Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2005, 06:58 PM   #16  

Good morning girls
we all sound really enthusiastic, so let's keep it that way,
Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow. This is my favourite quote at the moment, so if I don't have a good day, I don't just give up I use my quiet voice at the end of the day and I start again tomorrow.
As you can all see I work in kilograms (the conversion is approximately one kilo equals 2.2 lbs.).so I'm 224.4lbs or as I would say 102kg.
So girls let's set ourselves some challenges.
What day would be your like to weigh in on???
I weigh in on Wednesdays morning(so you girls will know what I weigh on Tuesday night).
My challenges for this week
I'm going to drink eight glasses of water a day
I am going to go for long walks at least four times this week
and I am going to die my hair (I put that in because I think we should be doing something nice to ourselves every week)
Old 08-25-2005, 12:09 AM   #17  

i want to try the flex point weight watchers but dont have the money right now im in the middle of a big settlement so once i get that im definatly going with weight watcher are maybe nutri system they both work great anyone tried nutri system before
Old 08-25-2005, 12:23 AM   #18  
low-carb forever!

S/C/G: 206/137/137

Height: 5'7"

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyintobethin
i want to try the flex point weight watchers but dont have the money right now im in the middle of a big settlement so once i get that im definatly going with weight watcher are maybe nutri system they both work great anyone tried nutri system before
Between the two I'd go with Weight Watchers. You learn new eating habits as you go because you do your own meals. They have a long track record of success and you get to choose exactly what you eat.

Slow is good because you ingrain new habits along the way. I only lose about 2 pounds a month right now, but I am learning a new way of eating that will last for a lifetime. (The more you weigh, the faster you will lose, so don't let my "2 pounds a month" discourage you!)

I say start research Weight Watchers now. You can get a lot of info. online and start it on your own before you can join. then join up when you have the money.
Old 08-25-2005, 12:39 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 298/288/175

Ok, my goals for the week drinking 8 glasses water daily, exercising 4 times a week.
I will weigh-in a saturday mornings.
Old 08-25-2005, 03:03 AM   #20  

Talking I need a buddy too!!!

Hello,

I'm Olena and new to this site. I would like to try WW, but don't have the money. Can someone help me and give me a synopsis of what I would need to do? Or maybe another reasonable "diet" that works to follow? I too need to lose 150 lbs. I will figure out the weight tracker tomorrow to have on my posts

You can email me with any help you may have for me

Thanks!
Olena
Old 08-26-2005, 07:40 AM   #21  

I'd like to join with you gals. I need to lose about 100 lbs. I was doing well until the summer when I took the class from **** in summer school. I am an older student returning to college for a career change. The stress got to me and I have spent the past three weeks eating everything in sight. I know I have gained weight and I feel like crap. The am I signed up for the President's Challenge to exercise 30 minutes 5 days per week. I am going back to my low fat vegetarian eating plan. I could use encouragement since I will again be losing the same weight I have lost many times before. It can be so discouraging!
Old 08-26-2005, 07:44 AM   #22  

Quote:
Originally Posted by butter ball no more
I am going to die my hair (I put that in because I think we should be doing something nice to ourselves every week)
Are you doing a whole new color? You idea about a reward is a good one. I will have to get creative and come up with something.
Old 08-26-2005, 08:14 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

It seems a god idea to have a NON-FOOD REWARD, ie; colouring your hair. I tried a charm bracelet, i charm for every seven pounds, I have loads of charms now! BUT they were for birthday, anniversary or holiday pressies, I would only have 6 charms if I'd done it properly. I think makeup items or a book are fairly cheap rewards for losing weight, as you get lighter you also get more glam.

regards,
sharon
Old 08-26-2005, 01:02 PM   #24  

Wink Can I get in on this friendship?

Hi everyone, I would really like to get in on this friendship too if you have room for one more. I actually need to lose about 75 lbs which seems like 1000 lbs if you know what I mean. I want to get motivated, have friends to chat/email, share success and help support each other. Diets havent worked well for me in the past but I am really serious this time and will commit to it and feel that communicating with others in the same boat will be helpful.

Pleeeeease can I join your group??
Old 08-26-2005, 05:51 PM   #25  

hey ladies hi you'll doing so lets start giving ourselves changellens and goals and weigh in date lets start a real group
Old 08-26-2005, 06:29 PM   #26  

good morning Girl's,
The colour for my hair ammmmmmmmm, think I will cover the gray and get some highlites,
min goal= to be 90kg(198lbs) by 26th of October2005
As I have said before I will weigh in on Wednesday morning
and Caroliney I am sure I speek for all of us when I say you are more than WELCOME.
Voodoo1 I like the makeup and books thing great thinking(thinking slim already)
I'm going back to bed as I have a bad flu so no walking today but justhad to check in and see how all were going, hot lemon juice for me
Old 08-27-2005, 01:11 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 298/288/175

BBNM: Feel Better
F(X): I am returning to school for a career change. My fall semester starts Monday. It is a challenege with working fulltime as well as going to school fulltime. We know you can do it.

Saturday will be my weigh-in day. My challenges are exercising 4 times a week & drinking 8 glasses water daily.

Welcome everyone!
Old 08-27-2005, 02:23 AM   #28  

AllieNVegas we will be looking out for your weigh-in on Monday, good luck with all your challenges,you realy have a lot on your plate, with fulltime work and school, what a girl I'm doing the water but typing is exercising for me today lol
thank's for the get well
Old 08-27-2005, 04:53 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 285/275.4/125

Default Me Too

I'll jump in here too if it's okay!

I, too, have 150 lbs. or so to lose. Have done just about every eating plan in the past but have regained everything I lost, plus more. I'm now the heaviest I've ever been. I rejoined Weight Watchers (online) last week. My weigh-in day is Sunday.

I'm still having to focus on getting in all of my water. I've bought a couple Richard Simmons exercise tapes to make exercise a little more interesting but I haven't done them yet.
Old 08-27-2005, 05:01 AM   #30  

ladynredd welcome,I know what you mean I am also the heaviest that I have ever been also, the realy bad thing is I remember when I was 158lbs and saying to my hubby I realy have to lose this extra weight ,now here I am at 224lbs,yes I have been up and down but Iam going to get slim and healthy this time with my friends support and so will you .
Closed Thread