Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2005, 11:04 PM   #1  

Default another newbie

alright, well i'm just working on "the last 5 pounds" which is always difficult. I've been at a pretty consistent maintained weight but can't seem to get past it and was just looking for any buddies to help encourage and motivate me not to quit, and give up for lack of results, discouragement and frustration. I'm 22, about 5'1 and 105-110 lbs. (yeah it fluctuates) I'm also asian and have a smaller frame so my ideal weight (at least in my mind) is 100 lbs. A year ago, I was probably around 120-125 lbs. so I have made progress. I am looking towards getting rid of some excess abdominal fat and a more toned look in general.

Recently, I've started to run again to mix up my routine a bit (I've normally stuck with tae-bo for the past 6+ months). I've also started working out twice a day with a total of 60-90min a day to see if that helps any but so far.. no results. I'm thinking I may have reached a bit of a plateau in my weight. Though this is all pretty recent and I've only gone out running about 5 times now.

I'd like to start joining a yoga class to help my stress levels, maintain emotional well-being, flexibility, overall health and strength. So I'm sure the yoga will help wonders with variety and just overall good attitude.

One thing I KNOW I could work on is eating right. I don't eat too terribly bad, but I don't emphasize the fruits and vegetables enough, and during school/work, I easily go by 4-5 hrs. without eating anything. I always eat breakfast, but I know I should probably snack on energy foods more throughout the day.

Don't really believe in counting calories, or 'dieting' or anything.. Just want to try to be healthier. Though I find myself time and time again wanting the results more than the improved lifestyle..
Old 09-07-2005, 08:35 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Welcome! You may find some interesting things in the Maintainers forum. That's where successful folks talk about growing accustomed to staying healthy and slim.
Closed Thread