Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2005, 06:40 PM   #106  

Hi all!!

I would love to buddy up with you guys. I just met my goal weight with Weight Watchers, couple weeks ago, so now on Maintenance. I had to lose 129 pounds. I want to let you guys know, I would love to chat with you guys if you would be interested. This is a great website, but its nice to talk to people too. You can message me if you have Yahoo Messenger at cowgirl73160. That is my signature name, feel free to add me. I know what all you guys/girls are going through or have a good idea. I have health problems which has slowed this process down but I got it off in the end. I would sure love to chat with anyone interested.

Lisa
Old 09-18-2005, 07:56 AM   #107  

welcome to our new people Ladhu84 and cowgirl73160 both of you are very welcome here we are a very supportive group and I dont only mean for our weight loss but for anything going on in our worlds . cowgirl73160 great to hear you have done so well its thinks like this that keep us all going
Old 09-19-2005, 06:50 PM   #108  

Wow, this is a cool place to come.

I lost a lot of weight over the last couple of years, a lot of weight for me that is. Then my world kind of fell apart and now I'm back to within 4 pounds of my highest weight ever. I feel overwhelmed. My personal life has settled down and it's time for me to get back focused on doing what I need to do to take better care of myself physically and emotionally. I don't know about you guys but I have always struggled with feeling guilty for being "self-centered" but the truth is (see my weight tracker) that I'm going to have to do some serious self-centered types of work to get to a healthy place. As things stand now, I have asthma and I smoke (yes, going to quit). I have diabetes and PCOS and haven't been taking my medications or exercising since things fell apart earlier this year. I realize now I'm going to need a lot of help and support to rearrange my life and that when I do it won't look much at all like it does now. That's kind of exciting and scary at the same time. I hope, really hope, I have what it takes to change thing around and to become healthy.

For me, the biggest issue is that I feel overwhelmed. I know there are so many things I need to do and it becomes overwhelming to me to think about what to try to work on first. (Medication, exercise, eating better, drinking water - - they're all *small* things but together.. they get overwheming). Anyone else struggle with this? Any thoughts on how to handle transitions successfully?
Old 09-19-2005, 07:05 PM   #109  

Hello is anyone home , new post are we all ok
I have had a sweet tooth day ,eaten sweeets, that was yesterday today is a new day and I will be better
I have been walking, just a little to get me started again,I start coughing so I'm taking it slow
my Gandmother (she is 94) was put in hospital yesterday her poor heart is getting very tired, it was not a good day, so I know why I had cravings for sweet things .I will work on it today ,took my kid's to the Drive-in last night and the Grandson ,it was the firt time for him ,his little eyes nearly poped out of his head , it was such fun to watch . hope to here from all of you soon
Old 09-19-2005, 07:51 PM   #110  

welcome being_chrysalis you have all ready taken the first big steps you have said it out loud that you need to do these things and I think it gets overwheming for all of us at times . put the main things on a list that you need to do
Medication
Eating Healthy
Drink water
Exercise
and put a BIG tick each time you do one of them,so you will feel better because you can see you are working at making changes, we are all on a long road but each small step is a step closer too a healther us
I think that all of us forgot that we need to look after us first so we can then help otheres
so be and each step is one step closer
Old 09-19-2005, 07:58 PM   #111  

I would love to join you ladies

I have alot to lose also and need alot of encouragement
Old 09-19-2005, 08:15 PM   #112  

welcome to you also mama2aredhead ,we are a very supportive bunch and there is always room for one more or two or three .
I love you name
Old 09-20-2005, 12:02 AM   #113  
Hanging in the Heartland

S/C/G: 470/220/170

Height: 5"8"

Hi folks,

Haven't posted here in a while. Welcome to all the new people. We have been or are all their. Looking at the long road ahead. I have found I do best when I just look at the teeny tiny patch right in front of me.

I was really thrilled when I went shopping today and every thing that fit was one or two sizes smaller then the last time. I haven't really lost much weight since the last time I shopped but I have been exercsing regularily since early in the year. Today felt like a very bountiful pay off when everything I initially tried on was tooooooo big!!!! I am really loving it.

Hope every one is doing OK and hanging in there.

Sorry to here about your difficulties BBNM. We are all hanging for you.

DCM
Old 09-20-2005, 12:43 PM   #114  

Tracy...hello

My name is Tracey Marshall, I have 123 punds to loose and I like you have been back and forth for a long time now and I am sick of it. I used to binge and purge and due to my depression over my weight and my thoughts of how I looked like Shekia, it affected my relationships not just with my partner but with my friends as well. I need to take my life back...I am 27 and I have no life because I for so long have been embarrased of myself and how I look. I will support all of you ladies and I ask that you help support me, together I know we can do this...God Bless you all and I look forward to hearing from [email protected]
Old 09-20-2005, 01:46 PM   #115  

Hi Everyone,
I am brand new to this site, just found it today. It is so nice to see I am not alone. I have joined WW but could also use outside support. I also have a preteen daughter who is overweight and I am trying to get her to follow along with me. I could use any support you can offer and will be happy to return it.

Thanks
Old 09-20-2005, 01:58 PM   #116  

hey evreyone i havent been on here in a long time ive been trying to get my diet straught and im happy to see so many people have joined us in our weightloss jorney the more the merrier right well i want to welcome all the new people to the group i hope you all like it and wish you the best of your jorney to weight loss wow cowgirl that amazing you lost so much weight i hope tobe successful to like you good job
Old 09-20-2005, 02:10 PM   #117  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Hey all! I'm more of a lurker here. I'm moving to a new city and I just need some buddies around me to help me reach my goal. Anyone interested can email me or im me.
Old 09-20-2005, 02:20 PM   #118  

S/C/G: 345/ticker/170

Height: 5'8

Hi, everyone. I hope you have room for one more. I would love to be part of your group!
After reading everyone's posts, I completely relate to all of you. I have many of the same issues and problems, and share the same feelings.
I am now also at a point where I want my life back, and can starting truly living again.

I would love to share ideas, and anything to help each other along the way.

Christina
Old 09-21-2005, 12:03 AM   #119  

S/C/G: 285/275.4/125

Wow, we're getting quite a little group here! Welcome to all the new folks.

Had a pretty good day today, usual crazy stuff at work. I took the time this morning to walk for close to an hour. Didn't feel like it, of course, but I told myself that I was being good to myself and acting like normal people act. It's much easier to do now that the weather has cooled off a little.

Not really anything else to report. Once again, welcome to all the new faces! (waving)
Old 09-21-2005, 07:19 AM   #120  

way to go activeadventurer
that is super it's great when things are tooooooooo BIG, I am so Happy for you
Well I have had a good weigh-in down 1kg (2.2 lb) this week.
A big Welcome to all our new people soon2bskinny08, curlymom, JasonsLea, ruby2sday
Aslo a great big Great to see you back to ladynredd and dyintobethin
ladynredd great work at making yourself take the the time for you thats what we need to do ,my daughter(she is only 12) gave me a foot massage and painted my toe nails for my weight loss, she also can give a great hot rock massage thats next week (I hope )
activeadventurer how are you two going on our LMT?????
I did walking and THE BIKE , I also cleanded out the pool and swam
Closed Thread