Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2005, 12:18 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

First of all, I'd toss those goldfish with a bit of olive oil and garlic ... sorry, I couldn't resist that. Glub, glub.

Simply by writing that out, you've learned something. Yes?

OK, Friday. Ditch the country crock and try cinnamon and splenda. I think it's Ilene who uses sugar free jello powder when she needs a sweet something extra.

If you make the burgers at home, eat just the patty with some vegetables instead of the bun. Fries ...eeek! I love them too. Butonly have very few very occassionally.

See if you can find a better grain cracker than goldfish. Better still eat veggies.

Orange juice is fine, just watch the serving size. Fruit has sugar. The whole orange would have been more filling and it has fibre.

I'm not sure what a nutterbutter is but ... deary .... I like celery with peanutbutter on.

I just have to watch because I like lots of peanut butter.

Lean white chicken on whole grain bread with no fat miracle whip?

Big water, big, big water! Diet Dr Pepper?

Yesterday!!!! Oh dear! Are you feeling draggy today?
Vegetables, fruit, lean meats, eggs, tuna, diet Coke?
I do eat white rice because it's quick and easy. But I have trouble only eating one serving. I want four!

I sound pretty critical don't I?

The truly encouraging thing for me, is that you could already see what was going on. You know more than you think. And are eager to learn. I feel optimistic about you!

Oh yes, do you have a fitday.com account? I love it!
Old 08-28-2005, 01:17 PM   #17  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3prettygirls
wow seeing written out really makes me realize i eat bad
There is your first AHA moment!! Write and journal everything you eat, like SusanB said try fitday.com. Try to eat as unprocessed as possible eat whole foods... Healthy foods don't have to be bland but you do have to find recipes and experiment with herbs and spices. To me those gold fish thingy crackers are bland, so once you start eating fresh and whole food your taste buds will change too...
Old 08-29-2005, 10:09 AM   #18  

Awesome no SusanB you don't sound too critical! I needed it and fully accept it! I love water and have up'ed my intake and I am going to cut out the fries! I love chickedn and fish and veggies...I also love brown rice but dear hubby doesnt. I love rice so its hard to stay away! I really appreciate all of ya'll comments and keep em coming and I will keep soaking it in!

PS I walked 4 miles last week! <~~~~~ thats huge for me! I'm so proud of myself. And I wasnt even sore so if time permits I'm shooting for 6 miles this week! Wish me luck and I'll let you know!
Old 08-30-2005, 07:27 PM   #19  
Tauni

well it is a kinda "gatherers" diet. No fat, no processed, no salt anything! Mostly equal portions of protein like fish, turkey, and chicken, carbs, like rice and potatoes, and green vegies 6 times a day. It really teaches you portion control, and brings good clean burning food to your body. It works! At 44 ... it is the best diet I have ever been on ... I dropped about 14 lbs in 6 days. I'm on my 2nd week, and had decided to follow it. You also have to EXCERCISE! 45 to 60 min of walking. I use a treadmill.
Old 08-31-2005, 09:21 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Hi Tauni. REAL food is very popular here. You should feel right at home.
Closed Thread