Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2005, 12:43 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 174.2/148.6/145

Height: 5'7"

Smile Hello all, I would love a buddy

I'm looking for a buddy, I'm trying to lose another 21 lbs. By thanksgiving!!! I have a pair of size 8 pants that is my goal to where for Thanksgiving dinner. I bought them in November of 2003. When we moved to Ohio, I well "blossomed" LOL and now I would like to um "unblossom" Is there anyone who would like to buddy with me? I weigh myself Monday am and work out 3 times a week and situps every other day. I also do measurments.

Thanks for letting me join
Old 08-22-2005, 06:46 PM   #2  

Diamond Girl,
I couldn't believe it when I read your post. Our weight is practically the same, (I'm 172), and our goal is too. I'm afraid to ask your height, LOL! My goal is not probably as low as I should go, but I'll work on that once I get there. Doctor said that at 5'4'', I should weigh around 140. I know this will be a long, hard road; if it was easy, I wouldn't be where I am at now. I have set a mini-goal of losing seven pounds by September 20th, so by Thanksgiving, 20 pounds sound very reasonable. I also weigh myself on Monday, am from Ohio, and try to walk/exercise 3 or 4 times a week. Gosh, to think that we could reach our goal before Christmas would be wonderful! (Then of course, we have to maintain it!) We can do it!
I look forward to hearing from you.
Old 08-23-2005, 01:38 AM   #3  
MinimizeMe

Hi Diamond Girl and Jen,

I think we are all about the same size. I am 173 and would love to get down to 150. I have a pair of size 8's as my goal too! Funny! I use the elliptical trainer every other day and do a little resistance training on the other days. I'm new to this site so I'm just learning how to navigate. Anyway, let's do it!
Old 08-23-2005, 07:57 AM   #4  

Al right girls...woo hoo, I am excited. I'm new to this message board also. I work on a treadmill three times a week, monitor my calorie intake, and do situps ( my worst area is my belly) I never thought of setting any mini goals, I've just been trying to lose at least a pound a week. This Monday I didn't lose, but maintained my weight (I am retaining water so maintaining is a good thing) My goal todayIs my situps. I have an article from my husbands muscle and fitness mag. It's six sets of situps to do for "perfect" abs. VERY hard, so far with these I can only do one set of 15 each (except for the really nasty one that I can only do 10 of). Then I do a ball crunch, and pelvic lifts. I'm thinking of doing a mile on the treadmill today. I think I'm a little disapointed in not losing any weight this week.

Jen, where in Ohio are you? I'm between cincy and dayton. Michelle, where do you hail from?

Here's a little info about me. My name is Angela, I have two boys who are 7 and 5. My five year old start kindergarten this year. I'm 36 and have been married 11 years this november.

I hope to get to know ya'll better!
Old 08-23-2005, 11:19 AM   #5  
MinimizeMe

I'm excited too!

I'm inspired by your ab plan. My husband has a killer ab workout video. Think I'll do the ab video and get on the elliptical trainer. Thanks for the inspiration!

My main problem is food intake. I've seen other threads where they actually post what they have eaten throughout the day...Kind of like a food diary. That would REALLY help me. I'll post what I ate at the end of each day.

I just got on the scale and I lost 1 pound! Great way to start the day! I changed my goal weight to 155 (from 150). Need to keep thing realistic as I am about 5'8".

About me: I live in San Diego, married for 17 years, three kids (9 and 12 y/o twins), 38 years old. I've been in pretty good shape for most of my life. Very skinny kid, etc. These last few of years have caught me by surprise. The weight is just piling on...Ugh.

Have a great day!! Be strong!

Michele
Old 08-23-2005, 01:22 PM   #6  

Talking

I keep a food diary. I write down everything that I eat or drink. I use the internet to get the calories for the things I don't know. For me, to lose weight I need to take in a maximum of 1615 calories a day. The more I work out, the more calories I can take in. Everywhere I've read though it says that if you reduce your weekly intake by 3500 calories you will lose one pound. If you exercise along with the reduction you'll lose more.

I've already done 20 minutes on the staionary bike today and my situps.
Woo Hoo, just coming here has giving me a hands up!

