Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2005, 12:12 AM   #1  

Default Ready to get serious, here's my story..

Hi there, Im new to this forum, been browsing around quite a bit and everyone seems to friendly and supportive of each other. Here's my story...

Im finally ready to get serious and try to lose this excess weight which totals about 76 lbs although everyone I know says theres no way I need to lose that much. Im 5'11 and weigh 246. I actually felt great at about 190 and plan to just make my way down as much as possible. Not sure how I gained all of this weight, just kind of snuck up on me in a way I guess. I eat under stress and to be honest with myself Im pretty much a stressaholic. My husband and I have our own business and I love the pressure of developing a business and persevering towards a goal.. but at the same time, this is one driving force in me gaining weight persevering = stress = eating = bigger hiney .

Im hoping that the same drive that I have in business can be somehow channeled towards losing weight. I went to the doctor three weeks ago just for a full checkup and blood work since I read in Womens World about the thyroid issue and how studies show now that your TSH level should actually be around 1 to feel good and maintain weight. He basically blew me off about that since mine was only 3.9 a year ago but did agree to do the full range of blood work to check it out. I go back tomorrow for the results. At the same time he suggested that I try Wellbutrin Xl 150 mg, at which time I blew off his suggestion, hee hee (if he can blow of mine I can blow off his). So I came home, read everything on the internet that I could find, saw where it helps with weightloss and figured okay, lets try this. UNBELIEVABLE results. I feel so good I cant explain it. By day two I was cleaning my house and by day four I had completely finished my gigantic heaping pile of laundry that I never saw the bottom of. I have walked around the yard 3 times this week (1 acre yard) and every night made dinner and still had energy to do things. My focus is much clearer and I dont feel overwhelmed or distracted when talking to people. I was very skeptical about it in the first place, but I think I might stick it out and see how I do on it.

Sorry to ramble, but i just have so much inside that I want to get out and figure out so that I can enter this journey with a clear picture.

I will be posting as often as possible on my progress and would love to make some new friendships and help motivate each other. Any takers?? [/FONT]
Closed Thread