Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2005, 06:16 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 322/255/175

Height: 5'6"

Hi Chickies!

Sorry it's been awhile since I've posted - with the 5 kids running here and there, it's like a zoo most of the time!

Weighed in today at LAWL and stayed the same - But it's the first time I didn't have a loss, so I'm not too upset - it's just that I was spoiled and got used to a loss every time. It'll be 4 weeks tomorrow and I've lost 12 pounds already so I can't complain!

ACTIVEADVENTURER: LAWL is similar to WW, but doesn't have as many choices. For me, WW was too liberal and so I found a million ways to cheat. On LAWL you get proteins, starch, fruit, veggies, dairy, and fat and each is a certain portion, even veggies. There is nothing on the program that is unlimited. So, it works well for me.

CONGRATS to everyone on trying to get healthier and happier! WE CAN DO THIS!!!

Have a GREAT Wednesday!

Old 10-19-2005, 07:09 PM   #47  
Hanging in the Heartland

S/C/G: 470/220/170

Height: 5"8"

Hi Folks,

Congratulations on the great losses. WOW!!! I'm impressed. I am not sure if I have lost much weight but I have certainly lost inches. I recently bought some clothes and all were 1-2 sizes smaller than usual!!!! I loved your story about the young guy down the way BBNM. Very affirming.

Thnaks for the info on LAWL, Lori. See you all soon. DCM
Old 10-20-2005, 08:40 PM   #48  

Hey Chickies!

Had WI today at LAWL and was down another 2 1/2 pounds! That's 15 pounds in 30 days! Only 135 more to go!!

My knee braces came today! That means I can start walking again!

Hope you all are doing good! Have a great weekend!
Old 10-22-2005, 04:54 PM   #49  
Hanging in the Heartland

Lori, Glad to see those great results. Knee braces sound good too. Let us know how it goes.

BBNM, How is it going?.

I am excited to have finished two of the three legs of my LMT except that I have 70 miles of bicycling to do in the next 10 days. Better get moving!!!

Any one else out there lurking? Hope to hear from you.

See you all soon

Denise
Old 10-22-2005, 11:00 PM   #50  

Hi everyone!

I just came across this thread, and I'd love to join cuz you seem like a cool bunch of chicks! I'm 43 and I have well over 100#'s to lose--so I think I fit the criteria

Anyway, I think you ladies are awesome. Keep up the good work!

Toodles for now,
Dandy

Old 10-23-2005, 04:30 PM   #51  
Hanging in the Heartland

Hi Dandy, welcome to the thread

I wanted to do a quick post because I find my resolve to finish my LMT dissolving. I have had this experience before. When I get close to the finish line, I want to quit. It is just crazy. Not finishing is no big tragedy but it would mean a lot to me to get it done. This is my third attempt to finish one and the first time I have even gotten close. OK girls, will me over the finish line

Denise
Old 10-24-2005, 12:24 AM   #52  

Hiya Active!

You're sooooooooo close to finishing!

You, along with the rest of the chicks on this thread, have inspired me to begin a walking program after reading on this thread how well you've all been progressing on your LMT's.

You're kinda my hero right now , so you simply must finish... that's all there is to it!

Willing you to the finish line,

Dandy,
Old 10-24-2005, 06:04 PM   #53  

Hey Everyone!!

I WON!! I WON!!! LAWL had an open house last week and they gave you tickets for different things. I bobbed for apples for 20 tickets - I nearly drowned but it was worth it!! I won the grand prize which is an overnight stay at a fancy hotel in downtown St. Louis! AND $30.00 gift certificate to Joe Baccardi's Restaurant! We are giving our oldest the restaurant $$$ for babysitting the littles! DH and I haven't spent a night alone in over 15 years!!

Hi Dandy!

HI DENISE!!!! You are doing great!!!! :-)

Hi to everyone else!! Hope your week started out great! WE CAN DO THIS!!

Old 10-25-2005, 02:21 AM   #54  

Hiya Lori,

Thanks for the welcome and congratulations on your win! Woo hoo!

I started my walking program today, and I think I did all right considering the current shape I'm in . I really need to get myself a pedometer though. I'm doing my walking on path at a local park-- but I'm not sure how much ground I'm covering . I'm thinking it was about a quarter mile--but I don't know for sure. Eeek, I can't believe that little trek made me work up a sweat . I used to do five times that distance without blinking. But that was 50lbs ago and many 's I'll just have to work up to it again, that's all.

Anyway, hope everyone else is well

How's the LMT going Denise?!

toodles for now,
Dandy
Old 10-25-2005, 08:08 PM   #55  
Hanging in the Heartland

Congratulations Dandy and Lori. Winners all around. I am loving this little 15 years!!! Sounds like you are due!!! Congratulations on starting your walking program. Have made some progress with the LMT. 50+ miles of bicycling to go by Monday. Doable

Where is BBNM?

Miss you hulahips!

Have fun, DCM
Closed Thread