Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2005, 11:10 PM   #1  

Default Really need a buddy!

I am new here and actually found the site by accident, but I really needed it! I am 28 y.o. and about 2 years ago I lost 50 pounds on my own. Now I am ready to tacle the next 50. I am a wife, a mom of one, an employee, a volunteer and an active church member so I don't always have time to do all that I need to do to lose weight. But I really want to get it off before I turn 30, so it looks like the time is now.

I know I can do much better if I have someone that I have to "face" daily on what I am doing. I just need a little extra push.

Will you help me? I will be happy to do the same in return.
Stephanie
Old 09-05-2005, 03:53 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Welcome smb1976! You've come to the right place for encouragment and support. You'll also find soooo much knowledge here.
Read a lot. Post a lot. Ask questions, you'll get lots of answers.

Don't worry about time for starters. You already cook and eat. All you have to do is cook different things and eat less. And as for exercise ??? simply start out doing what you do every day with more vigour in your step. Bounce a little , walk a few more places. It'll come. Good health fits into every lifestyle.

What did you do to lose the first 50 lbs .... an amazing accomplishment by the way!!
Old 09-05-2005, 07:26 PM   #3  
low-carb forever!

S/C/G: 206/137/137

Height: 5'7"

Exclamation

I need a buddy. I gained a bunch of weight in August and my goal for September is to lose it all. I need somebody to keep me on the straight and narrow.
Old 09-05-2005, 08:59 PM   #4  

Thank you.
To lose the first 50, I walked almost daily about 25-30 minutes (I choose to walk to work) and I just really strarted eating in moderation. I don't know why, but this time it seems much harder. I have had a hard time keeping it up for more than a few days at a time.

Stephenie
Closed Thread