Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2005, 07:49 PM   #1  

Question Busy and need a buddy for exercise motivation

Hi, I've recently found myself pretty sedentary due to work and all. I would love to chat with someone who's interested in excersizing about 3-4 times a week. I'm new to this site, but hope to see what can come out of it. I'm a good chatter and I can easily email 1-2 times a day. I like to walk outdoors, work out on the eliptical trainer and lift light weights. I have the potential to do more, I think I just need a buddy.
Old 09-05-2005, 07:57 PM   #2  
low-carb forever!

S/C/G: 206/137/137

Height: 5'7"

Thumbs up

Hi! I need a buddy too. I try to work out 3 days a week. Now that we have a full staff at work and vacations are over I hope to get back to it. My routine really got interupted over the summer with all the overtime and vacations. I actually gained in August.

I work out at a gym because if I'm home I usually won't do the work. But there are some simple thing I can do at home if I want. I have an old excercise bike (rusty, but still pedels), or can go for a walk, or walk the stairs in the building on commercials.

Last edited by FatVictoria; 09-05-2005 at 07:58 PM. Reason: typo
Old 09-05-2005, 09:17 PM   #3  

Thumbs up

This is great...so good to hear from you! I'm new to the site and hope to find some success through it.

I was working out in a gym and then my new job took me out of the way so I decided not to renew my memership. I tried a gym close to work, but was way too crowded. I would like to go look at another gym, but it's not close to work or home, but hear it's great and the classes are good. I want to not only get fit, but tone up tremendously. I know that muscle burns the fat faster so that's part of my motivation.

Any thoughts on arm toning? I've tried the tricep extensions, but still pretty flabby there.

Thx
Old 09-05-2005, 11:38 PM   #4  
low-carb forever!

S/C/G: 206/137/137

Height: 5'7"

Talking

You can't really spot reduce. I think my arms will always be large and flabby. My trainer said they would be the last thing to go and I don't plan on losing so much weight that they'd disappear. 140 is just fine for me as a goal (I'm 5'7").

My gym has tons of classes at the time I'm there, but I tried a couple and decided they weren't for me. I'd rather just work out on my own on the main floor.

I'm not much into weights although I know I should be. I need to especially work on my arms just so I don't LOSE muscle.
Old 09-10-2005, 03:28 PM   #5  

I guess we all have typical challenges. Interesting to hear the arms will be the last to go. I visited a gym yesterday (for work) and I'm thinking of joining up again. It's the same gym I use to go to and now they are building one closer to my work. I'm pretty excited since before I had a gym by the house, but not by work. They didn't have changing rooms and I never wanted to go home first and then the gym. I'd rather change at the gym and get right to work. Now that they have a gym by work and changing rooms I think I'll give it a shot.
Looks like you are doing a monthly goal, which is a great idea. I think a short term goal is a pretty good idea. My goal overall is to loose by my wedding and get toned. I need to start hitting the weights again. I like machines over free weights.
I did go on 3 walks this week, but that's about it. Hoping the next week will be better and maybe I'll join the gym.
Closed Thread