If you want we can do a food diary also.

Don't forget to drink water!!!
Old 08-23-2005, 07:09 PM   #7  
MinimizeMe

Hi There,

Way to get the bike and the sit ups out of the way!

I've had a pretty active day myself. I did the Ab Ripper (video), 30 minutes on the elliptical trainer and a resistance training workout (Bowflex).
Breakfast: cheerios/nf milk - 185 kcal
Snack: Pickle - 30
Lunch: Lean Cuisine, salad - 450

Total (so far) - 715
I still have dinner...It's only 4 pm here in California. I need to drink more water!!

You're probably winding down back in Ohio. How was your day?
Old 08-23-2005, 07:51 PM   #8  

I did alright today, but you girls are inspiring me to get in a little more exercise right after this!
I am 47, married almost 27 years, 2 "kids", (son is 22-in the Army; daughter is almost 21-at home, going to college). I am from northwest Ohio, near Toledo.
I used to be pretty in shape, I think I got distracted, possibly a little lazy, with concentrating on my family/children. Now, it is time to get back in touch with me. What do I want to do now?
I'm happy with my job and all, but I need to get some hobbies or other interests.
We just visited San Diego in March/April. We stayed in Solana Beach. It was beautiful!
Old 08-23-2005, 07:58 PM   #9  

Hey Jen,

I agree, having buddies makes you really try harder.

My diet diary for today:

Coffee - cream and sweet and low - 52
Breakfast - Kelloggs Special K with berries/ nofat milk - 160
Lunch - lowfat turkey sandwhich with cheese - 310
Snack - pretzels (without salt ) - 160
Dinner - chicken legs and Mac and Cheese - 545
Snack - more pretzels - 160

total Calories: 1387
Old 08-23-2005, 08:04 PM   #10  

My day....OMG we had open house at the boys school. Hunter starts second grade tomorrow, and Colton will start kindergarten on monday. I just sent them to bed. I wonder how LONG it will take them to get to sleep.

Myself, I've been getting up well whenever I feel like it, so 6:30 is going to come WAY to soon tomorrow.

have a good night you guys
Old 08-23-2005, 09:14 PM   #11  
MinimizeMe

Great job on the calorie intake, Angela. I remember when my kids started Kindergarten.. the mom's were so weepy (more than the kids!). Our school starts on Sept. 6th. Getting back in to that schedule will be a challenge!

Jen-Solana Beach is beautiful! I know it well! I used to work there many years ago. I worked at the Jenny Craig Corporate office - Ironic - ha ha.
I saw your post in the "teacher" thread too. I would love to buddy up with you on either thread. Our weight goals on this thread are so similiar...I feel inspired!

Talk tomorrow...

Michele
Old 08-23-2005, 10:38 PM   #12  
MinimizeMe

Tues. Dinner : Spag. sauce (no noodles) salad - 600 kcal
Total: 1315
Old 08-24-2005, 01:38 PM   #13  

Hello girls,

Today was grocery shopping day. Always hard to pass by those yummy cookies! I did get yogurt and some lean cusine. I also got some of those soup in hands... 110 calories. So far today I am at 570 calories ( I did break down and get some doritos, LOL) I still have dinner and one more snack.

My exercise plan is 2 miles on the treadmill with weights. I'm also walking to pick up my son from school It's 1/4 mile straight up hill and then 1/4 down, so I'll be at 2.5 miles for the day!

Hugs,
Old 08-24-2005, 05:09 PM   #14  
MinimizeMe

Gotta love those hills!

My day is a bit hectic...I had to get out the door early this morning and skipped breakfast - a big no no. Anyway, I had a good lunch and have managed to stay on track. My abs are sore from yesterday! My plan is to get on the ell. trainer for 30 minutes.

I'll check in later...

Michele
Old 08-24-2005, 06:00 PM   #15  

2 miles done... although I did get some more doritos, LOL with dinner I'm at 1073. That allows me to have a sundae (vanilla ice cream sweetened with splenda and hersey's syrup = 215 for a total of 1288.

I worked my arms while I was walking on the treadmill (I have 2 3 and 5 lbs). My arms are the sencond worse behind my belly.
Closed Thread