Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2005, 01:58 PM   #1  
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 320/200/150

Height: 5'7"

Default I need a buddy

I have been a member here for forever but hardly ever post. I have to get serious though. I am a grandma now and I want to live to see my granddaughter grow up. If you encourage me, I'll encourage you.
Old 08-27-2005, 02:06 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I'm cutting and pasting my reply to another newcomer because I do think you can find lots of what you need right here at 3fc.....

Here's my tip. Go get a big bottle of cold water or a diet pop and pull up a chair. Go to the top of the page and choose 'three fat chicks on a diet weight loss community'. Scroll down and read all the headings and subheadings of threads. Read everything that looks interesting. When you've had a good peruse of everything these forums have to offer, go back to the top and click on 'new posts'. Just keep reading. Read or answer any posts that appeal to you. You'll find folks who are sympatico.

I'm soon gonna become known as the poster who keeps posting the same things! But seriously CrazyChubbyBeautiful. Read lots! There are lots of great and helpful people here.
Also, you seem to be doing a good job so far! Congratulations on your good work!
Old 08-27-2005, 02:28 PM   #3  

Default Encouragement

CONGRATULATIONS on being a grandma!

I'm only a step-mom (my oldest is 9) so I can't really empathize with you there, however, I need to lose weight for health-reasons, too! My cholesterol is 157!!! I have always been a fitness nut, but mainly to try to combat the fact that I have a LOUSY diet!

Now, I have to have a GOOD diet on top of the working out!

You've already lost a good amount of weight (35 pounds). KEEP IT UP!!!

I'm having a GOOD eating day right now, but a BAD working out day. My tummy is upset, so it's tough for me to feel like sweating my butt off right now. Maybe some strength excersizes instead.

KEEP IT UP!!! (I can't say that enough).

You're a strong, beautiful woman - you can and WILL do this!

Melissa
Old 08-27-2005, 02:46 PM   #4  
Tryin' Again

S/C/G: 235/210/150

Height: 5'5"

Talking

Hi everyone!!!

I'm part of the group known as the Slimmin' Sistas. Look under the weight watchers forum. We are a pretty good group of suppotive ladies. You would be welcome there.
I always say "the more the merrier". We are all on this wagon together. C'mon, we can help each other get healthier.

Hope to see you there!
Old 08-29-2005, 07:59 AM   #5  

Height: 5'1"

Hi, I'm a grandma too (ain't it fun) and need lots of energy to play with the kids and keep up with them! They are 5 and 2 so I do a lot of running. I work part time and baby sit 2 days a week. I want to be around for a long time to watch them grow up. I know that means changing some things but they are so worth it! If you want to join me we can post here or you can e-mail me at [email protected]

Mrs. fubby, your cholesterol is 157 and you're complaining? What do you want to get it down to?
Closed Thread