Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2005, 10:35 AM   #31  

I'm the glass half full girl remember so I will do it
I might change the bike with the walking (less on the bike )
it's 12.26am here so I dont think I can come up with a good name right now but I'll put my thinking cap on later iin the morning
I was just off to bed and the computer said I had mail so I just had to have a look you know I'm a and
to us all on our new treck, good night all
Old 09-19-2005, 10:54 AM   #32  

so how did the day go for all??????
I was bad I have just come home from the drive-in's,just got to have a choc top ice-cream between movies
Old 09-19-2005, 11:44 AM   #33  
Hanging in the Heartland

S/C/G: 470/220/170

Height: 5"8"

BBNM

We all have those days. What is important is that we keep on keeping on. Don't be too hard on yourself. Think of how far you have come and keep on going!!! DCM
Old 09-19-2005, 01:12 PM   #34  
Swing dancer in training

Thumbs up New but would like to join

Hi!

First day to the group and I would like to join the 40+ . I am 48 but only have about 30 to lose but it is an ever lasting 30. I need the motivation that I am hoping to get from you guys. I love to eat! My workouts are okay but I lose interest in a couple of weeks.

Okay to join?
Old 09-19-2005, 07:19 PM   #35  

We are the more the merryer kind of group , so welcome hulahips . we will have only 30 to lose one day so join in as you can see activeadventurer and I are doing a lazyman's triathalon , if you would like to join in on the fun you are more that welcome
Old 09-20-2005, 12:15 AM   #36  
Hanging in the Heartland

Welcome hulahips. I love your name!!! We are more than happy to have you. I tend to approach my own weight loss in 25# increments. It helps me stay focuse on the road right in front of me. Tell us a little aobut yourself if you'd like and it would be great to have you join the 3 of us (ButterBallNoMore, myself and Nancy) in the LMT. See a fewposts back. DCM
Old 09-21-2005, 08:07 AM   #37  

Well today was my weigh-in Deep breath Yes down 1kg (2.2 lb)
so it's the happy dance for me
what day are the rest of the group having as weigh-in day?????
I have been ok today still have not ad all my water but I will try
Old 09-21-2005, 04:55 PM   #38  
Swing dancer in training

Smile Thanks for the welcome!

LMT - That is great! I love it! Thank you for the welcome! I only do the video tapes, I do Cathe and the Firm so I don't know how you would break that down. I did so well last week and this week my motivation is just gone! I need to get on the scale like you all do and post. Maybe when I see it on paper (computer screen that is) it will hit me more! I am 48, been dancing Polynesian for the past 38 years and just recently hung up my tassels. That is I am only going to dance class for fun and not for shows. I am starting swing dance classes in a couple of week though. I have always wanted to do this and know I am. I have three sons, 23, 12 and 10. We live in San Dimas, calif. and I work at City Hall in Azusa. You all sound like a lot of fun. Now I just have to get used to this website and add all those fun icons.

hulahips (aka Tina)
Old 09-22-2005, 05:13 PM   #39  

I think it helps if you have a weight-tracker so you know were you are and you know the rest of the group know also makes me feel like I have to do the right thing as much as possable
and as you start to lose it gives you the I will go on and i the icons so come on and get back on track so you can have a and then we can all do the happy dance like this for you oh and by the way I am
Old 09-23-2005, 04:05 AM   #40  

Hi all activeadventurer how do you like my tracker for our Lazy Man's Triatholon
Old 09-23-2005, 07:23 AM   #41  
Hanging in the Heartland

Default I'm Back Sort of

Hi Folks,

Sorry I have not been posting. I had a bit of a shock this week (See 100+ pound thread "Serious Illness - Seeking Support" for details). It has thrown me way off track exercise wise (Meaning none so far this week) but I think today is the day!!! My eating has been less than stellar but not nearly as bad as it might have been in similar circumstances.

BBNM - I love your tracker for the Lazy Man's Triathalon. Thnaks for keeping it alive. I definitely need to do something similar or post daily to keep it in the front of my mind. Congratulations on your progress.

Hulahips - I hope you will join us on the LMT. You can definitey substitue your tapes for the walking, swimming etc. Just decide on your own conversion factor. A simple one might be... since people bike at around ten miles an hour. A one hour tape would be like biking ten miles or people walk at 3-4 miles per hour so...

I usually like to add the little icons but I am just not up to it today. Maybe tomorrow

Let's be women. Thanks for the support!!!

P.S. I did exercise today and therefore officially started my LMT. Now I have some catching up to do. DCM

Last edited by activeadventurer; 09-23-2005 at 12:24 PM. Reason: addendum
Old 09-24-2005, 11:26 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 322/255/175

Height: 5'6"

Hi Everyone!

My name is Lori and I have well over 100 pounds to lose. I just turned 50 in July. On Wednesday I joined LA Weight Loss and am very excited to be doing something positive to getting this weight off!

Looking forward to meeting all of you!
Old 09-24-2005, 11:50 PM   #43  
Hanging in the Heartland

Hi folks,

Hope every body is doing well.

Welcome, Lori. Congratulations on joining LA Weight Loss. I would be intersted in knowing a little bit more about the program if you are up to it.

HulaHips - Thanks for the bio info. I have spent most of my life in or near my hometown of Oakland, CA. I am thinking that San Dimas is in Southern CA but I am really not sure.

BBNM thanks for your recent support and way to go girl on the LMT. You are inspiring me.

Bye for now, DCM
Old 10-17-2005, 11:03 AM   #44  

Quote:
Originally Posted by activeadventurer
Hi BBNM and others,

Goals Hmmmm. My plan is eat between 2000-2500 kcals per day, exercise at least 3-4 times a week for a minimum of 30 minutes and drink 64 oz. of water per day.

BBNM, that seems like a really ambitious weight loss goal. I think I figured it was 19 pounds in less than 6 weeks. Maybe you lose fast or maybe its the conversion thing. I would like to lose 25 pounds by the end of the year (a little less than 2 pounds a week) I find I do better if I focus more on behaviors and less on weight. At the same time I feel I need to be more optimistic about my ability to lose weight and not so negative regarding how slow it can go.

Any one else for stating their goals?
Well I have one week( well just under two) to go and I dont think I will quite make my goal but I think it's the happy dance for me(you do it my feet dont need it right now)

Last edited by butter ball no more; 10-17-2005 at 04:42 PM.
Old 10-18-2005, 09:27 AM   #45  

is any one home ??? not a lot going on ,are we all doing well on our new self???
my new self is starting to show through,my face has started to thin out and the young man down(he is only 23) the road asked about my little boy I had to tell him it was mmy grandson ,he was realy shocked and got all red in the face and said "I didn't think you look old enough for him to be your granson"so do I feel good or what
Closed Thread