ya go wrong

i hope that dinner finds you a salad instead of the ice cream, but if it doesnt, dont beat yourself up. thats the worst thing you can do. you already feel bad because you are heavy, then beat yourself up for making mistakes. it happens.

ive found a nice alternative to icecream is ricotta cheese with berries (i love raspberries) and a drizzle (DRIZZLE) of honey. its delicious, less fat, and you still get your dairy

heres a hug *hug*

you can do it!!
Old 09-09-2005, 04:17 PM   #25  

HI to everyone. I am new at this group thing bit hope to learn how it all falls in place. I am going to lose 20lbs by

Hello to all. I am new at this group thing, bit hope to get the hang of it real soon. What makes it hard for me to understand how it all works is I am also new to the computer. I am going to lose 20 lbs by Christmas. I have lost 18 since July 5th. I know I can do it but would be easier if I knew others were trying to do it also.Together we will succeed. I am taking it one day at a time and going for 5lbs at a time. Makes it sounds so much easier. Lets hang together.
Old 09-09-2005, 05:58 PM   #26  
banned

welcome carrie! everyone here is super cool. anytime you need a friend, someone's here
Old 09-09-2005, 07:49 PM   #27  

How this group is growing fast. That's awesome!! Ok I need some KUDOS I went to the gym for 45 mintues. On campus and there were skinny sorority girls....but i sweated it out and I stayed on track with my food yesterday. Today is going good to and dinner at the dreaded BUFFET just got cancelled so I might even stay on track WHOO!
Old 09-09-2005, 09:50 PM   #28  

Hello everyone...Seems yall are doing very will with your food choices. I went to KFC for lunch today and had 1 tender roast chicken breast, green beans and rice. Then my hubby took me out tonight to the Golden Buddha. It a Japanese restaraunt where the cook the food in front of you. Of course I ate chicken, steak and rice. My stomach must be shrinking though because I brought most of it home in a to go box. And you know what else I find that is weird.....I am actually enjoying drinking water. Who would have thought?
Old 09-11-2005, 02:40 AM   #29  
banned

hey everyone. i hope that your weekend is going well. im good. totally stayed on track today... even have 4 pts left so i can have a treat when i get home from the gym. which is where im headed for the next 2 hours.

how are you ladies doing?

by the way... cassandra.. that chair thing is EXACTLY what i was talking about. that happened to me at lunch a few months ago. i was MORTIFIED. but i laughed it off. luckily it was just my friends in the room with me, so only 3 people saw it, and they are good enough not to have brought it up again
Old 09-11-2005, 04:47 PM   #30  

Doing good so far this weekend... even tho we went to buffet dinner last night. I only ate til I was satisfied, not over-doing it at all and I chose healthy foods.

Today so far so good. I just started taking medication for my PPD and am hoping that doesn't interfer in my weight loss!
Closed Thread