Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2005, 02:09 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 174.2/148.6/145

Height: 5'7"

Well I did a mile on my treadmill because I just found out when I drove the boys to school today that it's one mile round trip (not the half I thought) so I've already done one mile walking to pick up Colton (half day Kindergarten) and will do another mile to get Hunter this afternoon. For a total of three miles. I did my arms with the 5lbs during my mile. I've also done my ab workout.

Hugs,
Old 08-29-2005, 05:48 PM   #32  

Great going Angela!
As for me, I gained a pound. I was a little surprised, a lot disappointed, because I've been feeling good, clothes even feel better - not tight. Oh well. I guess I will have to adjust. This week I will drink 64 oz. of water per day, exercise at least 5 times, and watch my calorie intake. I thought I was doing good with the food, but obviously not!
Anybody see Oprah today? It was about healthful foods and vitamins.
I'm going to go work out now.
Happy Monday to all!
Old 08-29-2005, 06:37 PM   #33  
MinimizeMe

Congrats, Angela! Sounds like you are on track. Angela-it sounds like you are fine too. If you feel good and your clothes are not as tight, you're doing something right!!

I got on the scale and I lost 1 pound. I am happy because I had the same visitor as you, Angela (Aunt Flo).

BTW-I changed my weight tracker to reflect my weight loss over the last two years rather than just the last month. I'll set up my Sept. goal tracker a bit later. Enjoy your evening!
Old 08-30-2005, 07:07 AM   #34  

Good Morning Jenand Michelle,

Well I STUFF myself yesterday, LOL I guess I'll have to let it be my fat day. although nothing was empty calories I got to 1900 because I made Hamburgers and FF for dinner. Of course I counted all the calories, but I made sure I got all the extra fat off the hamburgers (patted them down) and didn't really have a FULL portion of FF. But the whole meal equaled 760 (tha includes 65 for the ear of corn) So .

Jen, don't worry about the gain, if your clothes fit better it probably means that you have gained muscle, which weighs more than fat! The more muscle you have, the better fat burning you do!!! I'm glad your not giving up because of it!

Michelle, good job on the loss, and you should go from the beginning of your weight loss journey.

Well luckly my boys are into walking to school (poor Colton will be doing 2miles a day) They really like it, so it modivates me. If I walk them to school everyday then I get three miles in. Although on days like today (Looks like its gonna rain, bad Katrina) I won't Hopefully we will be able to walk this am but probably not to pick them up.

Hugs,
Old 08-30-2005, 10:22 AM   #35  
MinimizeMe

Hi all....I have a confession. I was terrible last night. I had a sweet tooth and had ice cream and cookies. I didn't even bother to count the calories. It was bad and I feel horrible. I don't know what happened. Weigh in day (if I've lost weight) is a celebration day, I guess. Gotta stop that!!!

Okay, I now need to remember how horrible it felt after I stuffed myself. I plan to stick to it today.

I will be going to work where meals are provided. Usually there are a lot of good options...I'm determined!

Have a great day...I'll check in tonight.

Michele
Old 08-31-2005, 06:42 AM   #36  

Well Michelle, I feel better knowing I wasn't the only person to "fall off the wagon" on monday. Although I usually give myself what I call a "fat day" where I right down my calories, but allow myself treats. Usually that's the day we go to dairy queen, LOL. I still keep it below 2000 though.

It rained all day yesterday. I spent the morning cleaning the basement. Rain really depresses me.

I did Lunges yesterday.....OW..Ow ow. I kept my calories at 1220. It's still raining today so it looks like a treadmill day for me.

Have a ggod day girls
Old 08-31-2005, 04:06 PM   #37  

Default Need a Buddy!

Hi, I really want to attempt to lose weight again, When my daughter goes back to school. I want to try the the dr phils rapid start plan. Any suggestions for tasty healthy meals? I feel my failure is I just don't know what to eat to make me stick with a plan. I want to lose 28 lbs by November.
Old 09-01-2005, 06:31 AM   #38  

I'm sorry Butter_Fly I really don't have any sugesstions, I'm new here too. I sure that they have a forum about eating and good foods, just read around and you should find what your looking for.

Good Luck
Old 09-01-2005, 06:34 AM   #39  

Good Morning Gals,

How are you doing. I'm doing well, but a little sore. I walked 7 miles yesterday. (4 normal then I got into a tift with dh and went for a "power/angry walk and ended up doing 3 more) through my neighborhood of hills

I ended up at 1370 in calories for the day.

Hope you all have a wonderful day.

Hugs,
Old 09-01-2005, 10:52 AM   #40  
MinimizeMe

AAAHHH!! I've been so busy with work that I have not checked in. Sorry! I have not counted calories the last couple of days. Food was provided all week at school and let's just say that the dessert table was calling my name. I feel disgusted with myself. On a positive note, I went out and bought a bunch of new clothes to start out the school year. I am so picky about what I wear and it usually takes me a long time to just find one thing......Not this time! I had 20 minutes to shop and I bought 4 skirts, two jackets and a pair of pants. I bought them just a tad snug so they will fit for a while.

I am counting calories again today. Nectarine for breakfast. I packed my lunch (tuna salad, crackers, fruit) and I will have a 100 cal snack pack in the afternoon and roast and salad for dinner. I'll add the calories up tonight.

Way to exercise yesterday, Angela! Did you and DH make up? Nothing like a little bump in the marital bliss to get you moving!!

Have a great day!
Old 09-01-2005, 10:59 AM   #41  
MinimizeMe

Hi Butter_Fly,

Well...you've made the first step! I think we all have our personal tastes for meals. I like to have some sort of meat (chicken, fish, roast) and a big salad. For me, I need to make my salad pretty tasty for it to interest me. I put sliced olives, jalapenos or something else that I think is pretty tasty on my salads otherwise I won't eat it. Huge salads have lots of benefits and few calories.

I think a lot of people, like me, who struggle with weight, simply eat too much. The best thing I can do is to simply eat less. I was having seconds and thirds of everything at the dinner table. I eat less now and have had some success.

I hope this helps and you can find what works for you!!

Michele
Old 09-02-2005, 06:57 AM   #42  

Good Morning Girls,

My legs are ACHING this am. I worked (parttime for some extra $) last night after doing the hill three times (3miles). Ouchie. I got my abs in yesterday too.

Yesterday was a "laugh a minute" After the tiff with hubby (which was over the water heater that seemed to be broken. Well it turned out that when I was cleaning the basement I accidently hit the main gas switch. So we have hot water and don't have to replace the water heater. BUT DH tire was flat yesterday so he had to take my "gas Guzzler" to work. since he drives a lot, that was an ouch. I called AAA and they came and changed the flat, but the spare was flat too. LOL he had to come back because he did have any air.

I weeded yesterday (haven't done that in a while) then I was gonna mow the grass, but the lawn mower hmm went poof. so all the weeds are all over the lawn because our lawn mower mulches and usually cleans iup.
Have a good weekend girls
Old 09-03-2005, 05:28 PM   #43  

I'm still here. Sorry I haven't checked in for a while. I'm doing OK, not quite sticking to the exercise and water, close but not all the way. I'm sort of off schedule, probably because I'm back to work. I'm loving it, so far so good, except I feel sorry for one of the fifth grade teachers. What a class! Good kids, but the mix of them causes a comotion.
Funny Angela! My daughter's tire was just flat too, but had to be replaced because she drove around on it while it was too low. She kept procrastinating about getting it checked. She's almost 21, someday she'll learn.
I hope everyone enjoys their Labor Day weekend!
Old 09-04-2005, 10:51 AM   #44  
MinimizeMe

Hi Ladies,

I have been enjoying these last days of freedom. Class starts on Monday. I love it too, Jen! My difficulty is giving up my summer. Once I get in to it I know all will be fine.

I did a Bowflex (resistance training) workout with my son. We plan on doing that again today. I find I'm doing more of this type of workout rather than the aerobics workout. I'd better get on the elliptical trainer today.

I have been a chocolate-craving maniac!!! I am really worried about the weigh-in tomorrow.

Have a great holiday!
Old 09-04-2005, 08:09 PM   #45  

Hey all! I've been good with the calories, but I haven't had any "typical" exercise. We've been getting the outside clean up. We renting a power washer and cleaned the deck and fence and the icky side of the house. Today we painted the deck and part of the fence. We'll get the rest done tomorrow. Then the gutters. Gotta love three day weekends.

I've been really good at keeping my calories at or below 1400 this week. I'm not sure what the scale will say tomorrow.

I'm going into my son's class on Tuesday. They are combining the second grades so there will be 29 students in his class. (Ten more) They had a first/second grade class, but I guess it didn't work out as well as they planned. So I firgured I would offer my assistance to his teacher the first day with the new students.

Hugs,
Closed Thread